Day 1: Mumbai
- The Deccan Odyssey Indian Sojourn journey begins from the fast-paced city of Mumbai. Welcomed with a traditional Indian welcome, guests board the train at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- After settling down and completion of check-in process, the train kick-starts the Indian Sojourn tour.
- Dinner is served on-board as the train approached towards its first destination, Vadodara.
Day 2: Vadodara
- The first day of the Indian Sojourn tour starts with an early breakfast on-board as the train reaches the former capital of Gaekwad rulers, Vadodara.
- Post breakfast head out to explore one of the many UNESCO World Heritage sites in Gujarat, Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park. Believed to be the only pre-Mughal Islamic city to remain unchanged till now, the UNESCO Heritage site is a must visit destination.
- Return back to the Deccan Odyssey for an on-board lunch.
- Move out to explore the Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum which houses various sculptures and paintings. The museum in itself is an architectural beauty.
- High Tea is organized for the guests at the Laxmi Vilas Palace followed by a folk performance.
- Dinner is arranged by the royal kitchen of Laxmi Vilas Palace.
- Head back to the luxury train for the overnight stay as the train proceeds to Udaipur.
- The caravan reaches the royal city of lakes, Udaipur. Breakfast is served on-board.
- Head out for the sightseeing tour of the romantic city of Udaipur. Explore the City Palace which was constructed by Maharana Udai Singh II.
- The sightseeing tour is followed by a boat ride across the lakes of Udaipur.
- Head back to the comfort of the Deccan Odyssey for a relaxing lunch on-board.
- Post lunch guests can either relax in the comforts of the luxury train or they can opt to witness the allure of the Old Udaipur. Guests also get to witness the popular puppets shows organised in the Old city of Udaipur. Guests can also opt for a shopping tour of the city.
- After exploring the city head back to the luxury train as the dinner is served on-board. The train departs for its next destination, Jodhpur
- On the 4th day of the trip, the guests are welcomed by the bright sunny light of the Jodhpur city. Breakfast is served on-board.
- Home to some of the ancient temples, forts and Thar desert in the background, the city offers various attraction. The guests can opt to go for a spa session in a 5-star hotel or explore the Bishnoi Village and witness the local cultures and lifestyle.
- The lunch is served on-board the Deccan Odyssey.
- Next stop on our list is the world famous Mehrangarh Fort, which was constructed by Rao Jodha. At the top of a hill of height of 150 meter, the Mehrangarh Fort with Thar Desert as the background makes up for a picture-perfect sight. Visit the museum inside the fort which exhibits the royal armory, costumes, paintings and personal belongings of the royal family.
- The dinner is served at the royal Mehrangarh Fort which will serve Marwar barbequed delicacies.
- After dinner return back to the luxury train for the overnight journey to the city of Agra.
- The new takes you to the city famous for its Mughal architecture and monuments, Agra. As the train paces towards Agra, the breakfast is served on-board the luxury train.
- Post breakfast head out to witness the enchanting beauty of one of the seven wonders of the world, Taj Mahal. A global symbol of love, the monument was made by Shah Jahan, dedicated to his wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- The lunch is arranged at the City Hotel.
- Post lunch, explore the Itmad-ud-Daulah tomb, commissioned by Jahangir’s wife, Nurjahan, in remembrance of her father. The monument has striking similarity to the Taj Mahal.
- Next on the exploration list is the mesmerizing Agra Fort. Another one of Mughal monuments. The complex of Agra Fort houses many small monuments inside.
- Post exploration the guests can choose from either shopping tour or a rejuvenating spa session at a 5-star hotel.
- Head back to the Deccan Odyssey as the train moves towards next destination, Sawai Madhopur.
- Dinner is served on-board the luxury train.
Day 6:Sawai Madhopur — Ranthambore National Park
- Today is going to be an exciting day. As the train reaches the Sawai Madhopur station, the guests are served with an on-board breakfast.
- Head out for a safari ride across the Ranthambore National Park. Considered to be one of the biggest tiger reserves in India, Ranthambore offers a chance to witness some of the majestic creatures of Jungle.
- Post safari ride return to the lavish Deccan Odyssey for the lunch served on-board. Guests can choose to go on for a village safari, interacting with the locals of the neighbouring village.
- High Tea at the hunting lodge of the Royal Family.
- Return to the train for a lip-smacking dinner served on-board the luxury train. The train departs for its final destination, Jaipur.
- On 7th day guests get to explore the Pink City of India, Jaipur. Breakfast is served on-board.
- Exit the train to explore the famous Hawa Mahal which offers some of the most photogenic aerial view of the city.
- Proceed to visit Amber Fort, constructed by Raja Man Singh.
- The next halt would be at the City Palace or the Royal Palace of Jaipur.
- Enjoy the lavish lunch arranged at the City Hotel
- Next on the list is the UNESCO World Heritage site, Jantar Mantar. An astronomical center commissioned by Sawai Jai Singh II, the place has some of the oldest astronomical devices.
- The guests can choose from either enjoying a rejuvenating spa session or explore the local markets of the colourful city.
- Return back to the train as it departs for its terminus, New Delhi.
- Dinner is served on-board.
- The final day starts with a light breakfast as the train approached Delhi Cantt Railway Station. Say goodbye to the luxury holiday as the train arrives at the terminus.