Day 1: Arrival at Mumbai
- Finally, the day has come when you will set out for your journey to Maharashtra, for which you have to be at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus at 3:30 PM.
- After completing the registration process and the formalities related to check-in, a warm traditional welcome and welcome drink await your presence.
- Now the guests can enjoy the ride as the train departs from Mumbai to take you to the Nashik. Capture the scenic views on your overnight journey which comes with a delicious dinner onboard.
Day 2: Nashik
- With the rising sun, the train reaches the first destination, Nashik. Before deboarding, you will be offered a scrummy breakfast post which you can revel in the rituals performed at the Godavari Ghat and take a walk around.
- The shops tagged to the Ghats sell different products like lentils, vegetables, dried seafood, cow dung, to name a few.
- The next thing on the list is surely something that guests would enjoy, a drive to Grover Zampa vineyards. As soon as the guests enter, the aroma of the Chenin, Shiraz and Chardonnay vines will refresh your soul.
- As you begin your tour, the expert will help you understand the ancient techniques (méthode traditionnelle) that are till date used for making wines in India.
- Try red, white, rose and sparkling wines from the collection of this vineyard.
- Enjoy your lunch and head back to Deccan Odyssey which will move next to Aurangabad. After a long day, some delectable food is served to make guests happy which is followed by night stay on Deccan Odyssey.
Day 3: Aurangabad – Ellora Caves
- Bidding goodbye to Nashik, the Deccan Odyssey now takes its guests to Aurangabad. It was the Great Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb after which this industrial town is named after in Maharashtra. One a drive to the town one would realise that it beautifully reflects the Mughal period and is home to a number of monuments, one out of which is the Ellora Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- As guests begin their sightseeing tour here, they come across the 17 Hindu caves, 12 Buddhist caves, 5 Jain caves that are spread all over this one of the finest cave temples in India.
- The trip to Ellora Caves is not complete without a visit to the Kailash Temple, which is considered a replica of Lord Shiva’s abode on Mt. Kailash.
- Post the excursion, lip-smacking lunch will be offered to the guests on the Deccan Odyssey. Rest of the time can be spent relaxing and enjoying cocktails.
- As the day comes to an end, the train heads next to Jalgaon which is set up close to the Ajanta Caves, the next tourist spot to be covered.
- The luxury train offers a great dining experience to its guests which is followed by an overnight stay.
Day 4: Ajanta Caves
- By the time you relish every bite of your breakfast, the Deccan Odyssey will reach Jalgaon railway station. Now it’s time to get ready to touchdown another popular tourist attraction of Maharashtra, Ajanta Caves, which is known for its 30 rock-cut Buddhist cave monuments that belong to the 2nd century BCE to about 480 CE.
- While sightseeing this awarded UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will come across the finely formed sculptures and paintings that represent the Buddhist religious art forms.
- To bring relief to your growling stomach, the luxury train has just the right lunch arrangement where the city of Kolhapur adds more charm to the background. Rest of the day is free for leisure, where one can enjoy board games or get a relaxing massage from the spa on the train.
- As the day comes to an end, dinner is served to the guests on the train where they will be staying overnight.
Day 5: Kolhapur
- Laze around in the morning, enjoy your breakfast and the scenic views of Kolhapur, the historic city of Maharashtra.
- Guests can go out and enjoy a trip around the city and later join back to have lunch on the train. Later in the afternoon, the city calls out the visitors to sight the New Palace Museum and Town Hall Museum. Save some time for shopping the famous handicraft of the city, the Kolhapuri chappal.
- As the day exchanges its place with the evening, you can move towards one of the 108 Shakti Peethas mentioned in the Puranas of Hinduism, Mahalaxmi Temple. Spend some time listening to the chants sung in the praise of Goddess Shakti. After that, guests can choose to head to be a part of Mardani Khel which is a traditional martial arts performance.
- After covering all the must-visit places of Kolhapuri, it’s time to go back to the train. The next destination that the train leads to is Goa. Overnight stay and dinner are arranged for the guests.
Day 6: Goa
- Leaving Kolhapuri behind, the train sets off to Goa, the all-rounder state of India. Before reaching, the guests are served with a nutritious breakfast so that they are all charged up to explore.
- The first spot to venture is the Fontainhas, an old quarter in Panjim which is known for its distinct architecture which is influenced by the Portuguese. Since the Latin quarters of Panjim are honoured as a Unesco World Heritage Walk, a lot of tourist swarm here.
- After adoring the exclusive architecture, guests push off to Ribandar which is a town in Goa. One can pay a visit to the churches and the ruins of the St. Augustine tower; Sahakari spice plantation to delight in the tasty feast offered here.
- Once done with savouring the lunch, it’s time to take in the beauty of the plantation and finish the tour with a enjoy a folk dance performance.
- As the day comes to an end, guests move back to the train for having dinner. The train next heads towards Ratnagiri crossing the Konkan region.
Day 7: Sindhudurg
- There is a lot of fun and exploring packed for this day. First of all, the breakfast is served to the guests, post which they visit their first tourist attraction of the day, the city of Sindhudurg.
- After spending some time in the city, the guests come back to the train and savour their feast. Visitors can choose to go back again to the city and return late in the evening. With the end of the day, the train departs for Mumbai.
- Overnight stay and dinner on Deccan Odyssey are arranged for guests.
Day 8: Departure from Mumbai
- This day marks the end of your delightful journey to Maharashtra and its many tourist places.As and when the guests are done with their breakfast, they are dropped off to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station, Mumbai.