When thinking of Jaipur, wildlife isn’t the first word that comes to our mind but things are changing. The call of the wild in Jaipur will attract many wildlife lovers to come to Jhalana Safari Park to embrace the wilderness and live among wild creatures. If you are looking for a riveting vacation in Jaipur, then exploring the Jhalana National Park can be one of the most thrilling experiences of your life to encounter.
For the last few years, the Jhalana National Park has seen rapid growth in the population of mighty Leopards. It is certainly very delightful news for all wildlife lovers and nature photographers to come and explore the sightings of the wildlife here. As a result, tourists’ enthusiasm to listen to the call of the wild will be great and fun filled for an amazing and thrilling memory to embrace.
About Jhalana Safari Park
At the heart of Jaipur, there is a beautiful abode of Leopards – Jhalana National Park. It is one of the most prominent Leopard Safari destinations in India. Its rich geographical diversity and picturesque sights make it the most sought-after destination for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers. The park is also a great spot for birders to witness some of the unique and exotic species of birds. A weekend getaway to Jhalana National Park is the best place to seek adventure in Jaipur.
The stunning park of Jaipur is located in the foothills of Aravalli, decked with picturesque scenes of deserts, plains, rivers, valleys, tropical rainforests, Himalayan foothills, coastal mangroves and the snow-clad scenic charms of the upper north side will absolutely delight your mind as these are the pieces of heaven crafted by God with a lot of efforts. Its beauty is an inspiration to the artist, its wilderness is a thrill to adventure lovers and wildlife enthusiasts and its blissful vibe is a solace for nature lovers.
Jhalana Leopard Safari is now an acknowledged non-profit wildlife park featuring an emphasis on education, conservation, and animals in large, open areas. There is nothing better than exploring the thrill and adventure of Jhalana Leopard Safari in Jaipur. It is the best way to explore this enchanted wilderness and be one with the wild and nature.
Quick Info About Jhalna Safari Park Jaipur
|Total Leopards in Jhalana Park
|30 – 35 along with baby cubs
|Other Wildlife Attraction in Jhalana National Park
|Snakes, Indian civets, desert cats, jungle cats, desert foxes, jackals, porcupines, jungle rats, monitor lizards, mongooses, Sambar deer, and spotted deer (chital).
|Bird Species Found in Jhalana National Park
|Indian Pitta, Dusky Eagle, Owl, Spotted Owlet, Serpent Eagle, Sparrow hawk, honey buzzards etc
|Best Time to Visit
|November to May
Also Check Out: Popular Jaipur Rajasthan Tour Packages
About Jhalana Leopard Safari
If you are in Jhalana National Park, the best way to explore and enjoy the thrill of the wild is to do Jhalana Leopard Safari. Jhalana Leopard Reserve is very popular for its exquisite population of Leopards, Panthers, varieties of flora and avian species. The safari rides are guided by trained professionals and naturalists who provide valuable information about the park’s ecosystem.
The park is only a few kilometres away from any hotel in Jaipur making it a tireless journey for nature enthusiasts and wildlife lovers. Jhalana Leopard Safari is conducted in two slots – Morning and Evening. Other than the usual timings, there are different slots to choose from – Half day and Full day. It is open throughout the year, even in monsoon according to the timings of that season to enjoy the best of Jhalana Tourism.
Timings for Jhalana Leopard Safari
|Jhalana Winter Safari Timings
|Jhalana Summer Safari Timings
| 6:45 AM to 9:30 AM
|5:45 AM to 8:50 AM
|3:00 PM to 5:50 PM
|3:45 PM to 6:15 PM
Apart from these usual timings, there are other types of time schedules to choose from:
- Half Day (5:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Full Day (12:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Wildlife in Jhalana National Park
Fauna of Jhalana National Park
- Jhalana National Park has more than 35 leopards including 10 cubs. As a result, Leopards can be easily spotted. It is the best place for leopard sightseeing in India. Leopard is a nocturnal, solidarity, rare sighted and shy species which has great hunting skills but Leopards of Jhalana are diurnal in nature and allow tourists to see them in the daytime.
