Discover yourself in the blissful shores of Dev Bhoomi- Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is the land of Natural beauty. Majestic mountains, gurgling Rivers, Undulated meadows and verdant Jungles, this fascinating state of India is undoubtedly a favourite destination for honeymooners, trekkers, wildlife enthusiasts, adventure buffs and casual holiday seekers. In summers this magical landscape turns into a seat of gorgeousness. Weather- Strewn pastures, Striking fruit orchards and abundance of bird life has been luring scores of people from all parts of India for ages.
It is also the time when Himachal state tourism organizes various fairs and festivals to provide all its visitors a deep insight into the state’s diverse cultures and traditions. Himachal Pradesh is one of the most popular travel destinations to visit in summer.
You don’t have to look for an expensive option out of India. While there are an endless number of destinations in this lovely state, it becomes an exhaustive task to shortlist few. Saving you from all the hard work of listing down the prospective summer vacation destinations, Tour My India brings you to the ultimate guide to hill stations of Himachal Pradesh. Hope this blissful list helps you plan out your holidays more effectively and efficiently. So, here you go with the list of Top 20 Hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
List of Best 20 Hill Stations in Himachal Pradesh for Summer Holiday in 2021
Recommended Tour Packages
Shimla- Taste the serene drops of Heaven
Often referred to as ‘the queen of hills’ Shimla comes first in the list of top 10 Hill Stations in India. The quaint hill town known for its enchanting scenic beauty of lofty Himalayan peaks fringed with verdant forests of oaks, pines and deodars, no wonder, why Shimla is one of the most visited tourist destinations in India, especially during summers when plains of Northern India are under the tight grip of scorching heat and soaring temperatures.
This little hill town leaves all its visitors with many wonderful moments of their holidays spent here. Breathtaking views, awesome climate, adventure activities and lots of bazaars makes Shimla one of the most highlighted destinations in the Himachal Tour package.
Some of the best places to visit in Shimla
- Mall Road – It is the local hangout spot for everyone coming to Shimla. Lined up with shops, eateries and restaurants, it is one of the best places for shopping in Shimla while simultaneously revelling in the hilly beauty of the place.
- Chadwick Falls- If you love nature and its tranquillity, a walk up to the mesmerizing Chadwick falls is just for you and is sure to leave you with an incredible experience. Bird watching is the best thing to do in Chadwick Falls.
- Jakhoo Temple – Visiting shimla remains incomplete without visiting the ancient Jakhoo Temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman. Perched atop the highest hill of the city, the temple is a major tourist attraction in Shimla. It lures uncountable tourists and pilgrims every day; as a word of caution, during your visit to the temple, do expect a number of mischievous monkeys who will try to rob you off with your valuables like cameras and spectacles so, make sure to keep such items hidden inside your backpacks.
- Tattapani– River rafting and trekking in Tattapani will elevate your experience to a different level. It is one of the best places to visit in Shimla for adventure seekers.
Recommended Tour Packages
Kufri- Canvas of Bliss
Located 13 km. from Shimla, Kufri is yet another of the popular hill resorts in Himachal Pradesh. Skiing enthusiasts flock here in winters from across the nation.
In past few years, the little hill town has also gained popularity as one of the best summer vacation places in North India attracting countless tourists and holiday seekers who throng here to immerse themselves in the stunning picturesque aura of the place and off-course to take in it’s cool & pleasant mountain breeze that provides them with a huge respite from the sweltering heat of the plains.
Needless to say, at a nature’s heaven like Kufri, while the best way to enjoy a holiday is to just relax in your hotel balconies, revelling in the pristine scenic beauty of the place, for those who hate being restricted to their hotels, there are many attractions too that can keep them occupied.
Some of the best places to visit in Kufri
- Himalayan Wildlife Zoo- It is the major attraction of this tiny hill town. It is a home to a number of Himalayan wildlife and bird species including bears, snow leopards, musk deer, antelope, Himalayan monals, Pheasants and snow cocks, the zoo is surely a delight for wildlife enthusiasts, bird watchers and nature photographers.
- Kufri Fun World- Opened in the past couple of years, the park is truly a fun retreat for entire families offering them a plethora of entertainment and adventure activities ranging from a number of joyrides and virtual reality games to strenuous sports of rock climbing, flying fox and go karting. It is one of the most popular destinations to visit in Kufri.
- Mahasu Peak – It is one of the most popular destinations to visit in Kufri. Horse Riding at Mahasu peak is one of the top things to do in Kufri to make your holidays in Himachal Pradesh blissful.
- Kufri-Chail Road- Kufri Chail Road is a bliss for snow trailing. Kufri Chail Road is equipped with snow trail camps for the tourists to enjoy the mesmerizing views of snow. This makes Kufri one of the best camping sites in Himachal Pradesh.
For those who prefer real-time adventures, needless to say, Kufri abounds in a number of scenic hiking trails; one can easily put on his trekking gears and venture on an enthralling journey to uncover a trail that still lies hidden somewhere under the canopy of thick trees and forests. Holidays in Himachal Pradesh without embracing the bliss of Kufri is an incomplete experience.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in North India for Summer Vacation
Chail – Thing of beauty Joy forever!
