While approaching the end of the year we all start wondering about what changes we are going to bring in our life in the New Year and start searching all our do’s and don’ts. Travel bugs start to look for the best tourist destinations to be visited and why not as there is no better way to enjoy winters in India than visiting beautiful destinations. January brings respite from the sweltering summers.
The breeze brings chills all around. Some parts of India are covered with glittering snow, skies are soundless as birds go for shelter, warmth and care. The bliss of nature has permeated all the air and seduced each living being to travel.
If you too have plans to give a kickstart to your New Year Celebration 2022 with a perfect vacation, then here I am helping you further with a wonderful list of 35 best places to visit and things to do in January in India.
Best Tourist Destinations to Visit in January in India`
- Great Rann of Kutch
- Diu, Daman & Diu
- Andaman Islands
- Sirpur, Chhattisgarh
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dawki, Meghalaya
- Auli, Uttarakhand
- Kalpetta, Kerala
- Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu
- Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Alleppey, Kerala
- Varanasi – Uttar Pradesh
- Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir
- Pachmarhi, Madhya Pradesh
- Darjeeling, West Bengal
- Chikmagalur, Karnataka
Recommended Tour Packages
1. Great Rann of Kutch, Gujarat: A Visit to the Land of White Sand and Get Familiar with the Much-Celebrated Festival
Situated in the Kutch district of Gujarat, the Great Rann of Kutch is a famous tourist spot which is visited by travelers coming here from all around the world. Famous for its white salt desert sand, The Great Rann of Kutch is reputed to be the largest salt desert in the world.
The place becomes a shallow wetland that submerges into water during the monsoon and becomes extremely dry during the summers. The reason why winter season is considered to be the best for visiting the Great Rann of Kutch is because post monsoon the sand dries and the Rann Utsav begins.
Planning a trip to the Great Rann of Kutch in the month of January, you will be able to witness the much-celebrated Rann Utsav (November 1st, 2021 – February 20, 2022) which is organized by the Tourism Department of Gujarat. Right from hogging to shopping, the festival has everything covered under its myriad offerings of enjoying the cultural fiesta, sightseeing & adventurous tours, folk dances, handicrafts and several other activities.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Great Runn of Kutch?
- Take the bird watching trip where you can spot flamingo paradise and other migratory birds like the common cranes, pelicans and more.
- Peak with a temple and salt marsh views at the Kalo Dungar.
- Mandvi Beach is the best place for family vacation where you can feel relaxed. It would take approx. 3-4 hours from the Great Rann of Kutch to reach.
- Make a visit to the Kutch Museum to witness the collection of the extinct Kutchi Script and ancient coins.
How to Reach Great Runn of Kutch?
- By Air –The nearest airport is the Bhuj Airport which is well-connected to other major cities of the country. You can check for flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata etc. Getting down at the airport you can avail various taxi services that would take you straight to Bhuj city.
- By Rail – The city has its own railway station – Bhuj Railway Station with connectivity from many major cities like Mumbai, Ahmedabad etc. Once you get down at the airport you need to avail a bus or taxi/cab to reach the city.
- By Road – There are many state and private bus facilities available from the major cities in Gujarat that make your journey convenient. If you wish to drive down to get an experience of the luminous landscape in your own vehicle then the road condition is apt for the trip. The distance from Ahmedabad is 400 km and from Rajkot it is 300 km to Bhuj.
Where to Stay in Great Runn of Kutch?
Gateway to Rann Resort, Toran Rann Resort, Sham-e-Sarhad Village Resort,Rann Kandhi Resort, the Village Resort Mandvi, Click Hotel Bhuj, Hill View Resort, Regenta Resort Bhuj, Quality Inn Palms are some of the options ranging from luxury to budget stay. If you want, you can also stay in Bhuj city and can commute to the White Desert situated some 100 km away.
Best Travel Trip: As the Rann Utsav starts between November and February, which is the peak tourist season, it is recommended to book your tickets and accommodation in advance so that you don’t miss out on getting your preferred stay.
2. Diu, Daman & Diu: A Beach Holiday to Witness Asia’s Longest Beach Festival
A visit to the coastal town at the eastern end of the Diu would give you an unforgettable experience in the month of January. Yes, the winter months make the town even more beautiful than what it is all round the year. If you have been looking for it, then why wait? Get excited to travel to Daman – Diu.
Traveling to Diu in January would give you an opportunity to witness the Festa De Diu which is Asia’s longest beach festival when the whole Diu is adorned like a bride. It is the time of the year when the picturesque territory of Diu makes one lose themselves in the mesmerizing beauty and perfect weather and offers the tourists various activities to do in Fiesta De Die including spa, bungee jumping, hot air balloon ride over the Arabian, zip lining, workshops, fashion shows, the carnival, music and dance session and more.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Diu, Daman & Diu
- Visit the Golden Sand Beach, i.e., Ghogla Beach.
- Naida Caves which is located at the periphery of the Diu Fort.
- Visit the fort-cum-castle Diu Fort which was built by the Portuguese during colonial rule.
- Relax and explore the beauty of Nagoa Beach.
- Enjoy watching the mesmerizing sunset view at the Chakrichirith Beach.
- Other than these, St. Paul Church, Panikota Fort, Gangeshwar Mahadev Temple, Zampa Gateway, Diu Museum and more are some of the tourist attractions in Diu.
How to Reach Diu, Daman & Diu?
- By Air: Diu has its airport which is located at Nagoa at a distance of 8 km and is well-connected to the other major cities of the country. Getting down at the airport and taking the local transport services that would take you to the final destination.
- By Rail: The nearest railhead is located at Veraval which is connected to Rajkot, Ahmedabad and the other important cities of Western India. A trip to Diu by rail would give you the opportunity to witness the beauty of the region.
- By Road: Traveling to Diu via road is yet another way where you could get the opportunity to admire the beauty of the surroundings. Diu is linked via roads to Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Vadodara, Daman, Palitana and other major cities of the country.
Where to Stay in Diu, Daman & Diu?
If you are looking for a luxury holiday stay then book your accommodation at Kostamar Beach Resort, Radhika Beach Resort, Krishna Beach Resort, Hotel Kohinoor. And if you are travelling solo and want to cut down on investing in accommodation, then you can book your stay at the budget hotels which include Hotel the Grand Highness, Hotel Palms, Hotel Relax Inn and Sea Village Resort.
Best Travel Tip: As Diu is a beach town, it is important to pack all the essentials before leaving for the trip. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen lotion, swimwear, hats/caps and flip-flops for the beach. Avoid wearing synthetic clothes during the day time as it could be really sticky and annoying.