- Apart from Leopards, you can spot Striped Hyenas, Blue Bull (Nilgai) and a variety of snakes, Indian civets, desert cats, jungle cats, desert foxes, jackals, porcupines, jungle rats, monitor lizards, mongooses, Sambar deer, spotted deer (chital).
Bird Species of Jhalana National Park
Varieties of birds make Jhalana National Park a heaven for bird watchers and therefore birdwatching is one of the top things to do here. There are a lot of unique and rare species of birds like the Indian Pitta, Dusky Eagle, Grey Partridge, Spotted Owlet and many others to blow your heart away. This will make you realise that the wildlife holiday in the Jhalana National Park is the best holiday you have ever enjoyed.
Flora of Jhalana National Park
- Jhalana National Park is the best place for nature lovers and photographers as numerous picturesque sights will delight your senses.
- The narrow hills of Aravalli and stunning Jhalana rainforests are a hub of tranquillity that would enable you to spend some moments of peace.
- Jhalana is a dry deciduous forest, it remains dry during summer and turns into a lush green scenic habitat in monsoon.
- Plants species are more than 220 including Tortilis, Khejri, Goya Kher Juliflora, Khejri, dhak, salar, dhonk, Kumta and several others that adorn the land of Jhalana National Park.
Other Interesting Blog
Jhalana Leopard Safari online booking
The forest department of Rajasthan arranges and looks after all the bookings for Jhalana Leopard Safari of Jhalana Leopard Reserve. The scheduling and safety are completely managed by the Forest officials. The reserve is divided into 3 zones and no restrictions are there. Tourists can explore any area of the zone as per their choice.
Only 10 jeeps of 6 seaters are allowed to enter Jhalana National Park in one shift to avoid overcrowding. It is very important to book your Leopard Safari online in advance.
Things to Consider While Online Booking
- You have to pay the full fees for Jhalana National Park Safari in advance and it is non-refundable.
- Your ID proof and original documents are mandatory.
- You can book your Safari 90 days in advance.
- If you are not Indian, your passport details are mandatory.
- If there is any problem in the park, it might get closed without prior notice to the visitors.
Best Time to Visit Jhalana National Park
November to May is the best time to visit this amazing Jhalana Leopard Reserve. During the summer season, you can easily witness Wild Leopards roaming near the water sources as they get thirsty due to the heat of summer. In winter, the place is decked with rare and unique migratory birds, bulls, spotted deer langurs and many more. It is the best time for sightseeing in the region.
How to Reach Jhalana National Park?
Being located in the heart of the pink city, it is located close to the popular tourist spots and hotels. Reaching the Jhalana Safari Park is fairly easy by any means of transportation which includes roadways, railways and airways.
Airways: Jhalana National Park is only 6-7 kilometres from the Jaipur International Airport and is only around a 15 minute driveaway. Many domestic and international flights connect the pink city to various parts of the country. Get a taxi, cab or bus to reach the Jhalana Safari Park
Railways: The Jaipur Junction Railway is the closest railhead in the region to reach the Jhalana Leopard Reserve which is around 12 km away. Major cities are connected through direct trains. Hire a taxi or cab or hop on a bus to reach the national park.
Roadways: The roads of the region are well constructed and connect with all major cities of the country like Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kota and many others. One can choose to directly reach the park via road without any hassle. You can either use your own vehicle or opt for private or public transport to reach the destination.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Top Things to Do in and around Jhalana National Park
- Leopard Safari is one of the major centres of attractions in Jhalana National Park. Not only is it the best way to explore wildlife but also a perfect opportunity to click some beautiful pictures of wild cats and other creatures.