Another one of the must visit places in Himachal Pradesh during summer vacations is the beautiful hill station of Chail, founded by the Maharaja of Patiala Bhupinder Singh in 1893 as his summer capital. Chail has already become a hotspot for Himachal Pradesh Tourism.
Nestled amidst the majestic Shivalik peaks, surrounded with thick forests of soaring pines & deodars and blessed with a salubrious weather throughout the year, needless to say, this tiny hamlet makes for an ideal retreat for nature lovers seeking some quiet time away from the hustle bustle of today’s chaotic city lives.
Apart from holiday seekers, the little hill town is a hub for numerous trekkers who throng here from far and wide to satiate their cravings for some exhilarating trekking adventures; Shimla and Choor Peak are two of the famous destinations that trekkers venture on from Chail. This makes Chail one of the best destinations to visit in summer in Himachal.
Some of the best places to visit in Chail
- Chail Wildlife Sanctuary – It is a preferred spot for countless wildlife enthusiasts and bird watchers too; Himalayan black deer, common langur, crested porcupine, Indian muntjac, goral, wild boar, khaleej pheasant and red jungle fowl are the common residents of the sanctuary that offer an incredible time to all the wildlife fanatics. It is one of the most visited places in Chail.
- Siddh Baba Ka Mandir- It is a holy place dedicated to Saint Siddh Baba. Locals believe that this mandir is the source and protector of Chail’s prosperity.
- Chail Palace- It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Chail. Chail Palace symbolizes the grandeur of royal lifestyle in the bygone era. The palace got converted to a heritage hotel. There are many cottages in Chail for a comfortable stay. If you want to make your holidays in Himachal Pradesh blissful,you must visit Chail Palace.
- Kali ka Tibba- An ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Kali, is one of the most visited destinations in Chail. It is frequented by both, tourists and locals alike; breath-taking views of the Shivalik Range from the temple premises are truly a sight to behold and are sure to leave you captivated with the aura so serene and mystical.
- Cricket Stadium – When you are in Chail, do not forget to visit its famous’ Cricket Stadium’ that also enjoys the status of being the highest cricket ground in the world.
Check out: Popular Tourist Attractions in Chail Himachal
Kasauli – AbFab Views!
Kasauli is one of the most highlighted tourist destinations in Himachal Pradesh Tour Package. The picturesque hill hamlet enveloped by misty clouds, dense deodar forests and soaring pine & chestnut trees, is frequently visited by tourists owing to its aura of tranquillity and exquisiteness.
When you seek a soul-soothing break from the clichéd hill station theme, turn your spotlight towards Kasauli because it is one of the best Hill Stations to visit in Himachal Pradesh in Summer.
The idyllic town, besides its unparalleled scenic charm also boasts of its beautiful British colonial architecture; the cobbled roads, old-fashioned bungalows and gothic-style churches with gorgeous stained-glass windows just provide you with an enchanting scenery, directly out from some countryside village in Europe.
Some of the best places to visit in Kasauli
- Mall Road – The ‘Mall Road’ in Kasauli is its quintessential lifeline always packed with tourists bargaining for woollens, gorging on piping hot momos and maggi or just having a leisurely stroll taking in the fresh mountain air with a little touch of chill, even in peak summers. This makes sightseeing in Kasauli interesting and blissful.
- Monkey Point – The highest point in Kasauli from where the illuminated views of the Chandigarh city below, are truly magical and definitely a sight to behold. It is one of the most visited places in Kasauli.
- Timber Trail Resort – If you want to view the entire scenic town of Kasauli then Timber trail Resort is a must visit. It is one of the best things to do in Himachal. It is a perfect haunt for photographers to click amazing pictures of the town and the meandering Kaushalya River. Cable car ride is one of the most beautiful things in Kasauli to make your holidays in Himachal blissful.
- Gurkha Fort – It is one of the must visit places in Kasauli. 108 year old cannon used during Gurkha war is the major attraction here. Gurkha Fort looks mesmerizing with a forest of pine, eucalyptus and scrubs in the background.
Kasauli is a walker’s paradise; with many of its winding trails running amidst picture-perfect environs, offering glimpses of numerous colourful birds like magpies, babblers and prinias. This also makes Kasauli a perfect romantic getaway in Himachal Pradesh.
For those who wish to do something unique during their holidays in Kasauli, can definitely hop on to the mesmerizing ‘toy train’ that runs between Kasauli – Dharamkot; as the train snakes its way through a number of hill tunnels, gorgeous forests and tiny hill-side villages, experience a journey that leaves you with many wonderful memories to be cherished throughout your lives.
2 Nights 3 Days Chail Weekend Tour Package
Kullu – Divine seat of Gads
The list of famous hill stations in Himachal remains incomplete without the mention of the beautiful valley of Kullu. Also known as the ‘Valley of Gods’, this alluring hill destination is tucked away between soaring snow-capped peaks of Himalayas and is blessed with a splendidly gorgeous scenic beauty of numerous enchanting waterfalls, striking fruit orchards, flower-carpeted meadows and gurgling rivers. This place is one of the most popular Hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
It is one of the best summer destinations in Himachal Pradesh. Honeymooners throng here to spend some private time amidst serene and tranquil settings lent by Mother Nature herself. Visiting Himachal without feeling the magical vibes of Kullu would be an incomplete experience.