Recommended Tour Packages
3. Andaman Islands: Honeymooner’s First Love with Virgin Islands
Surrounded by the lagoon of crystal-clear water and scenic beaches, Andaman is a popular honeymoon destination for most of the couples coming across the globe. However, let me say this, the place is not just for the couples but for all those people looking for an enjoyable, laid-back solo trip where you can go on long treks, laze around in the backwaters of the island, and do some adventurous activities.
Also, planning a trip with your family would also give you an amazing experience to cherish for a lifetime. Right from the pristine, untouched beaches of Neil and Havelock Islands to the bustling town of Port Blair, and the opportunity to relive the colonial past, the destination has much to offer to the tourists.
Festival/Event: Make sure to be a part of Island Annual Festival that takes places in January Month
Popular Tourist Attractions in Andaman Islands
- Visit the Cellular Jail National Memorial which was once a British prison but now it is known as a shrine to the political protests that were once jailed.
- Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island which was extolled as Asia’s Best Beach in 2004 by TIME Magazine.
- Ross and Smith Island which is a natural sandbar connecting two islands.
- Laxmanpur Beach, Neil Island is a perfect getaway for long and refreshing walks.
- Lalaji Bay Beach, Long Island which is a must-visit destination for the skinny-dippers.
- Guitar Island Beach which is the perfect honeymoon tour for the couples looking for some privacy or for solo travelers seeking solitude and peace.
- Visit the Samudrika Naval Marine Museum in Port Blair that offers a glimpse into the biodiversity of marine life. The list doesn’t end here, find more at 30 Best Tourist Places and Attractions in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
How to Reach Andaman Islands?
- By Air: There is good air connectivity to Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore. And some flights from Visakhapatnam on a regular basis. If you would be travelling from Kolkata or Chennai it will take roughly 2 hours whereas travelling from Delhi and Mumbai would take you approx. 5 hours.
Where to Stay in Andaman Islands?
For Luxury retreat, book your stay at Havelock Island Beach Resort, SeaShell Havelock, The Seaview Residency, Summer Sand Beach Resort, Munjoh Ocean Resort, Ixzire. Those travelling solo and looking for a budget stay can book your accommodation in Wild Orchid, Andaman Castle, The Ocean Blue Resort, Blue Bird Resort, Pearl Park Beach Resort and more.
Best Travel Tip: To relish water activities then avail the service of certified instructors of an international professional organization like CMAS, NAUI, BSAC, PADI or BSAC for safe diving experience.
Recommended Tour Packages
Sirpur, Chhattisgarh: Spend Some Time with Yourself in The Lap of Nature
Located on the bank of River Mahanadi, Sirpur is one of the best offbeat places to visit in Chhattisgarh. It has always been successful in grabbing the attention of the travellers interested in historical and art-based elements, adventures and actually even more than this.
Here, you would get an amazing and unique experience where you could sense a blend of nature and monuments helping you relive the historical era. Also, this holy village served as an important center for the Buddhists between the 6th and 10th century and the Great Buddhist Monk, 14th Dalai Lama visited Sirpur in the year 2013.
Festival/Event: It is the nonchalant charm of this relatively quiet town that makes it an ideal holiday destination in the month of January when the Sirpur National Dance and Music Festival enthralls and leaves the travelers mesmerized.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Sirpur
- Witness the symmetry and carvings on the walls of the Laxman Temple.
- If you are a history buff then ASI Museum would see the passionately crafted idols related to different religions.
- Visit Barnawapara to experience the lush green ground that welcomes you with a cool breeze.
- Baleshwar Temple and Buddha Vihara are also added in the list which you can visit.
How to Reach Sirpur, Chhattisgarh?
- By Air: As Sirpur doesn’t have its own airport, the nearest would be in Raipur which is about 82 km from the place. Regular flights are available to Raipur from the cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Ranchi, Vizag and Chennai. Getting down at the airport, you can avail local transportation facilities that would take you to your destination.
- By Train: Sirpur Town railway station is connected to the other major cities of the country.
- By Road: As Sirpur doesn’t have the bus stand, you can hire a taxi from Raipur which is 82 km away from Sirpur.
Where to Stay in Sirpur, Chhattisgarh?
Hiuen Tsiang Tourist Resort and Barnawapara Hareli Eco Resort where you can book your stay when planning to visit Sirpur.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in Chhatisgarh
5. Jaipur, Rajasthan: A Place for Literature Enthusiasts
Well, Jaipur has always been successful in evoking an aura of imperial regalia and something that the royal state has thrived on since ages. It is the imposing forts and palaces of the Pink City which makes the sparkling grandeur of the city one of the most visited and favorite tourist places to travel in January.
So why wait, take a dip in the royal madness and live the excellence! Festival/Event: Jaipur Literature Festival takes place in the month of January. The year 2022 will celebrate the fest between 28th January to 1st February. Also, you can be a part of the International Kite Festival which will be held between 06th and 14th January.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Jaipur
- Visit City Palace to get a glimpse of the royal lifestyle.
- Witness the exceptional architecture by visiting Hawa Mahal.
- To see the evolving art and culture visit Albert Hall.
- Those with a love for animals and birds can make a visit to the Jaipur Zoo.
- Don’t leave the opportunity to uncover the mystery of Nahargarh Fort.
How to Reach in Jaipur, Rajasthan?
- By Air: Jaipur has its own airport which has the facility of daily domestic flights from Delhi, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Aurangabad, Hyderabad, Goa, Kolkata and other major cities of the country. Once you get down at the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach your final destination.
- By Rail: Travelling to Jaipur by rail is also a convenient way to travel. In that sense, you can book your tickets for Shatabdi Express which is air-conditioned, very comfortable and connects Jaipur to the major cities of India. There are other popular train facilities which are Ajmer Shatabdi, Pune Jaipur Express, Jaipur Express and Adi SJ Rajdhani. Getting down at the railway station, you would find several local transport facilities that would help you reach your final destination.
- By Road: The Pink City has a good network of roads connecting with other major Indian cities through NH 8, NH 11 and NH 12. Regular bus services are run by both private and government to and from New Delhi is just 268 km from the beautiful city while the city of the Agra is at a distance of 240 km away from Jaipur.
Where to Stay in Jaipur, Rajasthan?
For those who want to get a royal retreat in Jaipur, book your stay at Oberoi Rajvilas, Lebua Resort, The Tree of Life Resort & Spa, ITC Rajputana, Trident, Jaipur Marriott Hotel.
