Spread over six acres, Pandavgad is a famous attraction in Satara district. Once upon a time, there were 18 ponds in the forts, out of which only three can be seen today. All the structures in the fort are in ruins, apart from a temple, which has a beautiful architecture, supported by four carved pillars. All the ancient buildings on the fort have been reduced to a mere heap of bricks. In the center, remains of the main building are hidden by a thick growth of bushy shrubs. From every corner of the fort, one can get the beautiful view of the neighboring areas. From the east side, one can see the panoramic view of Wai, and Mandhardevi. To the west, Kenjalgad marks a prominent object at a distance of about 5 miles.
The fort was built in 1191-1192 AD by the Shilahar King Bhoj-II. In 1673, the Marathas took over the fort and made it a part of Swarajya. Later in 1701, the Aurangzeb captured it. And then Chatrapati Shahu Maharaj seized it. Followed by British in 1818.
There are two ways to reach the fort - one is to take a bus from Menavali, and Wai. Later on, tourists will have to walk for a while to reach the main fort. The path that leads to the fort is not at all wide, which makes it difficult to walks upon.
If a heritage lover by nature then do visit some nearby attractions like Bhairavgad Fort, and Ajinkyatara Fort. Also, tourists can take part in trekking, and camp expeditions that take places around the fort.