Hiding in its store a myriad of enticing trekking trails, no doubt, Kullu is also a much-loved hot spot for adventure seekers who venture on some of the most famous and exhilarating treks of the region; the ethereal beauty and a lifetime opportunity to have an encounter with the rare Himalayan wildlife on these treks is something that leaves even the most expert of the trekkers with an experience unparalleled. This makes Kullu the most visited destinations in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places to visit in Kullu
- Raghunath Temple – One can easily combine the holiday trip to Kullu with a pilgrimage tour exploring its famous religious spots and sacred shrines, one of them is the divine Raghunath Temple. This temple is one of the oldest temples in Kullu Valley.
- Bijli Mahadev Temple – It is one of the most popular points of tourist interests in Kullu Valley. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Shiv lingam in this temple is said to be broken by lightning. Later the temple priest joined the pieces of lingam using butter.
- Manikaran- It is one of the most important pilgrimage destinations for Sikhs and Hindus. It is believed that Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati stayed here for 1100 years and Sikh guru, Gurunanak Ji performed many miracles in this sacred site. Hot springs and the divine religious sights are the main points of interest in Manikaran.
- Bhrigu Lake- It is a perfect destination for a short weekend trek in Kullu. Blue waters amidst white snow look sublime with majestic mountains in the background. It is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Kullu Valley. Majestic peaks like Deo Tibba and Seven sisters are a blissful sight to behold from here.
- Great Himalayan National Park – It is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It houses 375 species of fauna,31 species of mammals, 181 species of birds. This makes Great Himalayan National Park one of the best places to visit in Kullu for wildlife and nature sightseeing. This place is one of the most highlighted destinations in the Kullu Tour Package.
Recommended Tour Packages
Manali – Sooth your eyes to the scenic beauty
One of the most popular hill stations not only in Himachal but, in entire Northern India, Manali undoubtedly makes for a perfect holiday destination in summers. It is the heart of Himachal Pradesh Tourism.
Blessed with gorgeous panoramas of the snow-clad Himalayas, a breath-taking beauty of gurgling Beas River, stunning vistas of beautiful fruit orchards, soul-soothing spiritualistic vibes from numerous temples & shrines and to top it all, a pleasant air filled with fresh aroma of burning pines; whether you are a nature lover, an ardent adventure seeker or a laid back holiday-maker, Manali will make sure to leave you with some of the best holiday experiences of your lifetime.
Not to forget! Manali is considered as one of the best hill stations for honeymoon too and offers all the newly-wed couples with each single ingredient they look for in a perfect honeymoon destination – serene & cosy ambience, rich scenic splendour and to top it all, a quiet seclusion from the outside world. This makes Manali the perfect romantic getaway to feel the bliss of togetherness. It is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places to visit in Manali
- Hadimba Temple – The beautiful architecture of the temple cuddled among towering deodar trees offers a marvellous spectacle to all the visitors and needless to say, a walk up till here, traversing through thick woods soaked in deep tranquillity of sweet music of birds will be an experience to cherish for your lives. It is one of the most visited destinations in Manali.
- Vashistha Ashram – It is popular for its hot water spring. Located in the premises, the divine temple of sage Vashisht, who showers his divine blessings on tourists. A dip in its invigorating waters is sure to leave you with great peace of mind and relaxation.
- Solang Valley -For those who love some casual adventure, there is no dearth of activities for them in Manali; take a drive up to the enchanting ‘Solang Valley ‘and indulge yourselves in some unforgettable fun of paragliding, zorbing and horse-riding. It is one of the popular points of tourist attraction in Manali.
- Rohtang Pass– You cannot return from Manali without visiting the famous ‘Rohtang Pass ‘. Offering excellent views of distant Himalayan peaks and glaciers, this is a great place to gorge on some ‘bhuna bhutta’ or a piping hot maggi while taking in the gorgeous vistas of nature. It is one of the popular points of tourist attraction in Manali.
- Manali Sanctuary – Manali Sanctuary is cradled with rich flora and fauna of the mountains. Camping, Hiking and Trekking are some of the best things to do in Manali Sanctuary.
Recommended Tour Packages
Dharamshala – Mcleodganj – Weekend Bliss
Soaring snow-clad peaks, a soul-soothing ambience, entrancing scenic beauty and solemn sounds of Buddhist chants and ringing bells echoing in the air – Dharamshala and McLeodganj are two charming little hamlets nestled on the foothills of Dhauladhar ranges, luring scores of travellers from all across the globe. It is one of the most highlighted destinations in Himachal Pradesh Tour Package.
Undoubtedly, one of best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh in the month of June-July., these twin towns offer a number of activities and tourist attractions to keep you busy during your trip here. The blissful weather of this scenic Hill town gives respite from the hot weather of other cities. It is one of the most visited destinations for solace seekers to feel the serene vibes of nature.