If you are looking to save a little on your accommodation then you can book your stay at the 3-star hotels like the Sunrise Health Resort, Pride Amber Vilas, Shahpura House, Fortune Select Metropolitan, Woodsvilla Resort. Budget Hotels include Nahargarh Haveli, Hotel Anuraag Villa, Hotel Amer View. To get a complete detail on the hotels in Jaipur as per your budget you can read Travel Guide to 20 of the Best Jaipur Hotels.
Best Travel Tip: As Jaipur is one of the most popular travel destinations for travelers of India as well as international tourists, it is important that you book your tickets and accommodation in advance. Also, visiting Jaipur in winters, don’t forget to keep the woolen clothes to get ready for some cool breeze.
6. Dawki, Meghalaya: A Place of Serene Beauty and Tranquility
Have you been planning for a place away from the bustle of the city crowd this New Year? Then Dawki is where you need to escape to. Situated on the India- Bangladesh Border, Dawki is a beautiful town in the lap of the Jaintia Hills which is yet another coolest destination in India.
It is the mild smoky environs, air carrying beads of mist, fluttering leaves and minimalistic way of life that make Dawki a unique place that should be visited once in a lifetime. So if you want to experience the richness of the North East with your perfect travel companion or even solo, then it is the month of January that you can make the most out of travelling in India.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Dawki
- Take a tour of Umngot River to treat your eyes with the emerald colour crystal clear water.
- Jaflong Zero Point which is yet another popular sight in the town.
- Visit Burhills Falls to watch the scenic waterfalls in Meghalaya which is at a distance of 9 km away from Dawki .
How to Reach Dawki?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport, Guwahati which has good air connectivity to the major cities of the county. Dawki is located at a distance of 196 km away from Guwahati, so once you reach Guwahati, you can avail the bus service or hire a cab.
- By Rail: The nearest railhead would be at Guwahati Railway Station with good railway connectivity to the other states of India. Reaching Guwahati, you can either hire a cab or catch public or private buses that would take you to your destination.
- By Road: Dawki is 81 km from Shillong and taking a road trip will take you through beautiful gorges, deep forests and rivulets. You can get a bus service from Guwahati to Shillong which would be 99km as well as till Dawki which would be 175 km.
Where to Stay in Dawki, Meghalaya?
If you are looking for stay options when travelling to Dawki, then hotels or guest house in Shillong would be an ideal choice to book your stay as it is a major tourist center with many suitable options for all budget sizes which includes Royal Heritage Tripura Castle, Aerodene Cottage, The Habitat Shillong, The Pear Tree.
Best Travel Tip: Hire a car which you can drive or simply go for the car ride from Shillong to Dawki, which is an amazing experience in itself.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in India
7. Auli, Uttarakhand: Perfect Destination for those Bitten by the Adventure Bug
Auli, which is less explored yet popular as the skiing destination in North India, wears almost all shades of nature because of which it has become the favorite tourist spot to see snow in India in January. The reason why January should be preferred for travelling to Auli is because of its beauty which is festooned by snow-capped mountains and opportunities of adventure. Travelers coming with adventure fervor and their endeavor to triumph over nature, Auli proves to be an ideal locale for the daredevils and is gradually growing popular like all the other cold-weather destinations of the country.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Auli
- Visit Auli Artificial Lake to see the pristine lake perched at an astounding elevation.
- To watch the magnificent and majestic Himalayan View, visit the site where Auli Ropeway takes place.
- Visit Gorson Bugyal to witness the large land of green pastures surrounded by coniferous forest and oak trees. Also, visit Kwani Bugyal, Trishul Peak and Chenab Lake.
- Seek blessings at Narsingh Temple.
How to Reach Auli in Uttarakhand?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport i.e., Dehradun Airport which is at a distance of 303 km away from Auli. Once you reach Dehradun, avail the bus service that takes you to Joshimath, and from there take a cab or the cable car.
- By Rail: The nearest railhead is Haridwar Railway Station which is located at a distance of 266 km away from Auli. Apart from this, Dehradun and Rishikesh railway stations are also considered as the nearest railway heads to Auli.
- By Road: Regular bus road services are available from Dehradun, Rishikesh and Haridwar to Joshimath. Once you reach Joshimath, you can hire a jeep or any other available mode to commute to Auli.
Where to Stay in Auli?
Clifftop Club Resort, The Royal Village Resort, The Tattva Resort, Blue Poppy Resorts, Dream Mountain Resort, Hotel Manik Resort Auli are some of the options to book your stay to get a spectacular view of the snowfall in India.
Best Travel Tip: As Auli is covered with snow during the winters, it’s highly recommended to pack all your essentials including warm clothes, 2-3 pairs of shoes, overcoats and also medicines before leaving for your trip to Auli in January.
8. Kalpetta, Kerala: A Tourist Hub Filled with Nature and Holiness
Located at a distance of 72 km from Kozhikode, Kalpetta is a quaint town surrounded by coffee plantations and magnificent mountains that make this beautiful town of Kerala a popular tourist hub as well as a major trading center in the district.
Though some parts of Kerala are to be visited during the monsoon season, the best month to visit Kalpetta is during the winter months when the temperature varies from 18° C to 25° C.
The town has a stronghold of the Jains and thus, while visiting, you can witness numerous temples and institutions run by Jains. Kalpetta can also be considered for a holiday, if you are looking for a place filled with holiness which would give you a chance to know more about the beliefs of these people.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Kalpetta
- Koottamundu Glass Temple to seek blessings and meditate.
- Sentinel Rock Waterfalls to see the waterfall cascade in three steps.
- Karapuzha Dam to see the splendid sight of the wonderful man-made marvel built over the Karapuzha River.
- Chembra Peak which is a beautiful trekking trail.
- Ananthanatha Swami Temple with some other temples in the town can be visited on your trip to Kalpetta.
How to Reach Kalpetta in Kerala?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Calicut International Airport serving the cities of Kozhikode and Malappuram in Kerala, which is 85 km away from Kalpetta. Getting down at the airport, you can avail bus and taxi services that would take you to your final destination.
- By Rail: The town doesn’t have its own railway station. The nearest would be Nilambur Road Station which is approx. 97 km away from Kalpetta. Getting down at Nilambur you can avail the local transportation facility.
- By Road: Regular bus services are available from different part of the state, so getting to Kalpetta by road isn’t difficult.
Where to Stay in Kalpetta?
