The call of the wild will attract many wildlife lovers to come to Jhalana Safari Park and embrace the wilderness and live among wild creatures. If you are in Jaipur, Jhalana National Park can be one of the best thrilling experiences of your life.
This year Jhalana National Park has seen a rapid growth in the population of mighty Leopards. It is very delightful news for all the wildlife lovers. As a result, tourists’ enthusiasm to listen to the call of the wild will be great and fun filled for an amazing and thrilling memory.
About Jhalana Safari Park
At the heart of Jaipur, there is a beautiful abode of Leopards – Jhalana National Park. It is one of the most prominent Leopard Safari destinations in India. Its rich geographical diversity and picturesque sights makes it the most sought-after destination for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers. A weekend getaway to Jhalana National Park is the best place to seek adventure in Jaipur.
Located in the foothills of Aravalli, decked with picturesque scenes of deserts, plains, rivers, valleys, tropical rainforests, Himalayan foothills, coastal mangroves and the snow-clad scenic charms of upper north side will absolutely delight your mind as these are the pieces of heaven crafted by God with lot of efforts. Its beauty is an inspiration to the artist, its wilderness is a thrill to the adventure lovers and wildlife enthusiasts and its blissful vibe is a solace for nature lovers. There is nothing better than thrilling Jhalana Leopard Safari in Jaipur. It is the best way to explore this enchanted wilderness and be one with the wild and nature.
Quick Info About Jhalna Safari Park Jaipur
|Location ||Jaipur |
|Total Leopards in Jhalana Park ||30 |
|Major Attraction ||Leopard Safari |
|Other Wildlife Attraction in Jhalana National Park ||Snakes, Indian civets, desert cats, and jungle cats, desert foxes, jackals, porcupines, jungle rats, monitor lizards, mongooses, Sambar deer, spotted deer (chital). |
|Bird Species Found in Jhalana National Park ||Indian Pitta, Dusky Eagle, Owl, Spotted Owlet etc |
|Best Time to Visit ||November to May |
Also Check Out: Popular Jaipur Rajasthan Tour Packages
About Jhalana Leopard Safari
If you are in Jhalana National Park, the best way to explore and enjoy the thrill of the wild is to do Jhalana Leopard Safari. Jhalana Leopard Reserve is very popular for its exotic population of Leopards and Panthers and exquisite varieties of flora. Jhalana Leopard Safari is conducted in two slots – Morning and Evening. It is open throughout the year, even in monsoon according to the timings of that season to enjoy the best of Jhalana Tourism.
Timings for Jhalana Leopard Safari
|Jhalana Winter Safari Timing ||Jhalana Summer Safari Timing |
|Morning – 6:45 to 9:30 ||Morning – 5:45 to 8:50 |
|Evening – 3:00 to 5:50 ||Evening- 3:45 to 6:15 |
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Wildlife in Jhalana National Park
Fauna of Jhalana National Park
- Jhalana National Park has more than 35 leopards including 10 cubs. As a result, Leopards can be easily spotted. It is a best place for leopard sightseeing in India.
- Apart from Leopards, you can spot Striped Hyena, Blue Bull (Nilgai) and a variety of snakes, Indian civets, desert cats, and jungle cats, desert foxes, jackals, porcupines, jungle rats, monitor lizards, mongooses, Sambar deer, spotted deer (chital).
Bird Species of Jhalana National Park
Varieties of birds makes Jhalana National Park a heaven for bird watchers. It is one of the top things to do here. There are a lot of birds like Indian Pitta, Dusky Eagle, Owl, Spotted Owlet etc. to blow your heart away. Which will make you realize that the wildlife holiday in the Jhalana National Park is the best holiday you have ever enjoyed.
Flora of Jhalana National Park
- Jhalana National Park is the best place for nature lovers and photographers as numerous picturesque sights will delight your senses.
- Narrow hills of Aravalli and stunning Jhalana rainforests is a hub of tranquility that would enable you to spend some moments of peace.
- Jhalana is a dry deciduous forest, it remains dry during summer and turns into a lush green scenic habitat in monsoon.
- Plants like Juliflora and Khejri, dhak, salar, dhonk and Kumta etc adorn the land of Jhalana National Park.
Other Interesting Blog
Jhalana Leopard Safari online booking
All the bookings for Jhalana Leopard Safari are managed by Forest officials of Jhalana Leopard reserve. Only 10 jeeps of 6 seaters are allowed to enter at Jhalana National Park in one shift. It is very important to book your Leopard Safari online in advance.