Some of the best places to visit Dharamshala- Mcleodganj
- Bhagsu Falls – The pristine ‘Bhagsu Falls’ is the prime attraction of the place for all the nature lovers. Set amidst dramatic scenery and offering a breath-taking sight, these falls are sure to leave you with an enchanting experience. It is one of the most visited places in Dharamshala. The ‘Bhagsunath Temple’ located just next to the falls also makes for a spot worth visiting.
- Namgyal Monastery- There is a strong influence of Buddhist culture in Dharamshala and McLeodganj so, finding monasteries and scores of monks walking across the streets in their flaming red robes, is a sight quite common. The ‘Namgyal Monastery’ is most famous of all in the region and provides you with a spiritual experience unparalleled. Needless to say, the mystic aura of the monastery with reverberations of rolling prayer wheels, sounds of ringing bells and Buddhist chants of ‘Om padme hum’, is sure to fill your hearts with profound peace and solace. This is one of the most popular points of tourist attraction in Dharamshala- Mcleodganj.
- Kareri Lake Trek and Minkiani Pass Trek -With its scenic mountainous terrain, Dharamshala – McLeodganj also makes for a favourable haunt for trekkers. Many treks of different grades ranging from easy to moderate to difficult can be ventured on from here; ‘Triund Trek’, ‘Kareri Lake Trek’ and ‘Minkiani Pass Trek’ are some of the most popular points of interest in Dharamshala- Mcleodganj.
- Rock Cut Masrur Temple- For those who have some interest in archaeology, Dharamshala will not leave them disappointed; the ‘Rock –cut Masrur Temple’ in close vicinity of the hill town, is famed for its exquisite monolithic structures that resemble the one at Mahabalipuram and Ellora. A great site for historians and archaeology buffs, it definitely must be the part of Dharamshala- Mcleodganj sightseeing Tour.
Recommended Tour Packages
Palampur – Seduce your senses to the aromas of beauty
The quaint town of Palampur, blessed with exquisite mountain scenery dotted with cascading waterfalls, terraced tea gardens and crystal clear brooks & streams, instantly fills your hearts with joy and happiness. It is one of the best Hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Every moment spent in this nature’s paradise seems like a heavenly bliss offering complete peace of mind and rejuvenation from today’s hectic work schedules.
Visiting Palampur will make your holidays in Himachal Pradesh blissful and memorable. Long nature walks through lush tea plantations and thick woods of pines; the mystical aura of this little place filled with melodious music of the birds, sounds of gushing streams and aroma of burning pines, will definitely leave you with many reasons to plan your trip here once again very soon.
If you are a little adventurous at heart, a paragliding experience at ‘Bir-Billing’, the ‘Paragliding Capital of India’, located just a small distance from Palampur, is something that will be etched in your memories for the lifetime. It is one of the best things to do in Palampur. And in case you are one of those who have some liking for trekking, Palampur has in its store, quite a number of beautiful trekking trails.
Some of the best places to visit in Palampur
- Kangra Fort – It is the oldest fort in Himalayas and in India, built around 3500 years ago by Susharma Chandra of Katoch dynasty. It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Himachal Pradesh.
- Dhauladhar National Park – Dhauladhar National Parkis the blissful heaven of rich flora and fauna. It is a home to the native Himalayan wildlife like red fox, sambar deer, Asiatic lion and angora rabbits.
- Chamunda Devi Temple – You just cannot leave Palampur without seeking the blessings of Goddess Chamundeshwari at the renowned ‘Chamunda Devi Temple’, one of the 51 Shakti Peethas across the world. The temple depicts stories from Mahabharata and Ramayana.
- Baijnath Temple – It is one of the most beautiful temples of Himachal Pradesh. One of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva Baijnath Temple is yet another of the must-visit religious sites that warrants a visit during your trip to this tiny hill hamlet. It is believed that Ravana worshipped Lord shiva in this blissful sight to achieve immortality. It is one of the most popular points of tourist interest in Palampur.
- The tea gardens- It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Palampur. Emerald green plantations, aroma of tea fields,cool breeze will definitely teleport you into a world of bliss.
Also check out: Popular Tourism Lakes in Himachal
Mashobra – Summer Paradise
Sitting at an altitude of 2500 metres, Mashobra is another popular travel destination in Himachal that boasts of gorgeous natural scenery comprising thick forests, beautiful fruit orchards, splendid Himalayan views and a blissful climate all through the year.
The hill station also has to its claim, the fame for being the summer retreat for the President of India. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best places to visit in Himachal in the month of March-April-May.
The little town of Mashobra offers an array of interesting outdoor activities for its tourists, which include but are not limited to boating, horse-riding, paragliding, trekking, camping and wildlife spotting. This makes Mashobra one of the best hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places to visit in Mashobra
- Mahasu Devta Temple – This divine temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. If you are in the town during May, the ‘Mahasu Fair’ is a must attend event; held at the 9th century old ‘Mahasu Devta Temple’ situated on the Mahasu Peak, the festival provides a unique spectacle of cultural events including traditional folk dances, archery competitions and animal sacrifices.
- Carignano – Do not forget to visit ‘Carignano‘, an old villa perched at 7700 ft. and built by an Italian photographer named Chevalier Federico Pelite. A one of its kind architectural marvel constructed of wood and flanked by numerous water streams and woods of tall pines, oaks and cedars, the villa with its picture-postcard beauty is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mashobra.