Lakerose Wayanad Resort, Pepper Green Village, Planet Green Plantation Resort, Grassroots Wayanad, Pranavam Homestay are some of the best options to book your stay in Kalpetta.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
9. Bikaner, Rajasthan: A Cultural Heritage Tour to Witness the Bikaner Camel Fair
If you are looking for a city perfect for a rich cultural heritage tour, then this New Year head to Bikaner. By visiting Bikaner in the month of January, you can be a part of the Bikaner Camel Fair which is organized by Rajasthan Government Department of Tourism, Art & Culture) where the focus of this winter festival is a variety of camels decorated in their finest attire, and rare ready for the competition like the camel beauty pageants, camel races, and camel dancing. So come and be a part of the amazing festival to experience something unique!
Popular Tourist Attractions in Bikaner
- Junagarh Fort which was built in the year 1478.
- Gajner Palace, a heritage hotel which was once a royal residence.
- Karni Mata Mandir which is known for its sizable population of rats.
- Rampuria Haveli to see the Rajputana architecture.
- The Royal Cenotaphs which is situated at a distance of 8 km east of Bikaner.
- Lalgarh Palace and Museum. To get a complete guide on what all can be explored in Bikaner read further Top 20 Tourist Attractions in Bikaner.
How to Reach Bikaner in Rajasthan?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jodhpur Airport which has good airline connectivity to the other major cities of the country which is at a distance of 248 km from the city. Getting down at the airport you can board a bus or taxi to reach your destination in Bikaner.
- By Rail: Bikaner Junction and Lalgarh Railway Station connect the city to major Indian cities such as Delhi, Punjab, Jodhpur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Guwahati and more. Getting to Bikaner by train is not hectic, but rather an enjoyable experience.
- By Road: Regular private or state-owned government bus services for Bikaner are available from the major cities of the countries including Delhi, Jodhpur, Agra, Ajmer, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Udaipur and Kota are available for Bikaner.
Where to Stay in Bikaner?
For a luxury holiday book your stay at Narendra Bhawan and Lallgarh Palace. Other than these you can even book your stay at Gajner Palace, Bhanwar Niwas, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Vesta Bikaner Palace, Hotel Bhairon Vilas and more.
Also Read: Best Attractions to Visit in Bikaner
10. Madurai, Tamil Nadu: Witness the Glorious Past and Be a Part of The Float Festival
Being the Temple Town of Tamil Nadu, planning a visit to Madurai this New Year would take you to the glorious past of the city, and sight temples flaunting the architectural brilliance especially the famous Meenakshi Temple.
The reason why I have listed Madurai to be visited in the month of January is because the city gives the tourists an opportunity to be a part of the Float Festival which is a popular 12-day event that takes place between mid-January and Mid-February and is celebrated on the night of full moon.
This festival is unique in its celebration and attracts a large number of tourists and pilgrims across the globe. The festival involves the carrying of Goddess Meenakshi and her consort, Lord Sundareswarar in a procession to the lake where they are taken on a boat ride and then to the temple on the island. The island is beautifully decorated with colorful lanterns and flowers.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Madurai
- Sri Meenakshi Amman Temple to see the exquisite statues and museum.
- Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple where it is believed that the sun and moon abides.
- Visit Gandhi Museum to see a vast collection detailing India’s background and books by Gandhiji himself. .
- Samanar Hills from where you can get a splendid view of Madurai.
- Koodal Azhagar Temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Pazhamudhir Solai where the sculptures are carved out of marble and wood.
How to Reach Madurai in Tamil Nadu?
- By Air: Madurai Airport is well connected with some major Indian cities. Getting down at the airport you can avail the bus or taxi service that would take you to your final destination in Madurai.
- By Rail: Madurai Junction Railway Station connects the city with rest of India by good railway connectivity. Regular super-fast day trains ply between Madurai and Chennai. Once you get down at the station, you would find several local transportation facilities to avail.
- By Road: Inter-city and inter-state buses ply between Madurai, other major cities of Tamil Nadu and nearby states on a frequent or regular basis. Road trips are always fun so you can try going to Madurai by road.
Where to Stay in Madurai?
JC Residency, The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai, Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, Royal Court Hotel, The SPK Hotel, Poppys Hotel Madurai are some of the best options to stay in Madurai.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read/b>
11. Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu: Dig More about the History, Artwork Along with Enjoying the Open-Air India Dance Festival
Are you someone who is interested in the artworks and urge to dig more about the history? Mamallapuram or Mahabalipuram is the magnificent living example of the Pallava Artwork which has extraordinary historical monuments that have preserved the artwork of that era.
Mamallapuram is yet another tourist destination which is perfect to be visited in January as you can witness the open-air India Dance Festival which is celebrated by the locals as well as the people coming from across the globe.
The festival is held between January and February against a background of rock sculptures in the beach town of Mamallapuram. The festival runs for a month which shows a range of classical and folk dances. Other than this, you can make the most out of your trip to Mahabalipuram by exploring the impressive stonework done in the temples.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Mamallapuram
- Visit Kottakunnu which is a hilly garden famous for the ruins of an old fort.
- Arimbra Hills which resembles one of the famous hill stations in India-Ooty.
- Nedumkayam is a dense forest housing a variety of flora and fauna.
- Visit Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary to witness a wide variety of fishes, mussels and crabs in and around water bodies.
- Adventure freaks and nature getaway lovers can visit Keralamkundu Waterfalls.
- Visit Teak Museum where the key attraction is the 480 years old teak tree with the museum having a collection of over 300 moths, insects and butterflies found in the teak plantation.
How to Reach Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Chennai Airport which is located at a distance of 57 km away from Mamallapuram or Mahabalipuram. Getting down at the airport you can take the local transportation facility that would take you straight to Mamallapuram.
- By Rail: The nearest railhead is Chengalpattu, which is located at a distance of 28 km away from Mahabalipuram. Trains for Chennai and several other major cities in South India on regular or frequent basis have good connectivity.
- By Road: Getting to Mamallapuram by road is convenient as the city is connected by a number of interconnecting roadways to Chennai, Chengalpattu, Pondicherry and Kanchipuram.
Where to Stay in Mamallapuram?
Meya Beach Walk Hotel, Ideal Beach Resort, Chariot Beach Resort, WelcomHotel Kences Palm Beach, Anora Beach Resort, Hotel Mamalla Heritage are some of the options where you can book your stay in Mamallapuram.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
12. Bhubaneswar, Odisha: Home to Spectacular and Ancient Temples
Yet another religious place that is included in the winter tourism that would take you to the stunning beaches and pilgrimages to help you make the most out of your family holidays this New Year.
Being the trade centre and religious hub in North Eastern India, Bhubaneswar attracts the highest number of tourists across the globe. So, this January, experience the rich culture, which can be traced back to the 3rd century BC.
