Varanasi has always been the center of culture and tradition. Here knowledge has been imparted for over 3000 years. The river of knowledge, culture, philosophy, yoga and different cultures all coexist in harmony in the holy land of Varanasi.
It has always been the land of inspiration for artists, be it writers like Premchand and Tulsidas or musicians like Ravi Shakar, shehnai maestro Bismillah Khan. Culture and history is deep rooted in the ambiance of Varanasi.
To showcase this cultural and historical richness, PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated Rudraksh, the international cooperation and convention center at his parliamentary constituency of Varanasi on 15th July. It would be the best destination for conferences, businesspersons and social and cultural interactions.
Recommended Tour Packages
Some Interesting facts on Rudraksh Convention Center
- Rudraksh Convention center in Varanasi is located and built on 2.78 hectares of land in the Sigra Area. It is a well-equipped convention center, which comprises a main hall with a full flying tower.
- With a seating capacity of 1200, gallery where murals would showcase Varanasi’s art culture and music, meeting room and parking for over 120 cars, this Rudraksh convention center would be one of the best places to visit in Varanasi in coming years. It would provide a great insight on Varanasi’s history and culture.
- Rudraksh Convention center is absolutely an environment friendly building which is deemed fit for level 3 of green rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA). Not only that it would be equipped with an absolutely secure and safe system with a separate regular, service and VIP entrance. This makes this convention center one of the best places to hold all kinds of international events in India.
- Japanese International Cooperation Agency has assisted in the building of the Convention center. JICA provided the grant of 200 crore under Japanese ODA scheme. Rudraksh Convention center, according to PM Modi is a product of support and friendship of Japan with India.
- The foundation stone of Rudraksh convention Center was laid in 2015 when Japanese PM Shinzo Abe visited India.
- Rudraksh convention center would be a symbol of modernity and cultural glow. It would be a huge global center of music, religion, knowledge, science, social and cultural interaction.
This is a great initiative to develop the tourism sector of Varanasi as it would invite more businesspersons and tourists to the city. Its roof resembles Shiva Lingam and 108 Rudraksh have been installed at the center of the building. LED lights in the building would increase its charm.
PM Modi has also laid the foundation stone of multiple development projects of more than 1500 crore. With the development of this convention center, the beauty of Varanasi will shine more and the grandeur of Varanasi will glow more.
Also Read: Varanasi Luxury Cruise: The Stylish Way to Explore Varanasi!
Major tourist attractions in and around Rudraksh Convention Center, Varanasi
Varanasi is a realm of spirituality and tradition. It is a symphony of life and death. If one shore shows the colors of life through its Ghats, Bazaars and delightful chaos of people all around, then the other shore will take you to the realm of death. It is said that Moksha is achieved only in the land of Varanasi after bathing in the holy river Ganga originally channeled by Lord Shiva on Earth.
There is no dull moment in your life when you visit Varanasi, there are a plethora of places that would give you joy. Moreover, Development of Rudraksh Convention Center would give a boost to tourism in Varanasi. Some of the major tourist attractions to visit in and around Rudraksh Convention center in Varanasi are –
- Assi Ghat – It is one of the most popular tourist attractions to visit in Varanasi. Tourists from all over the world visit Assi Ghat to worship Lord Shiva situated under a Peepal Tree. The Ghat comes alive at evening when chanting of priests, aarti and delightful chaos of tourists and devotees pay their homage to the divine.
- Panchganga Ghat- Varanasi has many Ghats but one must visit Panchganga Ghat in Varanasi. It is a hub of serenity and tranquility. If you are looking for a moment of peace then Panchganga Ghat would surely blow your heart away. It is believed that this place is a meeting point of five sacred rivers like Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Dhutpapa and Kirana.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple- The temple of Kashi Vishwanath is one of the most visited places in Varanasi. The temple is dedicated to lord Shiva. It holds a great spiritual and religious importance for Hindus. This temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. This temple is also known as the golden temple.
- Durga Temple – One of the most interesting facts about this temple is that the idol of goddess Durga appeared on its own, it was not constructed. It is also known as monkey temple due to the presence of monkeys in abundance. Don’t forget to pay your homage to Durga Kund located on the right side of the temple.
- Chinese Temple – The temple is dedicated to Lord Buddha. The temple will overpower your senses with its marvelous architecture. Built in Chinese architectural style. It’s a beautiful meditation hall where you can enjoy some moments of peace, and seek holy blessings of Lord Buddha. It is a must visit place in Varanasi.
