Published: 06 Nov, 2018 Ashwini
They say, the journey is more important than the destination and they couldn’t have been more right about it. There are a thousand ways of exploring the splendid beauty of South India but there is only one royal way of exploring the beauty of South India and it is with the luxury trains. Started by state tourism departments, these luxury train rides are quite literally a royal affair on wheels. A Palace on wheels, the trains with their exuberant luxuries and heartwarming services will make sure you explore the heartlands of South India in style. From luxury accommodations to lip-smacking food served by onboard restaurants, these luxury trains are the best way to explore South India for International travellers who are looking to have the best of both the worlds.
The luxury services like Bars and Lounges, Spa and Massages facilities available onboard the luxury trains, one thing is ensured that international tourists won’t feel they are away from their home. With precise planning and detailed excursions of famous destinations in South India, the train services ensure that you don’t miss out on any destination. A best of both the worlds, explore South India within the comforts of these luxury train rides in India. Ideal for family holidays and family vacations, the complete package of luxury trains ensure that your little ones get enough space and facilities to enjoy the royal journey across Southerm heartlands.
Check out all the trains and routes that are operational across the heartland of South India and pick the one which suits your choice and budget.
Explore South India With Golden Chariot Pride of South
Started by Karnataka Tourism in collaboration with Indian Railways, Golden Chariot Pride of South takes us to the famous tourist destination in South India in comforts of the luxury train. Winner of Asia’s Leading Luxury Train’ Award, Golden Chariot is packed with luxuries you wouldn’t even dream of. With Passengers saloon intricately carved as per the Hosalya temple architecture dating back to 12th century, the train gives you the royal treatment you desire of. With facilities like onboard restaurants, a dedicated Lounge and Bar Coach and onboard Gym & Spa, the royal caravan is one luxury trains vacation you wouldn’t want to miss.
The travel itinerary of the luxury train takes us to some of the most famous heritage destinations in South India. Originating from the cyber capital of India, Bengaluru, the royal train journey takes us to the majestic city of Mysore. Some of the other famous tourist attractions are the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi and beach capital of India – Goa. The Journey also takes us across the wilderness of Kabini, going on a safari across the Kabini Wildlife Reserve. The train ride is a perfect blend of royal heritage luxury fused with mesmerising scenic beauties of South India.
Destinations covered in the trip:
- The train originates from Bengaluru. You can visit the ISKCON temple in Bengaluru. Stay and Hi- Tea would be in Taj West End.
- Kabini/ Mysore – Exploration of the Amba Vilas Palace and Kabini Wildlife Reserve Safari.
- Hassan – Temple Sightseeing and exploration of numerous pilgrimage destinations in Hassan.
- Hospet and Hampi – Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi – The Vijayanagar empire ruins. Visit pilgrimage destination like Virupaksha Temple, Hazara Rama Temple and Vijaya Vittala temple.
- Badami – Exploration of Badami cave temples and Pattadakal.
- Goa – Visit the Churches and Convents of Goa, a UNESCO World Heritage sites. Beach exploration is a must.
Facilities Provided: The Pride of South Package includes luxury accommodation, onboard meals, guided off-train excursions, porterage services, onboard butler, snacks tea and coffee free of cost, WiFi, Bar and Lounge aboard the luxury trains.
Departure Dates and Fare: Departure dates for Pride of South Package are available for 2018,2019,2020. You can check the departure dates and tour prices here.
Golden Chariot Southern Splendour: A Fairytale Journey Across South India
The royal train journeys across Southern India takes you to some of the best places to visit in South India and Southern Splendour has to be one of the best luxury trips for exploring South India. A luxury caravan housing more than 44 cabins within 11 interconnected Passengers saloon offers a variety of accommodations, ranging from Doubled Bedded Cabin, Twin Bedded Cabin to luxury suites. The interior of the train is designed as per the intricately carved Hosalya temple architecture of the 12th century, giving it a royal vintage feel. The royal luxury train also features an exquisite onboard restaurant with a dedicated train car for Bar and Lounge. The train also features an onboard gym and spa to rejuvenate your mind and body as the train departs from its next stations.