For shopaholics Silver filigree,Bhubaneswar has a lot to offer right from Stone and Wood carving to Patta paintings, Tie and Dye textiles to bamboo basketry, brass and bell metal work to horn work, and many other handicrafts that can be selected from the souvenirs from the local markets.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Bhubaneswar
- Lingaraj Temple which was built in the 11th century.
- Ananta-Vasudeva Temple depicts the images of Varaha, the boar incarnation of Vishnu.
- Bhaskareshwar Temple which is a two-story Shiva Shrine.
- Bindu Sarovar which is believed to be created by Lord Shiva collecting the purest water from different lakes of the world to quench the thirst of his consort, Parvati.
- Dhauli which is a symbol of pure tranquility.
- Other than these tourism attractions in Bhubaneswar you can take a look at our detailed blog Bhubaneswar: A City that Feeds Your Wanderlust.
How to Reach Bhubaneswar in Odisha?
- By Air: Bhubaneswar has its own airport, Biju Patnaik International Airport which is well linked to the major cities of the country via a network of regular flights. Getting down at the airport, avail the local transport facility that would take you to your final destination in Bhubaneswar.
- By Rail: The city enjoys good railway connectivity with the superfast trains connecting Bhubaneswar to Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and other important centres of the country. Travelling to Bhubaneswar by rail is also convenient.
- By Road: You would easily get the regular bus services for Bhubaneswar which are well connected to the cities like Konark, Puri, Hyderabad, Raipur, Ranchi and Kolkata. In case you need any guidance, travel experts are always there to guide you.
Where to Stay in Bhubaneswar?
The luxury hotels include Trident Bhubaneswar, Fortune Park Sishmo, Sandy’s Tower. Those looking to cut down on accommodation can choose to stay at Tranquil Hospitality and Treebo King’s Court.
Also Check Out: Complete Odisha Tourism Guide
13. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan: Golden Land of Havelis and Forts
Whenever I talk about Jaisalmer or imagine about the place, a picturesque view of colorful things appears in front of my eyes. Jaisalmer which is named after Maharaja Jaisal Singh, is one of the historical places in Rajasthan and is a beauty in itself which should be explored by everyone once in a lifetime.
Visiting Jaisalmer in the month of January, you can get a rich experience of the exhilarating adventure activities like the parasailing, paramotoring, quwa biking, fascinating desert safaris & camping, shopping at the local bazaar, boating in the Gadisar Lake, and more. If ‘where to go’ in Rajasthan this new year was your concern, then I hope this has got you covered.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Jaisalmer
- Visit Jaisalmer Fort that houses numerous eateries including, Italian, French, Native Cuisines, Hotels and Museums.
- Godi Sagar Lake is yet another best place to visit for sightseeing tours in Jaisalmer.
- Salim Singh Ki Haveli which has an extended arched roof in the shape of a peacock.
- Tanot Mata Temple which is located remotely and is less explored in Jaisalmer. To help you recall, a glimpse of the temple was shown in the Bollywood movie Border.
- Bada Bagh houses several cenotaphs of the royal families from the 16th to 20th century.
- The list doesn’t end here. Take a look at these 15 Best Tourist Attractions in Jaisalmer.
How to Reach Jaisalmer in Rajasthan?
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jodhpur Airport which is at a distance of 284 km from Jaisalmer. The airport connects Rajasthan with all major cities of India. Getting down at the Jodhpur Airport, you can hire a taxi service that would take you to Jaisalmer.
- By Rail: There is direct railway connectivity by rail between Jaisalmer and Delhi. Other than these, Jaisalmer is connected with other cities of the country through a broad gauge of railway tracks.
- By Road: Travelling to Jaisalmer is convenient too as it serves the rest of India by a well-maintained network of roadways. Buses services including deluxe and ordinary buses of Rajasthan Roadways as well as private bus services connect Jaisalmer with Jodhpur, Jaipur, Bikaner, Mount Abu, Barmer, Ahmedabad etc.
Where to Stay in Jaisalmer?
Suryagarh, Hotel Rang Mahal, Gorbandh Palace, Desert Tulip & Resort, Jaisalmer Marriott Resort & Spa, Moonlight Hotel & Palace, Hotel Jaisalkot, The Gulaal, Sonaar Haveli are some of the best options to stay in Jaisalmer which you can choose according to your budget.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
14. Chennai, Tamil Nadu: Visit the Soul City of South India to Witness the Chennai Music Festival
So here is the destination for the music lovers. Yes, with Chennai proffering so much to the travelers and being one of the best destinations to visit in India, the city is a major industrial, commercial, cultural, economic and educational centre of Southern India.
Travelling to Chennai in January is the best time of the season as well as perfect for the music lovers as the Chennai Music Festival or Madras Music Season is held in January. The month-long festival is described as the world’s largest cultural event with over thousands of performances taking place during the festival. The Chennai Music Festival in 2021 will be organized between mid-December to mid-January.
Popular Top Tourist Attractions in Chennai
- Make a visit to the Marina Beach, Covelong Beach, Elliot’s Beach.
- Sri Parthasarathy Temple which is the oldest in the city.
- Birla Planetarium which is an important part of the Periyar Science and Technology Museum.
- Get reminded by the colonial past of the city by visiting San Thome Church.
- Visit the thousand lights mosque for its architectural magnificence.
- Fort St. George which is a delight for the history buffs and the list goes on. A visit to Chennai would give you lots of things to do and places to explore.
How to Reach Chennai in Tamil Nadu?
- By Air: Chennai International Airport has frequent domestic as well as international flights from different cities of India. The Anna terminal receives international flights whereas the Kamaraj terminal has domestic flights. Getting down at the airport you can avail the taxi/cab service.
- By Rail: The city has two railway stations namely Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore receiving regular trains from various major cities of India. Once you reach the station, you will find local transportation facilities that will take you to the main city.
- By Road: Planning to travel to Chennai by road is easy and fun. So either you can use car rental services or state transport buses to solve the purpose of how to reach Chennai. Various buses operate from other cities of India to Chennai like Bangalore and Calicut.
Where to Stay in Chennai?
For those looking for luxury stay can book the accommodation at ITC Grand Chola, Taj Club House, The Raintree Hotel. The mid-range hotels include Savera Hotel and La Woods Hotel. And if you are like me who doesn’t like to spend much on accommodation then you can stay at Avenue 11 Boutique Residences and Taz Kamar Inn.
Also Read: 48 Hours in Chennai: What to Do and Where to Go?
