Day 1: Mumbai- The City That Never Sleeps
- Embark upon the Maharaja Express Southern Sojourn at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai. After the on-boarding process is complete, proceed to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus to board the luxury train.
- Guests are welcomed with a traditional Indian welcome at the railway station. Welcome drinks are served to the guests and the Police band play melodies as guests on-board the train.
- Train departs for Goa as the dinner is served on-board the Maharaja Express.
Day 2: Goa – Lose Yourself In The Party Capital of India
- The early morning is welcomed by the sight of beaches of Goa. On-board breakfast is served.
- Post breakfast proceed to exploring churches of Goa, which are a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the Basilica of Bom Jesus which exhibits the preserved remains of the famous Saint Francis Xavier. Also, explore the houses of Old Panjim, a perfect blend of Portuguese and Indian architecture.
- Return to the Maharaja Express for Lunch.
- De-board the train to experience a Goan evening filled with music and dance. Enroute, make a quick stop at the Goa Chitra Museum. The finest ethnographic museum in the state is the best place to understand the culture of the state.
- Dinner is arranged at an exclusive venue amidst the Goan carnival.
- Post dinner return to the comforts of the Maharaja Express.
Day 3 :Goa-Hampi
- The day starts with a stupendous breakfast as train proceed towards Hampi. The guests are treated with the beauty of the Western Ghats.
- Lunch is served on-board the Maharaja Express.
- Upon arriving at Hospet railway station, embark upon the journey to explore Anegundi village. Dating back to Neolithic age, the enchanting village is spread over the banks of river Tungabhadra.
- Guests may opt for a rejuvenating session of Spa at a 5-star hotel.
- Return to the luxury train as the splendid dinner is served.
Day 4 : Hampi- A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The day starts with breakfast served on-board.
- Post-breakfast de-board to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi. The enchanting complex of Hampi have some of the most ancient monuments and temple, a testimony of the Dravidian style of architecture of the Vijaynagar empire.
- Return on-board the Maharaja Express to enjoy the lunch served on-board.
- The train sails to Mysore as the dinner is served on Maharaja Express.
Day 5 : Mysore- The Enchanting Royalty
- After the breakfast on-board the luxury train proceed to the Wodeyar Palace also knowns as Mysore Palace. Home to the royal family of Mysore, Mysore Palace is one of the largest Palace in the entire South India.
- Lunch is arranged at the Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel. Built for an exclusive stay of Viceroy of India, during British rule, it is one of most royal structure in entire Mysore.
- Guests may either return to the Maharaja Express or they can opt to visit Srirangapatna, the capital city of the Tipu Sultan’s empire.
- Return to the comforts of Maharaja Express as the dinner is served on-board. The train moves to its next destination, Cochin.
Day 6 : Cochin- Jewel of The East Coast
- The morning brings the beauty of God’s own country, Kerala. Breakfast is served on the train.
- The lunch is served on-board as the caravan sails across the scenic sights of Kerala.
- De-board upon reaching Cochin and proceed to explore the village complex. The experience will offer guest an insight into the traditional practices of Kerala.
- Visit the unique Chinese Fishing Nets and Crabs Farm and witness them in action. Return to the Maharaja Express for the dinner.
Day 7: Kumarakom- The City of Mesmerizing Backwaters
- The last day of the luxury vacation starts with breakfast served on-board.
- Post breakfast get going for a Canoe cruise on the mesmerizing backwaters of Kumarakom, as the Canoe sails across lush green Coconut plantations.
- Lunch is arranged at the lakefront.
- Lunch is followed by the famous snake boat race. Witness the snake boat race, as the traditional boats fight to reach on top of the leaderboard.
- Return to the comforts of the Maharaja Express as the Luxury train rushes to its terminus, Trivandrum.
- Dinner is served on-board the luxury train.
Day 8: Trivandrum- The Heart of Kerala
- Early morning breakfast is followed by de-boarding at Trivandrum around 8 am in the morning. Bid farewell to the luxury holidays aboard the Maharaja Express Southern Sojourn.