Golden Chariot Southern Splendour tour package is an extensive journey across the heartland of South India, traversing across the famous destinations like Chennai, Madurai and Kanyakumari. The journey also takes us to the pilgrimage destination of Mahabalipuram where one can experience the divinity of the place. The caravan also takes us to the colourful city of Puducherry. One of the most special tourist trains in India, Southern Splendour tour package is a picture-perfect blend of spirituality and aesthetic beauty.
Destinations covered in the trip:
- Bengaluru – Origin point of the journey. You can visit the ISKCON temple in Bengaluru. Stay and Hi-Tea at Taj West End.
- Chennai & Mahabalipuram – Visit the San Thome Basilica Church and the Museum. Mahabalipuram is one of the most famous pilgrimage destinations in India.
- Puducherry – Aurobindo Ashram, Promenade Beach Resort, Matrimandir and Auroville Ashram are some of the major attractions here.
- Thanjavur & Trichy – Brihadeeswarar temple which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site is a major attraction here. Also, Chola Bazar temple, Sri Ranganthaswamy Temple are also covered on this trip.
- Madurai – Visit the Meenakshi Temple.
- Kanyakumari and Kovalam – Padmanabhapuram Wooden Palace is a major attraction here.
- Alleppey and Kochi – Backwater of Kerala is the major tourist attraction in Alleppey.
Facilities Provided: The Southern Splendour Package includes luxury accommodation, onboard meals, guided off-train excursions, porterage services, onboard butler, snacks tea and coffee free of cost, WiFi, Bar and Lounge aboard the luxury trains.
Departure Dates and Fare: Departure dates for Southern Splendour Package are available for 2018,2019,2020. You can check the departure dates and tour prices here.
Explore South India With Maharajas’ Express Southern Jewels
Travel in style and explore South India with Maharajas’ Express Southern Jewels. Starting from the mesmerising city of Trivandrum, the royal caravan takes you across the major tourist destinations in South India. The Southern Jewels tour package is a blend of aesthetic destinations fused with famous pilgrimage destinations in South India.
Awarded as the World’s Leading Luxury Train from 2012-2016, the Maharajas’ Express is a royal affair with travelling. Redefining the way we travel, Maharajas’ Express Southern Jewels is the best way for International tourists to discover the gems of South India.
Departing from Trivandrum, the tour covers destinations like the royal city of Chettinad and Mahabalipuram, covering major tourist attractions in both the cities. The caravan also covers major South Indian destinations like Mysore, Hampi, Goa and Mumbai. A perfect blend of heritage and modernity, the train and the journey fused together is the best way to explore South India with one of the best train journeys in India.
Destinations covered in the trip:
- Chettinad – Chettinad Mansion, Athangudi Tile Factory are two of major tourist attractions in the city.
- Mahabalipuram – Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram, covering the ruins of Pallava Dynasty.
- Mysore – In the city of Sun, we will explore the Mysore Palace, Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel which was a former home of Viceroy of India.
- Hampi – Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hampi, Anegundi Village sightseeing.
- Goa- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Churches and Convents of Goa, beaches of Goa.
- Mumbai- UNESCO World Heritage Site of Shivaji Terminus, Gateway of Mumbai, Elephanta Caves are some of the major tourist spots in Mumbai.
Facilities Provided: The Southern Jewels Package includes luxury accommodation, onboard meals, guided off-train excursions, porterage services, onboard butler, snacks tea and coffee free of cost, WiFi aboard the luxury trains.
Departure Dates and Fare: Departure dates for Maharajas’ Express Southern Jewels Package are available for 2018,2019,2020. For tour fare, dates and bookings, check here.
Explore South India With Maharajas’ Express Southern Sojourn
The beauty of South India lies in the blend of rustic heritage charm blended with mesmerising natural scenic beauty. Ranging from heritage destination like Mysore to religious destination like temples of Hampi to breathtaking beauty of Kumarakom, South India exploration gives you a taste of both the worlds. Awarded with World’s most luxury from 2012-2016 and Seven Stars Luxury Record in 2016 and 2017, the Maharajas’ Express is literally a palace on wheels. Fitted with amenities like onboard restaurants, Bar and Lounge, Recreational centre and luxury accommodations, Maharajas’ Express ensures that you experience the best of travel experiences. A perfect blend of best of both the worlds, enjoy the splendid beauty of South India within the comforts of Maharajas’ Express.