15. Alleppey, Kerala: Home to Many Canals, Backwaters, Beaches and Lagoons
Being famous for its beautiful palm-shaded backwaters, Alleppey or Alappuzha in Kerala is also known for its pristine beaches, magnificent temples and traditional yet thrilling boat races that is amazing to the eyes and is sure to mesmerize you. Trust me, planning a trip to Alleppey in January would let you experience the best travel experiences in Kerala and will satiate your wanderlust.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Alleppey
- Visit Kuttanad Backwaters and enjoy the swish of winds and trees.
- Mary’s Forane Church which is a world-renowned centre of pilgrimage.
- Visit Krishnapuram Palace if you wish to gain an insight about the culture, lives and times of the people of South India.
- A visit to the Alleppey Beach will bring you to glistening sands, beautiful waves, crystal clear water, enchanting sunrise and sunset.
- Other than these, Maria Beach, Edathua Church, Pandavan Rock, Vembanad Lake, Ambalapuzha Temple are some of the tourist attractions in Alleppey.
How to Reach Alleppey in Kerala?
- By Air: The nearest airport is ‘The Cochin International Airport’ which is at a distance of 82 km from Alleppey. The airport has good airline connectivity to the major cities of the country including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Hyderabad.
- By Rail: The Alleppey Railway Station connects Alleppey to other major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Cochin, Vellore, Coimbatore and Chennai Getting down at the railway station you can avail a taxi service or auto-rickshaw that would take you to the main city.
- By Road: The National Highway 66 passes through the city, connecting it to other major cities like the state run KSRTC buses through NH 66 connects Alleppey to the major cities of the country including Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kollam and Trivandrum. In addition to this, luxury air-conditioned buses operate from Chennai, Mysore, Bangalore and Coimbatore to Alleppey.
Where to Stay in Alleppey?
El Oceano Beach Villa, Xandari Pearl, Lake Palace Resort, Vasundhara Sarovar Premiere, Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Deshadan Backwater Resort, Ramada Worldwide, Raheem Residency, Citrus Retreat are the best options to book your stay in Alleppey.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read/b>
16. Varanasi – Uttar Pradesh: Visit for Divine Grace
Start your new year with God’s divine grace in the holy city of Varanasi. It is the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage destination. It is believed that if you bathe here in the holy waters of Ganga, all your sins will be washed away. One must visit this divine destination during January to seek holy blessings and pray for a good year ahead. The evening aarti of Ganga Ghat would feel like you are attaining Moksha and the spiritual vibe coming from temples will take your soul to an ethereal world.
Top Tourist Attractions in Varanasi
- Assi Ghat
- Manikarnika Ghat
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple
- Tibetan Temple
- Batuk Bhairav Mandir
- Chowk and Vishwanath Gali
- Kedar Ghat
Top Things to Do in Varanasi
- Temple trails of Varanasi is a once in a lifetime experience. Kashi Vishwanath Temple is a must visit temple in Varanasi.
- Revel in the history of Ramnagar Fort, the legacy of Kashi Naresh Raj Balwant Singh Ji.
- True soul of Varanasi can be understood only by visiting the sacred Ghats of Varanasi.
- Take a bath in the holy Ganges. It is one of the best things to do in Varanasi.
- Try boating in Ganga River and you will be mesmerized by the stunning beauty all around and the enchanting sunset.
How to Reach Varanasi?
- By Air – Varanasi Airport is the nearest airport which is well connected to the cities like Delhi and Mumbai.
- By Train- Varanasi Railway Station and Kashi Railway Station are the nearest Railway stations which are well connected cities like Delhi, Mumbai and other important cities.
- By Road– From Varanasi Airport one can easily get a taxi or cab to reach Varanasi. Moreover, NH2 and NH 28 would lead to Varanasi from Lucknow.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
17. Gulmarg – White heaven of Jammu and Kashmir
Wherever you look, Gulmarg will welcome you with its glittering snow all around. It is the ideal winter destination to travel in India in January 2022. Nomatter what if you’re a traveller, you must visit Gulmarg once in a lifetime. Its picturesque setting will take your heart away forever. Your day in Gulmarg will never be monotonous as there are plenty of adventurous activities to do in Gulmarg to make your day such as Cable Car Ride, Skiing, golfing etc.
Top Tourist Attractions in Gulmarg
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve
- Children’s Park
- Ningle Nallah
- Strawberry Valley
- Apharwat Peak
- Maharani Temple
- Strawberry Valley
Top Things to Do in Gulmarg
- Skiing is the best thing to do in Gulmarg
- Gondola Ride is the second highest cable car. Witness stunning views of Gulmarg and blissful Nanga parbat.
- Visit Baba Reshi Shrineto seek holy blessings. The temple is 5oo years old.
- Beautiful views of Alpather Lake and thrilling pony rides will be a delight to your eyes.
- Try Kashmiri delicacies like Wazwan,Kahwa, Gushtaba, Rogan Josh etc.
How to Reach Gulmarg?
- By Air – Srinagar SAirport is the nearest airport which is well connected to other cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore etc.
- By Train– Srinagar Railway Station is the nearest railway station which has good connectivity to all the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai etc.
- By Road- From Srinagar Airport one can easily get a cab or taxi to reach Srinagar. The views from Srinagar to Tangmarg Road are awesome.
Also Check Out: Gulmarg Tour Packages
18. Pachmarhi: Serenity dipped utopia in Madhya Pradesh
Situated at 1100m above the sea level, Pachmarhi is a paradise for nature lovers and backpackers. It is also known as ‘Satpura ki Rani’. It is said that Pandava brothers of Mahabharata lived here in a cave during their exile. Pachmarhi was discovered by Captain James Forsyth in 1857. Serene waterfalls, stunning hill views, cool weather, and ancient Buddhist caves, lush greenery and exotic flora and fauna makes this place a must visit for winter vacation in 2022.
Top Tourist Attractions in Pachmarhi
- Satpura National Park
- Chhota Mahadeo
- Christ Church
- Chauragarh Temple
Top Things to Do in Pachmarhi
- Enjoy Horse Riding, Biking and hiking at Handi Koh.
- Reminisce the ancient past in Pandava Caves.
- Seek holy blessings at Pachmarhi Christ Church
- Waterfall trekking is the best thing to do in Pachmarhi.
- Get lost in the stunning beauty of the highest peak of Satpura at Dhoopgarh.
How to Reach Pachmarhi?
- By Air- Bhopal Airport is the nearest airport that is well connected to the major cities like Delhi, Gwalior, Mumbai etc.
- By Train– Pipariya Railway Stationis the nearest railway station.
