Planning a Trip to Nainital? Find Out What to See and What to Do at Nainital
“At one stage of life, one only remembers the best moments of life. To gain more of these memorable moments, one should never stop exploring, dreaming and discovering. For enjoying holidays away from the wearisome routine, nothing can be better than experiencing the natural beauty, astounding vistas and the serene environment during a tour to Nainital!”
Nainital is a sparkling jewel in the Himalyan necklace, sanctified with the picturesque natural splendors and diverse natural resources. The hill station of Nainital is located at the foothills of Kumaon in Uttarakhand state that offers a wonderful opportunity to the visitors to enjoy the nature’s splurge to the maximum. People flock to this beautiful town just to take pleasure of the pleasent weather and superb natural beauty. Sprinkled with several pristine lakes, the hill station has earned an epithet of the ‘Lake District’ in India.
What are the must visit spots in Nainital?
Here is the list of the must-visit places in Nainital:
- Naini Lake: Naini Lake is located in the heart of the city and it is due to this lake that Nainital earned its name. This eye-shaped lake is a tourist empyrean and acts as a magnet for all those visiting the hill station.
- Nakuchia Lake: Nakuchia Tal is a lake known for having nine corners. This lake has maintained its serenity till date as it is still untouched by the majority of the tourist population.
- Bhimtal Lake: Located 22 km from the city center, Bhimtal Lake is the biggest among the lakes of Nainital. It boasts of an island within its limits.
- Governor’s House: Governor’s House or Raj Bhavan is a wonderful reminiscent of the British era. Erected in a Victorian Gothic manner, it served as the dwelling for the Governor of northeastern province and afterward the United Province.
- Snow View Point: Located at a height of 2,260 m, Snow View Point is among the coldest regions in Nainital. Here, one can capture spectacular pictures of the snow-covered peaks.
- Naina Peak: Naina peak (2611mt) provides the most breathtaking view of the Nainital. Overlooking the Naini Lake, this peak is situated at a distance of about 6 km from the town.
What are the things to do at Nainital & Nearby Areas?
Here is the list of recreational activities that a tourist can enjoy at Nainital:
- Boating and Yachting: Naini Lake provides the tourist a perfect opportunity to enjoy yachting and boating. One can experience the nature’s splendor while enjoying the boat expedition in the Naini Lake.
- Wildlife Sighting: Situated near Kashipur-Ramnagar highway, the Jim Corbett National Park proffers the visitors an ideal opportunity to travel around the wild creations of the nature.
- Trekking: Being a hilly place, Nainital presents its visitors with a large number of trekking choices, amidst the charming beauty of nature. The popular trails include Nainital Binayak Trek, Nainital Betalghat Trek, Nainital Kilbury Trek, Nainital Kunjkharak Trek, Nainital Kainchi Trek, and Snow View Trek.
- Nature Walks: When in Nainital hill station, one should not miss out the chance of going on a nature walk. As one takes a right turn just before Tiffin Top, he or she will find an outstanding trail along the McDonald’s Circular Road. Other worth exploring trails includes the one from Land’s End to the Stables and the other from Tiffin Top to the Land’s End.
- Horse Riding: A tour to Nainital cannot be completed unless and until one gets a taste of the horse riding. One can also hire a horse or pony for visiting the Tiffin Top, Kilburi, and Snow View Point. Many tourists love to ride a horse to the Naina Peak as well, taking pleasure of the splendid Himalayas, covered with snow, on the way.
How to get and book best affordable hotels?
As Nainital is among the most popular hill stations in the country, it is better to book the rooms in advance if a person is planning to celebrate the holidays in Nainital. One can do the booking online as well. There are numerous tour or travel websites that provide vital information about the hotels in the city. These websites guide you how to plan a trip to Nainital, as well.
How to Reach Nainital?
- By Air: Pantnagar (70 km).
- By Road: A widespread network of roads connects Nainital with major cities like Delhi (310 km), Dehradun (300 km) and Haldwani (40 km).
- By Rail: Kathgodam (35 km) is the nearby railway station of Nainital.
Among the wilderness of the Himalayas in Kumaon, Nainital is a tranquil hill station. If a person is dying to flee from the daily grinds of life, then he or she should take time off to travel this spell-binding hill station!
“For Best Deals on Nainital Package Tours, Nainital Lake Tours, Nainital Honyemoon Packages call our executive @ +91-9212777223/24 or mail us at info (at) tourmyindia (dot) com”