Things to consider while online booking
- You have to pay the full fees for Jhalana National Park Safari in advance and it is non- refundable.
- Your ID proof is mandatory.
- You can book your Safari 90 days in advance.
- If you are not Indian, your passport details are mandatory.
- If there is any problem in the park, it might get closed without prior notice to the visitors.
Best time to Visit Jhalana National Park
November to May is the best time to visit this amazing Jhalana Leopard Reserve. During the summer season you can easily see Wild Leopards roaming near the water sources as they get thirsty due to the heat of summer. In winter, the place is decked with migratory birds, bulls, spotted deer and langurs etc. It is the best time for sightseeing.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Top Things to Do in and around Jhalana National Park
Leopard Safari is one of the major centers of attractions in Jhalana National Park. Not only is it the best way to explore wildlife but also a perfect opportunity to click some beautiful pictures of wild cats and other creatures.
Birdwatching is the best thing to do in Jhalana National Park as it is an abode of birds like Peacock, cuckoo, sparrows, crows, parrots, etc.
You can stay at Leopard Safari Farm at Jhalana National Park to explore the beauty of flora and fauna.
Sightseeing of the beautiful city of Jaipur would be a lovely experience to remember forever and enjoy the royalty of Rajasthan Tourism.
Tourist Attractions Near Jhalana National Park
Apart from Wildlife sightseeing, tourism of Jaipur would be a mesmerizing journey to experience the royal legacy of Rajasthan. Some of the most popular destinations around Jhalana National Park are:
- City Palace is a must visit destination to visit in Jaipur. It is a beautiful blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture. It houses well-preserved Rajput weaponry and all the royal legacies of the past which belong to Maharaja Sawai Jaisingh ii.
- The beauty of Pink Sandstone of Hawa Mahal is a must not miss when you are in Jaipur. It also houses a well- laid out museum.
- Embrace peace and bliss in the white beauty – Lakshmi Narayan Temple/ Birla Temple. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions to visit in Jaipur.
- Visit Galtaji, an ancient pilgrimage center in Jaipur. Holy kunds and temples here are ethereal.
- Witness the beautiful palace of Jal Mahal floating in the middle of Man Sagar Lake.
- Markets of Jaipur – Mirza Ismail Road,Nehru Bazaar,Tripolia Bazar and many other markets will take you to the soul of Jaipur. Markets here represent the culture and heritage of Rajasthan.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
If you are in Jaipur or planning a trip in Jaipur, Jhalana Tourism is a must not miss for amazing wildlife holidays. Adventures of Leopard Jeep Safari and nature sightseeing would not only overpower your senses but also seduce your eyes with bliss. If you have any query, you can ask in the comment section. Travelling to Jhalana would be a fun Filled affair. We hope that this blog will help you in planning your wildlife holidays in Jhalana National Park.
Other Important Rajasthan Tourism Links
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.How many Leopards are there in Jhalana National Park?
More than 30 Leopards including 10 cubs are there in Jhalana National Park.
Q.How to book Leopard Safari in Jhalana?
You can book Leopard Safari in Jhalana online in advance. You need to have a valid ID proof to register your slot in advance. Once you book the slot and pay the fees, it cannot be refundable. All the safari bookings are managed by the forest officials and you can book your safari from the official website of the park.
Q.What is the forest area of Jhalana Leopard Reserve?
Jhalana Leopard Reserve is spread in the area of 20sqkm.
Q.What is the best way to reach Jhalana?
- By Air - Jaipur Sanganer Airport is the nearest airport to reach Jhalana National Park.
- By Road- You can easily get a bus from Jaipur Sindhi Camp Bus Stand which is only 11km from the park.
- By Train- Jaipur main Railway Station is the best way to reach Jhalana National Park. it is connected to all the other major cities.
Q.How are the accommodation facilities for tourists in Jhalana?
There is no shortage of comfortable accommodation in Jhalana. Depending on your need and budget you can get any kind of accommodation whether it is a 5-star or budget hotel. Jhalana Park doesn't have any lodges to stay. So, it is important to prefer a nice hotel.
Q.What is the distance of Jhalana from Jaipur and Delhi?
- Jhalana from Jaipur - 10 kms
- Jhalana from Delhi- 263 km
Q.What are the other best destinations to visit near Jhalana?
Some of the best destination to visit near Jhalana are -
- Moti Dungri
- Jal Mahal
- Hawa Mahal
- Amer Fort
- Nahargarh Fort
- Galta Monkey Temple
- City Palace