Set on the north side of Parade Ground in Fort Kochi, David Hall is a very popular heritage building in Kochi which was built in the year 1695 by the Dutch East India Company. As per the legend, it was used for accommodating military personnel during the Dutch occupation. But, today it has become a little Gallery –Café. One can enjoy a cold coffee and a Pepperoni Pizza, or simply take in the antique ambience. It houses an art gallery that acts as a cultural centre to help young powers of visual and perform art forms. The building gets its name from David Koder, a Jewish businessman who later resided there with his family.
David Hall has typical Dutch architecture that includes the wooden roof made up of flat face rafters. The roof offers a beautiful look of an upturned hill which highlights with the advanced lighting in the Hall.
Other features of the hall are the three-foot wide walls and the four –column windows that adds to its beauty. In the courtyard there are old trees and a well- manicured garden helps in holding back its elegance.
A watch tower in the sanctuary overlooking the splendid view of the sanctuary is a major attraction for tourists. A free nature camp is also conducted here by the Kerala Forest and Wildlife Department to attract visitors from different parts of the world.