- By Road– You can easily get private or public buses from Pachmarhi to Bhopal, Pipariya and Chhindwara.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh
19. Darjeeling, West Bengal: Let’s dig into the serene lush greenery of the hills and tea plantations.
Darjeeling is one of the most popular travel destinations to travel in January 2022. Picturesque tea estates, toy train rides, lofty Kanchenjunga Peaks, beautiful Buddhist monasteries would bring joy to your heart. Romance in the air and surreal beauty makes Darjeeling a perfect place for honeymooners. Toy train ride is the best thing to do in Darjeeling for enjoying the stunning beauty of this hill station.
Top Tourist Attraction in Darjeeling
- Happy Valley Tea Estate
- Doli Monastery
- Batasia Loop
- Darjeeling Zoo
- Tiger Hill
- Kanchenjunga Viewpoints
- Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda
- Rock garden and Ganga Maya Park
Top Things to Do in Darjeeling
- Enjoy the thrill of River Rafting at Teesta River in Darjeeling.
- Trekking to Sandakphu is ideal for Trekkers.
- Toy train ride will give you the best experience of exploring Darjeeling.
- Exotic wildlife is waiting for you at Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park.
- You must see the mesmerizing beauty of Sunset at Tiger Hill.
How to Reach Darjeeling?
- By Air – Bagdogra airport is the nearest airport to reach Darjeeling.
- By Train– New Jalpaiguri is the nearest Railway station to reach Darjeeling and it is connected to all the other major cities.
- By Road– From Bagdogra, a taxi or a cab is easily available to reach this stunning hill station.
Also Check Out: Complete West Bengal Tourism Guide
20. Chikmagalur, Karnataka: nature’s joy and an Artist’s inspiration
For nature lovers and solace seekers, Chikmagalur should be in the top 10 list of travel destinations to visit in winter vacation in 2022. Stunning tea and coffee plantations, majestic Mullayanagiri Ranges, Serene temples, eye appealing waterfalls would be enough to soothe the soul. It is the perfect place to take cool pictures for instagram. Lofty mountains, rugged terrains and lowlands makes Chikmagalur one of the best destinations to travel in January.
Top Tourist Attractions in Chikmagalur
- Baba Budangiri
- Kalhatti Falls
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sharda Temple
- Kudremukh Falls
Top things to do in Chikamagalur
- White water rafting at River Bhadra is the best thing to do in Chikmagalur.
- Witness the stunning beauty of Hebbe Falls
- Wander through deep forests and lush greenery in a jeep to reach Thari Falls.
- Embrace the divinity at Sharadamba Temple
- Trekking to Mullayanagiri and Kudremukh would be a bliss.
How to Reach Chikmagalur?
- By Air- Mangalore Airport is the nearest airport to reach Chikmagalur.
- By Train– Kadur is the nearest railway station to Chikmagalur.
- By Road- Private buses and taxis are available from Mangalore and Bangalore. You will reach Chikmagalur in 4-5 hours.
Also Read: Popular Hill Stations of Karnataka
21. Savour the Delectable Street Food at Delhi’s National Street Food Festival
For the food lovers, here is the good news. The month of January celebrates the National Street Food Festival which showcases various types of street food from all over India. So, if you are somebody who loves street food just like me, then I am sure you are going to love the place. Make sure you don’t miss out attending the fest. Come along with your friends and family and be a part of this grand street food fest.
Where: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi
When: Around December Last Week or January First Week
Also Read: Delhi Darshan Day Sightseeing Tour
22. Forget Everything and Swing in Goa’s GOAT Festival
Yes, you read that right. The GOAT Festival takes place every year in the month of January with its immersive music and art experience. Tourists across the globe come and be a part of the festival that offers an alluring mix of live music, visual arts, dance, local food, theater, and wellness therapies. Getting to the festival you would get amazing and awesome intense positive vibes.
Where: Ashwem Beach, North Goa
When: In January but the tentative date for the year 2022 has not yet been commenced.
Also Read: Popular Festivals in Goa
23. Go Trekking in The Virgin Forests of Mizoram
Travelling to Mizoram in the month of January will provide you an opportunity to trek in the virgin forests of Mizoram where you would love the unspoilt beauty of its scenic charm. For those who have adventurous souls, Mizoram has a variety of options for best trekking places. Out of all the others, Phawngpui or Blue Mountain National Park Trekking and Camping is considered as one of the top trails in Mizoram. So, if trekking is what you have been planning to do in January, then head to Mizoram.
Also Read: Complete Mizoram Tourism Guide
24. Walk Through the Living Root Bridge in Mawlynnong, Meghalaya
Bridges are considered to be human’s finest creations. But what if I say that the natural marvel of Living Root Bridges in Meghalaya will keep your mouths and eyes open as they are mind blowing.
The wonderful bridges have grown over the period of time which are made up of tangled thick roots and today it has become one of the top tourist attractions in Meghalaya. The formation of the root bridges is so strong that they have the strength to hold the weight of 50 or more people at a time. Walking through the living root bridge is an experience in itself which shouldn’t be missed.
Also Check Out: Complete Megalaya Travel Guide
25. Explore A Bizarre Festival in Tamil Nadu
Thaipusam is the festival which is unusual and is celebrated by the Tamil community and is dedicated to Lord Murugan, the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati. The main aim behind the celebration of the festival is that the devotees believe that doing so will help them overcome obstacles and lessen their life burdens. For that matter many of them make long distance walks carrying a kavadi. Also, some of the people even pierce various parts of their body with small metal hooks and skewers. The most significant day of the festival is the seventh day, when the temple deity is taken out in procession for a bath.
Where: Arulmigu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Temple, Palani, Tamil Nadu
When: January 18, 2022
Also Read: Popular Festivals in Tamil Nadu
26. Be A Part of The Kenduli Mela in West Bengal
Are you somebody who is influenced by the rich culture of different states? If yes then I am sure you are going to love and enjoy the Kenduli Mela. To get an unforgettable dose of West Bengal folk music, go ahead and be a part of the fest which is held every year in the month of January. Visiting the place, you’ll get to experience the wandering Baul musicians gathered to perform in saffron robes and playing a distinctive instrument called Ektara.
Where: Kenduli village in West Bengal
When: January 14-16, 2022
Also Read: Folk & Dance Music of West Bengal
27. Witness the Modhera Dance Festival
Yet another popular festival held in January is an amazing festival which is observed by people coming from across India. The festival is organized by the tourism corporation of Gujarat with the motive of organizing the festival is to conserve the traditional dance forms of the country. The ancient 11th century Sun Temple provides an evocative backdrop for the classical dance festival. As the performance takes place in the evening the monument is colorfully illuminated.