- Reserve Forest Sanctuary- Reserve Forest Sanctuary is a heaven sent blessing for Birdwatchers. It houses one of Asia’s largest watersheds, which is a very important source for shimla’s water. Chirping of birds, cool weather will make your day. Trekking and hiking are some of the best things to do in Reserve Forest Sanctuary.
- Tattapani River – Rafting in Tattapani River is one of the best things to do in Mashobra. It also houses hot water springs which are said to have medicinal properties and healing powers. It is one of the best places to visit in Mashobra.
Also Check out: Popular Tourism Attractions in Mashobra
Chamba- Sublime and mystic
The picturesque valley township of Chamba, cradling in the lap of sub-Himalayan ranges makes for an ideal retreat for those seeking a quiet holiday combined with some unparalleled spiritual experience.
Yes! The little hill town is home to a number of sacred shrines and temples dating back to as early as 4th century AD and needless to say, a tour of these holy shrines is sure to leave you with an unmatched sensation of divinity and mysticism. It is one of the most highlighted destinations in the Himachal Pradesh Tour package.
Some of the best places to visit in Chamba
- Laxmi Narayan Temple – The biggest temple complex in Chamba housing six shrines dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Shiva; its exquisite architecture embellished with wooden chhatris, metallic sculptures and gilded pinnacles, will instantly take your breaths away. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chamba.
- Champavati Temple- It is yet another beautiful temple in the town that makes for one of the must-see places when you are in Chamba. The sacred shrine is dedicated to daughter of the erstwhile king of Chamba, Raja Sahil Verman and besides its religious significance what sets this temple apart is its unique architectural and design style resembling a cylindrical shape adorned with ornate stone carvings – undoubtedly, an architectural masterpiece providing a marvellous spectacle to all the onlookers.
- Khajjiar Lake – It is one of the most visited places in Chamba. Khajjiar Lake is decked with enchanting cedar forests which blow your heart away. It is located near Khajji Nag Temple. It is one of the best places in chamba to indulge in adventure activities like Paragliding and horse riding.
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary- Trekking is one of the best things to do in Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary in Chamba. It is one of the best places for wildlife enthusiasts in Chamba. Sights and sounds of indigenous bird species like Eurasian Jay, Pheasants etc will sooth your mind and soul.
Don’t forget to try your hands at adventure activities like river rafting and river-crossing. For trekking enthusiasts in Chamba, an enthralling trek to ‘Manimahesh Peak’’ is sure to provide them with their much needed dose of adrenaline.
There is something unique for shopaholics too in Chamba! The ‘Pahari Paintings’ here are recognized world-wide and would prove to be an awesome addition to your home décor. This makes Chamba one of the most popular hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Also Check out: Top Tourist Attractions in Chamba Himachal
Nahan – Magical tiny Hamlet
The impressive and alluring hamlet of Nahan, nestled amidst the snow-shrouded Shivalik Range of Himalayas, is one of the offbeat destinations of Himachal.
Away from the hustle bustle of the crowded cities, this little hamlet is endowed with a stupendous natural scenery, a perfect climate and to top it all, it is one of the perfect romantic getaways for couples.
A dreamy and romantic ambience lends it with an unrivalled appeal of an ideal honeymoon destination. Taking a little glimpse at this hill town’s history, it was founded by Raja Karan Prakash in 1621 as his summer capital.
Under his reign, Nahan was bestowed with a number of temples and a man-made lake that today proudly contribute to the list of major tourist attractions in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places in Nahan
- Rani Tal – A great draw for visitors, the lake is sure to leave you enchanted with its tranquil charm dotted with lush lawns and an old Shiva temple; spend a wonderful day here, picnicking and boating or just taking in the gorgeous scenery. It is one of the most visited places in Nahan.
- Renuka Lake – It is Considered to be the largest lake in Himachal, it is yet another scenic retreat for people looking for utmost peace and serenity. The lake is well-known for its ancient temple dedicated to Goddess Renuka, which is again, visited in great numbers by tourists and locals alike. This makes the sightseeing in Nahan more interesting and blissful.
- Paonta Sahib Gurudwara – Paonta Sahib Gurudwara is a renowned sikh temple just 40 km from Nahan. It epitomises peace and makes for a captivating spiritual retreat for all the distressed souls. It is one of the most visited destinations in Nahan.
- Churdhar Peak- For those seeking some dose of adventure in Nahan, the town makes as a good base for treks in the upper reaches of Himachal; trek to ‘Churdhar Peak’ is the most famous around the region and is ventured on by a number of trekking enthusiasts. It is one of the best places to visit in Nahan.
That’s not all! Nahan has a lot more hidden in its store for tourists, come here in person and take back with you some great memories for the lifetime. Nahan is one of the best Hill stations in Himachal to visit in Summer.
Also Read: Popular Gurdwaras in Himachal Pradesh
Kaza – Mind- boggling canvas of Delight
The capital and administrative headquarters of the Spiti valley in Himachal Pradesh, Kaza boasts of jagged mountain peaks decorated with snow embellished crowns and crystal-clear rivers & streams.
