Day 1:Trivandrum – Heart of God’s Own Country
- The journey starts at Vivanta by Taj Hotel. After completing the check-in process, proceed to the Kochuveli railway Station, Trivandrum. Guests are given a traditional Indian welcome on-board the Maharaja Express.
- Guests can proceed to an appetizing dinner on-board the luxury train. The train departs from the station around 9:15 pm, marking the start of the luxury vacation.
Day 2:Chettinad – Karaikudi
- Upon arriving to the Chettinad railway station, guests are treated with a lavish breakfast on-board the luxury train.
- Guests can now opt to visit the Chettinad Mansions and Athangudi Tile Factory.
- Proceed to the visit of the lavish Chettinad Heritage Hotel where guests can indulge in various recreational activities including Saree draping, Henna Art and Mundu/Dhoti draping.
- Return to the Maharaja Express where guests are served with on-board lunch.
- Train leaves for its next destination, Mahabalipuram. Dinner is served on the luxurious Maharaja Express. Enjoy the overnight stay in the comforts of Maharaja Express Southern Jewels.
Day 3:Mahabalipuram – A Trip Down The Memory Lane
- The day begins with a light early morning breakfast on-board the Maharaja Express.
- Post lunch, disembark on the journey to the UNESCO World Heritage site, Mahabalipuram. Witness the ruins of Pallava Dynasty and the other temples of the complex.
- The lunch would be served at an exotic venue amidst the traditional folklore and dances.
- Once on-board the Maharaja Express, the train leaves for the next destination, Mysore. The dinner would be served on-board.
Day 4: Mysore – The City of Sun
- Day 4 of the luxury trip begins with a lavish breakfast on-board the comfortable Maharaja Express.
- Sightseeing tour begins after breakfast. Wodeyar Palace also referred to as Mysore Palace is the first stop. The palace is one of the largest in the South India. It has been a home for the royal family of Mysore. Explore the palace complex.
- A stupendous lunch is served at the Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel. The former home built for the Viceroy of India, the architecture of the building resembles the St. Paul Cathedral, London.
- The guests can either choose to return to the comforts of Maharaja Express or they can choose to visit to Srirangapatna, the capital city of the empire of Tipu Sultan.
- Return to the Maharaja Express and relax on-board as the train leaves towards next destination, Hampi.
- The dinner is served on-board the Maharaja Express.
Day 5 :Hampi-A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The day starts early with the breakfast served on-board the Maharaja Express.
- Disembark to explore the UNESCO World Heritage site in India, Hampi. The group of monuments at Hampi are famous for their stone architecture. A testimony of the Dravidian style of architecture of the Vijayanagar Empire, the complex houses many ancient temples and monuments.
- Return the comforts of Maharaja Express for a mouth-watering lunch on-board the luxury train.
- Post lunch, de-board to explore the Anegundi village. Dating back to Neolithic age, the enchanting village is spread over the banks of river Tungabhadra. Explore the village and interact with locals. Guests can also opt to go for a spa session instead of visiting the village.
- Return to the luxury train. The train would stay in Hampi overnight. The dinner is served on-board the Maharaja Express.
Day 6:Hampi – Goa
- The train departs for the party capital of India, Goa. Meanwhile, guests can enjoy a laid-back morning on-board the Maharaja Express. Enjoy the on-board breakfast.
- Lunch is served on-board the Maharaja Express as the luxury train cruises towards Goa. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Western Ghats.
- Upon arriving at Goa, de-board for an evening of music and dance. Make a quick stop at the Goa Chitra Museum. The finest ethnographic museum in the state is the best place to understand the culture of the state.
- Proceed to enjoy a enthralling Goan evening with music and dance.
- Dinner is served at an exotic venue after which guests can return back to the comforts of the Maharaja Express.
Day 07: Goa – The Beach Capital of India
- The last day of the luxury vacation begins with a splendid breakfast on-board the Maharaja Express.
- Post breakfast proceed for the sightseeing tour of the city. Visit the churches of North Goa, which are a UNESCO World Heritage site. Basilica of Bom Jesus, a UNESCO World Heritage site exhibits the the preserved remains of Saint Francis Xavier.
- Proceed to the heritage walk of Goa. Old Panjim is one of the best place to witness the blend of Portuguese and Indian culture.
- Lunch is arranged at an exclusive venue.
- Post Lunch return to the Maharaja Express as the train departs for its terminus, Mumbai.
- Dinner is served on-board the Maharaja Express.
Day 8:Mumbai- The City of Dreams
- The day starts with an early morning lunch as the train arrives at the terminus, Mumbai. Post lunch de-board the train and bid farewell to the luxury holidays spent on the Maharaja Express Southern Jewels.