Going back from Ladakh tour empty handed is something that is next to impossible. The region boasts of many markets selling various shopping items like Pashmina shawls, jewelry, handicrafts and wool garments. To spruce up the wardrobe, don't forget to pick some handmade silver jewelry, Pashmina wool garments such as sweaters, caps, gloves and socks, Ladakhi dresses, and t-shirts with geometric designs, dragon motifs, and amazing quotes. Handmade woolen socks, gloves, caps and sweaters are some of the other items that one can add to their shopping cart. For the art lovers, there are many items to pick like prayer wheels, Buddhist flags. Buddhist masks, and Thangka paintings to brighten up their space. When it comes to purchasing home decoration items then do buy Handwoven rugs and carpets. Apricots and apples are something that one can take back home as a gift item.
For shopping, there are many markets in Leh but then if looking for something authentic then visit the handicraft emporiums, most of the them are governed by the Government of India.
1. Ladakh Art Palace
2. Tibetan Handicraft Emporium on the Main Bazaar Road
3. Ladakh Environment and Health Organization on the Main Bazaar Road
4. Tibetan Handicraft Community Showroom in Choglamsar
5. Cottage Industries Exposition in Changspa
6. Ecology Centre in Changspa
7. Women's Alliance in Changspa
8. Tibetan Market (off Old Leh Road)
9. Shar Market
10. Moti Market near Leh bus stand
11. Tibetan Handicraft Emporium on the Main Bazaar Road
12. Buddhist Thangka House on the Main Bazaar Road