Day 1: Arrival at Bengaluru
- Your southern splendour tour with Tour My India will start at Bengaluru International Airport where our representative will be waiting to escort to your hotel which is Taj West End.
- After Check-in to the hotel, get a soothing pamper with a Hi-Tea.
- Followed by that, a nature walk at Taj West End will be waiting to soothe you.
- A presentation on this entire tour will be given to you in order to proffer a better understanding of the Golden Chariot Tour.
- Post presentations, you will be asked to be a part of the cultural show.
- The first attraction which you will cover on this wonderful tour is the famous ISKCON Temple.
- The next destination is the Yeswanthpur Railway Station where you’ll commence your luxurious journey to Chennai through Golden Chariot. On board, you will be served with traditional Indian complimentary dinner.
Day 2: Bengaluru to Chennai to Mahabalipuram
- Before we take you to Chennai excursion, indulge into the exotic taste of morning breakfast at The Golden Chariot.
- Upon arrival at Chennai Egmore Railway Station, you will be asked to deboard the train to proceed further for the luxury coach.
- Thereafter, visit the famous San Thome Basilica Church and the Museum.
- Next, be ready to take a plunge in the historical city of Mahabalipuram which is the next destination on this expedition. In Mahabaleshwar, visit the very famous Arjuna’s Penance, Ganesha Temple, Krishna’s Butter Ball, and Five Rathas Temple.
- By the time you will be done with the sightseeing tour of Mahabalipuram, your lunch will be getting ready at a resort.
- Post lunch, explore the 7th century Shiva Shore Temple. It is an ancient shrine that houses three temples, however, the prominent ones are devoted to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. Shiva Shore Temple is also listed amongst UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- As the day comes to an end, you will be driven back to your destination station to board the train to your next stopover.
- In the night, enjoy a royal dinner at Golden Chariot followed by the overnight stay.
Day 3: Puducherry Sightseeing
- Day 3 of this wonderful tour will start with a delectable onboard breakfast at The Golden Chariot.
- After the breakfast, get freshen up for the day’s excursion to Puducherry that passes through Auroville Ashram and Matrimandir.
- In the afternoon, be ready to savour a luxurious experience at Promenade Beach Resort. At the resort, you will be served with the lunch. Here, you will be also given some time to rest so to get over of your jetlag.
- Later in the afternoon, visit the famous Aurobindo Ashram which is located in the French Town. The spiritual significance of this ashram lures a large number of travellers that make it one of the major tourist attractions in Puducherry.
- Shopping is the next thing on your day’s itinerary followed by a leisure time at Promenade Beach.
- With that, you’ll conclude your day 3 excursion of the southern splendour tour and will be driven back to The Golden Chariot.
- After the onboard dinner, you may go to sleep.
- While you are sleeping, The Golden Chariot will proceed to the next destination which is Thanjavur.
Day 4: Thanjavur and Trichy Excursion
- By the time you will wake up, we will be already at Thanjavur Railway Station. A nutritious breakfast will be served onboard breakfast at The Golden Chariot.
- After the morning meal, head out for the day expedition. The first attraction of the day is the famous Brihadeeswarar Temple which is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- After the pilgrimage tour, be ready for a historical tour at Chola Bronze Temple.
- At Thanjavur, you’ll be also given some time to indulge in a shopping experience.
- In the afternoon, have lunch at a resort in Thanjavur followed by a 59 km luxurious drive to Trichy.
- Upon arrival at Trichy, visit the well-known Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple. Just to let you know, it is India’s largest temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- By the time you will be done visiting Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, the day would almost be over, and hence, you’ll be driven back The Golden Chariot.
- Dinner will be served onboard followed by a departure to Madurai – the oldest city of Tamil Nadu.
Day 5: Madurai Sightseeing
- Arrival at Madurai Junction Railway Station. Like till now, the morning meal will be served onboard at The Golden Chariot.
- Post breakfast, you will be taken on a pilgrimage tour to Meenakshi Temple – an iconic attraction and one of the oldest temples in India.
- In the afternoon, we’ll accommodate you back to The Golden Chariot for onboard lunch and rest.
- In the evening, Thirumalai Nayakar Mahar will be waiting to entertain you with a sound and light show. The unique thing about this show is that it doesn’t involve the use of laser or fountains, but, strategically places lightning that irradiates the place.
- After the show, we will drive you back to The Golden Chariot for an overnight stay and onboard dinner. However, the train will next depart for Kanyakumari.
Day 6: Kanyakumari and Kovalam
- By the time you will wake up early in the morning, we will be already at Nagercoil Railway Station in Kanyakumari – the end of India’s mainland – Kanyakumari.
- From the station, you will be taken to Kanyakumari (through a drive) to adore the surreal views of the sunrise.
- Thereafter, return back to The Golden Chariot for onboard breakfast and to get freshen up to start the day’s expedition.
- The first tourist attraction which you will explore on day 6 is the popular Padmanabhapuram Wooden Palace. Padmanabhapuram is a 16th-century palace which sprawls over a massive area of 6.5 acres. Just for the fact, it is Asia’s largest wooden palace, and hence, is included on this trip.
- After exploring the palace, you’ll be driven back to The Golden Chariot for the lunch followed by a departure to Kochuveli Railway Station in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Upon arrival, you will be accommodated to Taj Green Cove Resort & Spa in Kovalam. Here, you will be pampered with a luxurious stay accompanied by sublime beachfront views. In the evening, savour the exquisite sunset view at the beach with a cup of tea/coffee.
- Later in the evening, you will be also entertained with an Indian Classical Dance performance while having a dinner at the resort.
- For the overnight stay, you will be taken back to The Golden Chariot.
Day 7: Alleppey and Kochi
- In the morning, have a delicious breakfast. Meanwhile, the train is heading towards Alleppey – ‘Venice of the East’
- Upon arrival at Alleppey Railway Station, deboard the train for a luxury houseboat cruise on the backwaters of Kerala.
- After spending some enduring time cruising on backwaters, it’s time to leave the houseboat to proceed your journey to Kochi by a 53 km drive.
- On arrival at Kochi, head towards the famous Chinese Fishing Nets. You will also get a chance to spend some time strolling at the Jew Town and the market.
- As the day comes to its end, drive back to The Golden Chariot for overnight sleep and onboard dinner.
- Departure to your onward destination, i.e., Bengaluru.
Day 8: Departure
- Like all days, breakfast will be served at The Golden Chariot followed by your arrival at Yeshwantpur Railway Station, Bengaluru.
- From the station, we will transfer you to Bengaluru International Airport (to board your flight back home) to conclude this enthralling voyage with a hope to serve you again.