Starting from the city that never sleeps – Mumbai, Maharajas’ Express Souther Sojourn package takes us across some of the most pristine tourist destinations in South India. Major destinations covered on the tour are the Goa, Hampi and Mysore. Taking you to mesmerising beaches of India, UNESCO World Heritage sites of Hampi, royal palaces of Mysore and mesmerising backwaters of Kumarakom, the journey is the perfect blend of rustic charm fused with adventure destinations.
Destinations covered in the trip:
- Mumbai – Welcome at Taj West End followed by boarding up the train.
- Goa – Explore the churches and convents of Goa, experience the beach life of Goa
- Hampi – Explore the Anegundi village, UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hampi exhibiting remains of Vijayanagar empire.
- Mysore – Visit the Wodeyar Palace and Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel
- Cochin – Experience the rural lifestyle of Kerala with fisherman of Kerala
- Kumarakom – Canoe cruise ride in the backwaters of Kumarakom, experience the thrill of famous Snake Boat race.
Facilities Provided: The Southern Sojourn Package includes luxury accommodation, onboard meals, guided off-train excursions, porterage services, onboard butler, snacks tea and coffee free of cost, WiFi, Bar and Lounge aboard the luxury trains.
Departure Dates and Fare: Departure dates for Maharajas’ Express Southern Sojourn Package are available for 2018,2019,2020. For tour fare, dates and bookings, check here.
Express South India With Deccan Odyssey Jewels of Deccan
If you wish to explore the Deccan Plateau, there is no better way than doing it within the comforts of one of the most luxurious trains. Deccan Odyssey Jewels of Deccan is an exuberant romance with the Deccan. Started in 2004, the royal train ride is inspired by the famous Palace on Wheels. Quite literally a palace on wheels, the train features luxurious accommodations, onboard multi-cuisine restaurants, internet connectivity and onboard spa and massage cart. With an over-enthusiast hospitality, your experience on Deccan Odyssey would be a memorable one.
Starting from the enchanting city of Mumbai, the train takes you to the Deccan heartland, cruising through Bijapur where visitors can history and heritage of Karnataka. Moving from Bijapur, you will witness the alluring beauty of Pattadakal, where the tourists would be taken to an architectural sightseeing tour. Other cities that are covered in the tour package are the famous tourist destinations of Hampi, Hyderabad and Aurangabad. The tourists would be treated to the two UNESCO World Heritage sites, Ajanta and Ellora Caves. The tour package ends with a return journey back to the city of Mumbai.
Destinations covered in the trip:
- Mumbai – Origin point of the luxury journey. Welcome and onboarding process at UNESCO heritage site of Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- Bijapur – A historical city in Karnataka, sightseeing tour would include monuments like Adil Shah’s tomb, Gol Gumbaz and Jumma Masjid.
- Pattadakal – Temples built by Chalukya Kings are the major tourist attractions here.
- Hampi – Delve into the heritage beauty of UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi depicting the remains of Vijayanagar Empire.
- Hyderabad – Witness the beauty of Golconda and explore the markets of Hyderabad.
- Aurangabad – Explore the century-old beauty of Ellora Caves and Ajanta Caves which are two famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India.
Facilities Provided: The Jewels of Deccan Package includes luxury accommodation, onboard meals, guided off-train excursions, porterage services, onboard butler, snacks tea and coffee free of cost, WiFi, Bar and Lounge aboard the luxury trains.
Departure Dates and Fare: Departure dates for Deccan Odyssey Jewels of Deccan Package are available for 2018,2019,2020. For tour fare, dates and bookings, check here.
There are many routes to choose from and you can pick the one which suits you best. You can click on the link mentioned in the description to know more about the royal journey.
Well, if you’re looking for such luxury train tours in South India like this, you can contact us at Tour My India. You can call us at +91-9212553106 or send us your queries at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you with luxury travel packages where you can pick the one that suits you the most.
For any queries, feel free to post your questions in the comment section below.
Born and brought up in the Lucknowi tehzeeb, Ashwini wishes to someday settle in a quaint little town in the Himalayas. If you do not find him daydreaming about his travel plans, you’ll find him exploring the vastness of Youtube and Netflix. A travel romantic and a cricket fanatic, he also wishes to try every cuisine ever made in this world.