The barren splendor of this bucolic hill town, interspersed with small patches of green, is something that provides you with a completely contrasting picture of a hill station, which otherwise normally are drenched in lush foliage. It is one of the most highlighted destinations in the Himachal Pradesh tour package.
Some of the best things to do in Kaza
- Trekking to the extremely challenging mountainous terrain of the region.Pin-Parvati’, ‘Parang-La’, ‘Kunzum Pass‘, ‘Chandratal’ and ‘Pin-Bhaba’ are some of the popular trails which commence from Kaza.
- Adrenaline pumping adventure of river rafting over the roaring waters of the ‘Spiti River would be a wonderful experience.
- If adventure activities in Kaza are too much to handle for your types, you can just opt for relaxing nature walks around pristine villages of ‘Kibber’, ‘Komic’, ‘Demul’ and ‘Dhankar’. These are some of the most visited places around Kaza.
- ‘Tabo Monastery’ is by far the greatest draw for numerous art-lovers, historians and cultural anthropologists studying the Trans-Himalayan cultures and traditions. It is one of the most visited places in Kaza.
- If you are in Kaza during June-July timeframe, lock your dates for the ‘Ladarcha Fair’, a colourful extravaganza of Tibetan culture with great dances and scrumptious food to treat your taste buds.
- Another amazing place of Kaza attracting countless tourists is the ‘Ki Gompa’. Established in the 11th century, this is the largest monastery in Spiti Valley and is known to captivate people with its majestic grandeur. It is one of the must visit places in Kaza.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Shoja- Enjoy the secluded beauty
The unspoilt nature retreat of Shoja located midway between Shimla and Kullu, is truly an offbeat destination in Himachal.
Blessed with nature’s bounty of flower-strewn meadows, thick woods, cool weather, gurgling rivers and burbling streams, the offbeat hamlet makes for one of the best Summer holiday destinations in the Himalayan region.
The ‘Jalori Pass’ located just 5 km. from Shoja city centre is the prime attraction of the town and offers some great views of the distant snow-capped Dhauladhar ranges; don’t be surprised to see patches of ice covering the meadows near the pass even in the months of March-April.
Some of the best things to do in Shoja
- If you wish to indulge in a nice camping experience in Shoja, trek some 6 km. ahead of Jalori Pass until you reach the gorgeous ‘Serolsar Lake’. This is one of the best things to do in Shoja.
- An old temple dedicated to the guardian deity of the region is also a must visit when you are on the Serolsar lake side.
- Raghupur Fort’ is a must visit place in Shoja, built by Mandi rulers centuries ago, the fort provides you with mesmerizing views of the Great Himalayas stretching as far as your eyes can see.
- For nature lovers, the ‘Waterfall Point’ with its breathtakingly beautiful spectacle, is also a must visit place in Shoja to sit back, relax and immerse your souls in sweet chattering of birds that abound the area; as you spend some time at the falls, do keep an eye for Indian blue robins, white-throated tits, golden orioles, slaty blue flycatchers, rock thrush and hill pigeons which often make occasional appearances out from their hidden nests.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Hamirpur – Offbeat gem of Himachal
One of the lesser-known hamlets of Himachal, Hamirpur lies hidden amidst the beautiful Kangra valley and makes for one of the best weekend getaways from the states of Delhi and Punjab.
This quaint and quiet little town with its natural charm and cultural spectacle can captivate anyone and everyone. It is one of the must visit destinations in Himachal Pradesh.
The hilly ranges of the Hamirpur offer great scope for trekking and for those who wish to indulge in some adventure activity other than hiking, can go for rock-climbing, paragliding, hand gliding, angling and river rafting – the options are literally endless. This makes Hamirpur one of the best Hill Stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places to visit in Hamirpur
- Deotsidh Temple – This divine temple is dedicated to Baba Balak Nath, an incarnation of Lord Shiva, the temple holds a great religious significance and is visited by thousands of devotees from far and wide. It is the most visited place in Hamirpur.
- Sri Naina Devi – Yet another of the great religious sites in the vicinity of Hamirpur is the famous temple of ‘Sri Naina Devi’. One of the 51 Shakti Peethas of Goddess Sati, the temple besides its blissful aura, is much famous for providing invigorating sights of the flanking Himalayan peaks and the serene Govind Sagar Lake. It is a must visit place in Hamirpur.
- Nadaun – This tiny hill town also has something to offer to art lovers; the nearby town of ‘Nadaun’ is a treasure trove of some of the classiest Kangra paintings you will ever get to see, these paintings are housed inside the palace building at Amtar. The ‘Jwalaji Temple’ is also not far from the palace complex and can be easily covered on a day trip.
Also Read: Wildlife Tourism in Himachal Pradesh
Parwanoo – Feel the bliss of togetherness here
Gorgeous fruit orchards, bountiful scenic beauty and a serene ambience just to relax and unwind yourselves from the stress of daily life, Parwanoo is one of the best hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Located in close proximity to Chandigarh, the sight of newly-wed couples and chooda-clad girls who often come here over weekends is quite common. This also makes Parwanoo one of the best honeymoon destinations.