Also Read: 10 Venues in Gujarat for Ultimate Dandiya Celebration This Navratri
28. Go Trekking in The Himalayas
This winter, admire the natural beauty by trekking in the Himalayas. Located in the Zanskar range, the Chadar trek consists of some breathtaking trail routes covered with thick layers of snow on the frozen lake. This adventurous activity is best done between January and the end of February. Going there during the winters you would see the entire valley engulfed by a pristine snowy sheet making it one of the most preferred places to visit in January in India.
Also Check Out: Popular Treks to Do in January in India
29. Savour Some Authentic Hyderabadi Cuisine
For foodies here goes one more place to try out some mouthwatering delicacies which you cannot find anywhere else. Yes, Hyderabad being the city of Nizams and most important tourist attraction in South India, has a lot to offer to the foodies. Though you can prefer coming to Hyderabad all throughout the year, the reason why I am talking about visiting Hyderabad in January is because of the favorable condition which lets you enjoy the kebabs and famous Hyderabadi biryanis.
Also Check Out: South India Travel Guide
30. Make the most out of the January by Cruising
Escape to Chilika Lake in Puri this winter season where you can witness the lake being visited by the migratory birds, hence if you are a bird’s watcher, you are surely going to love the place. Chilika is worth visiting any time of the year. However, during the winter months, you can experience a totally different view of the lake. For cruising on Chilka Lake, speed boats are available with OTDC and other private operators.
Also Read: Must Visit Lakes in India
31. Attend the Republic Day Parade in Delhi
If you are in Delhi, then January is the time when you can witness the Republic Day Celebrations which is held in New Delhi on 26th of January every year. The parade features the three divisions of the armed forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) showcasing their strength. The celebration followed by a parade also includes traditional dance troupes and helicopters and other aircraft dramatically flying past.
Also Read: Best Places to Explore in Delhi
32. Enjoy the Beautiful Views of The Himalaya with the Popular Winter Trek in Ladakh
The Snow Leopard Trek is a popular winter trek that is in the Ladakh region. The trek brings forth the travelers with a wild stretch of rugged mountains dotted with animals like Tibetan wolves, blue sheep, horned sheep, Eurasian Brown Bear and the Snow Leopards. The trek grade is tough and can be only made successful if you have an experience of trekking. But if not, a tour guide will always be there to assist you. The best season for Snow Leopard Trek is between mid-November and mid-March.
Also Check Out: Popular Trekking Tours in Ladakh
33. Wildlife Jeep Safari in Corbett National Park
Imagine a place where you could spot the fierce big cats – Royal Bengal Tiger, and other species. The breathtaking array of flowers welcomes you at every step. Well, if you are looking forward to safaris and wildlife in India, then Corbett National Park is where you need to head this January. Being home to 600 species of birds, 500 species of flora and numerous varieties of wild animals, Corbett is the best protected and managed national park in India.
Also Check Out: Corbett Tour Packages
34. Tiger Spotting in Ranthambore
For wildlife enthusiasts looking for a place at the beginning of the year, planning a trip to Ranthambore National Park would be an ideal choice as this wildlife destination in Rajasthan gives you a great opportunity to sight the Royal Bengal Tigers.
The safaris are conducted by Rajasthan Forest Department in gypsies (8-seater) or canters (21-seater). All safaris are conducted by the Rajasthan Forest Department. Tiger spotting in Ranthambore is all about luck followed by patience and persistence as there would be no single special zone in Ranthambore where you go and see the tiger or in other words, we can even say it is a ‘Hide and Seek’ game.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in Ranthambore National Park
>35. Travel to The Home of One-Horned Rhino in Kaziranga
It is the unique, vibrant, well-preserved and sustained ecology that makes Kaziranga National Park a popular tourist destination in Assam. When visiting the place, you would be able to witness the one-horned Rhinos for which the national park is famous with other animals including swamp deer, wild buffaloes, Chinese pangolins, elephants, Bengal foxes, gibbons, civets, and more.
Other than being home to one-horned rhino and the animals mentioned above, the national park is also home to the Indian tiger. So, don’t wait and escape to witness the wild beauty of North East India.
Also Read: Best Places for Wildlife Safari Holidays in India
Okay, with this I would like to wrap up my blog. If you are somebody who loves travelling and were wondering about the best places to celebrate new year then I am sure this blog helped you know about the unexplored places and festivals that could be added in the bucket list. I hope you are done deciding where you want to go this New Year 2022.
In case you need any assistance in planning a tour or get a tailored travel package, you can give us a call at +91-9212777224/25 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We at Tour My India are here to customize your holiday packages just the way you want.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.What are the best places to visit in North India in January?
Jaipur, Bikaner and Jaisalmer (Rajasthan), Auli (Uttarakhand) and Delhi are the best places to visit in North India in January.
Q.What are the best destinations in India to visit for snowfall in January?
Some of the best destination to witness snowfall in January are:
- Chopta Tungnath
Q.What are the best holiday places in East & Northeast India in January?
Some of the best places to visit in East India in January are Bhubaneswar and Puri (Odissa), West Bengal. To explore the best of Northeast India in January, you can plan a trip to Dawki and Mawlynnong (Meghalaya) and Mizoram.
Q.What are the must-see festivals, fairs and events in India in January?
Some of the must-see festivals and events in India in January are:
- The Rann Utsav
- Festa De Diu
- Jaipur Literature Fest
- Bikaner Camel Festival
- Float Festival (Madurai)
- Mamallapuram Dance Festival
- Chennai Music Festival
Q.What are the best honeymoon destinations in India to visit in January?
Some of the best destinations to plan a honeymoon tour in January are:
- The Andaman Islands
- Auli (Uttarakhand)
- Jaisalmer (Rajasthan)
- Alleppey (Kerala)
Q.What are the best places in India to visit in January for a family vacation?
Some of the best places to plan a family vacation in the month of January in India are:
- Nainital, Auli, Ranikhet, Musoorrie (Uttarakhand)
- Bikaner, Jaipur and Jaisalmer (Rajasthan)
- Great Rann of Kutch (Gujarat)
- Sirpur (Chattisgarh)
- Madurai, Chennai and Mamallapuram (Tamil Nadu)
- Bhubaneswar (Odisha)
Q.Which places in India for a wildlife tourism in January?
Some of the best destinations to visit for a wildlife tour in India in January are:
- Corbett National Park (Uttarakhand)
- Ranthambhore National Park (Rajasthan)
- Pench National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
- Kanha National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
- Bandhavgarh National Park (Madhya Pradesh)
- Kaziranga National Park (Assam)