- Batuk Bhairav Mandir- This is one of the most popular religious places Varanasi. The temple is dedicated to Batuk Bhairav, an incarnation of Lord Shiva. It is an important place of worship for Tantrics and Aghoris. The lamp inside the temple has healing powers and that makes the temple one of a kind.
- Dasaswamedh Ghat – It is one of the best places to visit in Varanasi. Dasaswamedh Ghat’s sandhya aarti is world famous. You can explore the beauty of this place by boating in holy river Ganges. Thousands of devotees gather here in the evening for sandhya aarti. The chanting of priests, Sadhus, would take you to an ethereal world.
- Dhamek Stupa- It is a place where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon of the eightfold path after achieving enlightenment. If you are a history buff, you should definitely visit the Dhamek stupa. Not only is it a symbol of Buddhism, it is also a legacy of the great King Ashoka.
- Ramnagar Fort – If you are travelling to Varanasi, don’t forget to visit Ramnagar Fort on the eastern bank of River Ganges. It was built by Maharaja of Kashi Maharaja Balwant Singh in the 18th century. The palace was built with red sandstone in Mughal style. The fort houses the temple of the author of Mahabharata – Veda Vyasa and Lord Hanuman. Don’t forget to check out the museum inside the fort as it showcases the items belonging to the royal family.
If you want to dive into the tornado of spirituality and seek solace, then a trip to Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh would make your wish come true. Every corner and every mile of Varanasi has a spiritual vibe that would take all your worries and give you a moment of self – Introspection. One must Visit Varanasi to seek solace and discover their soul’s bliss.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Can we organize our personal functions in Rudraksh Convention Center, Varanasi?
Yes, you can organize your personal functions in Rudraksh Convention Center.
Q.How to book Rudraksh International Convention Center online?
Right now, there are no such facilities available but it will be available soon for the convenience of people.
Q.Is there any ticket or entry fees for entry in Rudraksh Convention Center?
Rudraksh Convention Center is managed by ICWHC, you can do your ticket booking through them. But very soon online booking and other facilities will be available.
Q.Can we cook food for the events in Rudraksh Convention Center?
No, you cannot cook food for events in Rudraksh Convention center as according to the smart city officials’ caterers will be hired and they will provide food and beverage facilities for the guests. It will maintain proper ventilation and keep the environment smoke free.
Q.What kind of Programs can be organized in Rudraksh Convention Center?
Any kind of cultural programs, international conference, wedding functions and business conferences can be organized in Rudraksh Convention Center.
Q.What would be the booking price for booking Rudraksh Convention Center?
The booking price would range between 3 to 4 Lakh as the amount is not fixed yet. The amount may vary according to the hours used in Rudraksh Convention Center. It would be feasible because if you want to use green room and other facilities, no charges would be taken but if you want extra facilities, other than the facilities provided by the convention center then you have to pay extra amount.
Q.How to reach Varanasi?
- By Air - Lal Bahadur Shastri airport is the nearest Airport which is well connected to the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad etc.
- By Road - At the east of Varanasi Junction Railway Station, a bus stand is located. You can easily get buses from Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Faizabad and Bodhgaya etc.
- By Train- There are three main Railway stations in Varanasi - Manduadih Railway Station, Varanasi Junction and Mughal Sarai Railway Station which are well connected to all the major cities. You can get trains easily from Mumbai, Lucknow, Kolkata, Agra and Delhi etc.
Q.What are some popular excursions from Varanasi?
Some of the most popular excursions from Varanasi are –
- Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
Q.What are some of the top things to do and enjoy in Varanasi?
some of the top things to do and enjoy in Varanasi are –
- Aarti Ceremony at the Ghats of Varanasi
- Boating at River Ganga
- Temple visits for divine grace
- Holy bath in Ganges
- Try famous local Cuisines
- Visit Local markets of Varanasi
- Weaver’s Village is world famous
Q.How many days are enough to explore Varanasi?
2 days are enough for sightseeing in Varanasi. However, if you want to really enjoy and truly understand the vibe of Varanasi then at least 5-6 days are essential to explore Varanasi.
Q.Which is the most popular artwork of Varanasi?
Gulabi Minakari and glass beadwork are the most popular artworks of Varanasi. Apart from that, wooden toys are also famous in Varanasi.