In order to visit Nagaland, an Indian tourist requires an Inner Line Permit (ILP). People residing in New Delhi, Kolkata, Shillong or Guwahati can also obtain the ILP application form at the Nagaland House office, where it can be duly submitted as well. It is to be noted that even if you are travelling in a group, each traveller is required to obtain the permit individually.
Requirement for filling the form (which is available online as well)
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of one identity proof (Pan Card/Aadhaar Card/Voter ID)
Valid Period of an ILP:
- One can apply online from http://www.ilp.nagaland.gov.in/ApplyOnline.aspx
- Once the form is filled and submitted, an Application ID is generated that will redirect to a page to upload the photo(s) and document for verification.
- An SMS alert with your application number shall be sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- Use the Application ID to make the online payment and print the ILP card.
- On successful verification and online payment an ILP code will be generated that shall serve like the PNR number in flight and railway ticket.