Some of the best places to visit in Parwanoo
- Timber Trail Resort- Viewing the scenic beauty sitting in the cabin of the cable car run by the ‘Timber Trail Resort. It is one of the best things to do in Parwanoo.
- Cactus Garden – For those with some interest in Botany and floristics, a visit to the ‘Cactus Garden’ housing more than 3500 species of cacti and succulents, makes for a delightful experience.
- Kali Mata Temple – It is one of the most popular places to visit in Parwanoo. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali. It is believed that this divine temple of Goddess Kali was built by Pandavas during their exile.
- Pinjore Gardens- This historical garden dates back to the 17th century. The garden has many picnic spots to spend time with friends and family, a blissful Japanese garden and a mini zoo. It is one of the best places to visit in Parwanoo.
Parwanoo has something to offer to foodies too; if you love trying the local delicacies of the region, head to Dhalli; half an hour drive from Parwanoo, the place is renowned for its delicious meat pickles.
Parwanoo also counts amongst the best places to take back home some fresh fruit items; so, do pack your bags with lip-smacking jams, fruit juices, marmalades and jellies during your return trip. This makes Parwanoo one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Also Check Out: Top Tourist Attractions in Parwanoo
Dalhousie – Revel in the colonial charms
Yet another of the most visited hill stations in Himachal that has lured holiday-seekers, nature lovers, wildlife enthusiasts and adventure buffs since ages, Dalhousie needs no special introduction.
Spread over a group of five hills, the picturesque town, endowed with an enchanting scenic beauty, rustic colonial flavours and a tranquil charm.
It provides for a welcome break to all the city dwellers travelling here in search of peace and rejuvenation. This makes Dalhousie one of the best hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places to visit in Dalhousie
- Panch- Pulla – A treasure trove of cascading waterfalls, burbling streams and mesmerizing vistas of surrounding hills and forests, this place is a paradise for nature lovers and is sure to provide them with a magnificent spectacle of nature’s craftsmanship that will be etched in their memories forever.
- Satdhara Falls- Gorgeous water springs of Satdhara Falls, known to be full of therapeutic properties, a dip in its refreshing waters will rejuvenate all your senses. It is one of the most visited places in Dalhousie.
- Chamera Lake – Blessed with stupendous scenic beauty and deep tranquillity, the place is sure to entice you with its magical and dreamy charm. It is one of the most visited places in Dalhousie.
- Chamunda Devi Temple – Visiting Dalhousie remains incomplete without a visit to the ‘Chamunda Devi Temple’. Built around 750 years back, the temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali and blesses every visitor with utmost peace and solace.
Recommended Tour Package
Khajjiar – Visceral yet Sublime
A serene little saucer-shaped meadow tucked away in Dhauladhar ranges of western Himalayas in Himachal Pradesh, Khajjiar is truly a slice of heaven on earth. It is one of the best hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Still untamed from urbanization and covered in sheaths of green with verdant forests of cedar flanking it from all sides and a small tranquil lake cradling right in its heart, undoubtedly, the place seems no less than a heavenly scenery directly out from a picture postcard.
No wonder – Khajjiar is also aptly called as ‘Mini Switzerland of India’. The gorgeous meadow is not very far from Dalhousie and perfectly makes for an ideal destination to spend a fun-filled day with families and friends. This makes Khajjiar one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Some of the best places to visit in Khajjiar
- Khajjiar Lake – It is one of the most visited places in Khajjiar. Just sit back and relax on the shores of Khajjiar Lake, taking in the tranquillity of the place’s undulating landscapes.
- Khajji Nag Temple – Constructed entirely of wood, this temple stands here since 12th century AD and is one of the most ancient and sacred shrines in Himachal dedicated to Khajji Nag, the lord of serpents.
- Golden Devi Temple – The Golden Devi Temple’ that got its name from the golden coloured dome it is crowned with. It sits adjacent to the Khajjiar lake and makes for an interesting visit for all the religious hearted.
- Kailash Villages – It is one of the best places to visit in Khajjiar. Picturesque and enchanting villages of Kailash are the thing of beauty and joy forever. Gorgeous views of Mt Kailash while enjoying the simple life of countryside will teleport you into the world of bliss.
Also Check out: Popular Points of Tourist Interest in Khajjiar
Kinnaur – Bucket full of joy and scenic beauties
Land of fairytales – Kinnaur is one of the most spectacularly beautiful regions of Himachal, dotted with emerald green valleys, flower-carpeted meadows, majestic snow-crowned mountains, picturesque alpine villages and striking fruit gardens & vineyards. It is one of the most popular hill stations in Himachal Pradesh.
Undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh, Kinnaur provides a perfect ambience whether you are looking for a laid-back holiday, an adventurous vacation or a spiritual retreat.
Some of the best things to do in Kinnaur
- Embrace the thrilling vibes of the ‘Sangla Valley’ in Kinnaur which is a hub for adventure enthusiasts, offering them some great options for river rafting, paragliding and angling & fishing.
- The ‘Kinner Kailash Trek’ is the most famous trek in the region and leaves every trekker with an experience unmatched.