- Birdwatching is the best thing to do in Jhalana National Park as it is an abode of birds like peacocks, cuckoos, sparrows, crows, parrots, and several others.
- You can stay at Leopard Safari Farm at Jhalana National Park to explore the beauty of flora and fauna.
- Sightseeing the beautiful city of Jaipur would be a lovely experience to remember forever and enjoy the royalty of Rajasthan Tourism.
- Apart from the jungle safari, guests can also enjoy the Interpretation Centre dedicated to the Leopards of the Safari Park.
- Shikar Audhi is a famous hunting palace that stands as a testimony to all the major huntings made around the Jhalana. Now tourists can visit the location during jungle safari, relax and enjoy their snacks while witnessing the beauty of the region.
Tourist Attractions Near Jhalana National Park
Apart from Wildlife sightseeing, tourism of Jaipur would be a mesmerising journey to experience the royal legacy of Rajasthan. Some of the most popular destinations around Jhalana National Park are listed below:
- City Palace is a must visit destination to visit in Jaipur. It is a beautiful blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture. It houses well-preserved Rajput weaponry and all the royal legacies of the past which belong to Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh ii.
- The beauty of the Pink Sandstone of Hawa Mahal is a must not miss when you are in Jaipur. It also houses a well-laid out museum.
- Embrace peace and bliss in the white beauty of the renowned Lakshmi Narayan Temple/ Birla Temple. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions to visit in Jaipur.
- Visit Galtaji, an ancient pilgrimage centre in Jaipur. Holy kunds and temples here are ethereal.
- Witness the beautiful palace of Jal Mahal floating in the middle of Man Sagar Lake.
- Markets of Jaipur include Mirza Ismail Road, Nehru Bazaar, Tripolia Bazar and many other markets that will take you to the soul of Jaipur. Markets here represent the culture and heritage of Rajasthan.
If you are in Jaipur or planning a trip to Jaipur, Jhalana Tourism is a must visit sightseeing option for amazing wildlife holidays. Adventures of Leopard Jeep Safari and nature sightseeing would not only overpower your senses but also bliss your eyes with its beauty and greenery.
Travelling to Jhalana would be a fun filled affair. We hope that this blog will help you in planning your wildlife holidays in Jhalana National Park. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comment section.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Other Important Rajasthan Tourism Links
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.How many Leopards are there in Jhalana National Park?
Around 35 Leopards including 5 cubs are there in Jhalana National Park.
Q.How to book Leopard Safari in Jhalana?
You can book Leopard Safari in Jhalana online in advance. You need to have a valid ID proof to register your slot in advance. Once you book the slot and pay the fees, it cannot be refundable. All the safari bookings are managed by the forest officials and you can book your safari from the official website of the park.
Q.What is the forest area of Jhalana Leopard Reserve?
Jhalana Leopard Reserve is spread in the area of 20sqkm.
Q.What is the best way to reach Jhalana?
- By Air - Jaipur Sanganer Airport is the nearest airport to reach Jhalana National Park.
- By Road- You can easily get a bus from Jaipur Sindhi Camp Bus Stand which is only 11km from the park.
- By Train- Jaipur main Railway Station is the best way to reach Jhalana National Park. it is connected to all the other major cities.
Q.How are the accommodation facilities for tourists in Jhalana?
There is no shortage of comfortable accommodation in Jhalana. Depending on your need and budget you can get any kind of accommodation whether it is a 5-star or budget hotel. Jhalana Park doesn't have any lodges to stay. So, it is important to prefer a nice hotel.
Q.What is the distance of Jhalana from Jaipur and Delhi?
- Jhalana from Jaipur - 10 kms
- Jhalana from Delhi- 263 km
Q.What are the other best destinations to visit near Jhalana?
Some of the best destination to visit near Jhalana are -
- Moti Dungri
- Jal Mahal
- Hawa Mahal
- Amer Fort
- Nahargarh Fort
- Galta Monkey Temple
- City Palace