Gurudwara Tirgarh Sahib is located in Bhangani, around 22 km away from the famed Paonta Sahib Gurudwara in Himachal Pradesh. The Gurudwara is famed because it is the famous spot from where Guru Gobind Singh shot arrows towards his enemies when he was fighting his first battle against the hill chiefs in 1688.
As per the stories, Raja Bhim Chand of Kahlur asked for some trained elephants from Guruji, who was at that time in Paonta Sahib. Guru Gobind Singh didn't agree to give his animals, resulting Raja Bhim Chand started to annoy him. Raja Bhim Chand along with Raja Fateh Chand of Garhwa (a close friend of Guruji and relative of Raja Bhim Chand) and many other Rajas of the Sivalik Hills decided to fight against Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Gobind Singh on his part came to know of their plan and made preparations for a showdown. He came forward to Bhangani to meet the invaders. Hence, the Battle of Bhangani took place which was later won by Guru Gobind Singh.
On every Vaisakhi, a fair is organized in the gurudwara to celebrate the victorious battle of Bhangani. The Gurudwara is an epitome of bravery and is frequently visited by many devotees who come to pay homage to Paonta Sahib.