- If you love nature, embark on a journey to explore beautiful alpine hamlets of Kinnaur; ‘Kalpa’, ‘Chitkul’, ‘Kothi’, ‘Roghi’ and ‘Batseri’ are some of the most stunning villages in upper reaches of Himalayas. It is one of the best things to do in Kinnaur.
- If you are amongst the spiritual-hearted sorts, there is no dearth of interesting religious sites in Kinnaur; the ‘Narayan-Nagini Temple’ at Kalpa, with its stunning Himachali architecture against the backdrop of the Kinner-Kailash range makes for an absolute sight to behold.
- Kinnaur is also a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts; the ‘Rakcham Chitkul Wildlife Sanctuary’, home to Himalayan Blue Sheep, Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Red Fox and Snow Leopards, is sure to leave every animal lover with an enthralling experience. It is one of the best places to visit in Kinnaur.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Barog – Best for Solace seekers
Located in the beautiful Solan district, Barog brings inspiration to the artist, bliss to the solace seekers, thrill to the adventure seekers, fun to the family and picture-perfect landscapes to the photographers. Its amazing weather makes Barog one of the best hill stations in Himachal Pradesh to visit in Summer season.
This fascinating Hill Station lies on UNESCO World Heritage site Kalka- Shimla Railway. Be it family, adventure seekers, backpackers or honeymooners Barog is a perfect place for the travellers of all kinds. Every corner of Barog reveals bliss and chill and grill vibes.
Some of the best things to do in Barog
- Revel in the magical vibes of Choor Chandni Peak. From the peak, picturesque views of other blissful peaks, Sutlej River and beautiful valleys and plains. It is one of the best things to do in Barog.
- For Solace seekers Dolanji Bon Monastery is a heaven sent blessing. It is the best place to visit in Barog for the divinely inspired travellers.
- The Graveyard of Barog is a must visit place. It is the graveyard of an engineer named Barog. The town of Barog has got its name from him. This place is also considered to be haunted. For a spooky experience, a visit to the graveyard of Barog is must.
- Suketi Fossil Park is one of the must visit places in Barog to revel in the charms of ancient fossils dating back to 8.5 million years old. This place is situated near the blissful banks of Markanda River.
- Jatoli Shiv Temple – It is one of the popular points of interest to drink serene drops of spirituality. It is an excellent spot for meditation.
Other Interesting Blog Read
Karsog – Hidden drops of Tranquillity
This blissful valley is one of the offbeat destinations of Himachal Pradesh. It is decked with serene temples, the histories of which date back to the period of Mahabharata. Fruit orchards, fertile farms, picturesque landscapes, lush green forests is soul soothing to the mind and soul.
Karsog the name is derived from the word Kar and Shok, which means ‘Daily Mourning’. It is believed that the village of Karsog was traumatized by the daily killings of villagers by a demon but during the exile of the Pandavas Bhima saved the entire village by offering himself as a food to the demon. This makes sightseeing in Karsog more interesting. Karsog is one of the most scenic Hill stations in Himachal Pradesh. It is less crowded which makes it a peaceful retreat for nature lovers.
Best things to do in Karsog
- Trekking trails to Kamru Nag, Shikari Devi, Dhamoon nag and Mahu Nag would be one of the most thrilling experiences of Karsog.
- Divinely inspired travellers, drink serene drops of spirituality in the divine temples of Chandika Devi Temple, Mamleshwar Temple, Kamaksha Devi Temple and Mahunag Temple.
- Blissful walks to the small hamlets of Karsog will refresh your soul and seduce your senses.
- Hiking in the enchanting forests of Karsog Valley will be a memorable experience in Karsog.
Visiting Himachal Pradesh without visiting Karsog would be an incomplete experience.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
While the list of hill stations in Himachal can go on and on, we have made our sincere efforts to bring to your notice, only the best 20.
In case, you feel there is a destination missed out which ought to be included in this list, do let us know by commenting in the section below.
And if you are planning out for a vacation in Himachal and require some more information on things to do and tourist attractions to see, contact our help desk; the executives would be more than happy to assist and jot down a suitable travel itinerary for you.
Other Important Himachal Tourism Links
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Apart from the scenic views what are some of the major adventure activities one can enjoy in the blissful Dev Bhoomi – Himachal Pradesh?
To experience the bliss of thrill, excitement and adventure apart from the scenic sights and lush green landscapes in blissful Dev Bhoomi – Himachal Pradesh, indulge in some of the best adventure activities –
- River Rafting
- Quad Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Heli- skiing
Q.What are some useful travel tips to follow, while travelling to Himachal Pradesh?
- While travelling to Himachal Pradesh, one must follow these tips for safety-
- Non- Biodegradable litter is strictly prohibited as polythene is banned in Himachal Pradesh.
- Purchasing articles made from rare or endangered species is strictly prohibited.
- Cover yourself with travel insurance for theft, loss and Mediclaim.
- While travelling to remote areas in Himachal Pradesh, it is very difficult to get ATM service. Always keep some cash.
- Be safe on Roads as there are many roads in Himachal Pradesh which comes top in the list of most dangerous roads in India.
- Local shopping is good but it is always good to shop from government emporium and artisans.
Q.Which is the coldest place of Himachal Pradesh?
Keylong is the coldest place of Himachal Pradesh.