Day 1: Delhi to Agra – Visiting the “teardrop on the cheek of humanity”
- You will be received at Delhi, which is where your Treasures of India journey begins. Get in touch with our representative and complete your check in formalities at the Safdarjung Railway Station. The train begins its journey to Agra.
- You will be served a wonderful brunch onboard, and given an introduction to the tour and what all you can expect.
- The train arrives in Agra. Disembark and then make your way towards the Taj Mahal. One of the wonders of the world, it needs no introduction. Ages will come and go, and yet, the Taj Mahal will stand as a symbol of eternal love. Return to the comforts of Maharajas’ Express. You also have the option of enjoying a spa session at a hotel or the Mohabbat the Taj Show.
- Dinner will be served followed by an overnight stay onboard.
Day 2: Agra – Ranthambore: Admire the monuments up close & then the wildlife
- Your day starts early, with a visit to the Agra Fort. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it served as the residence of the Mughal emperors until 1638, when the capital was shifted to Delhi. You may also choose to visit Itimad-ud-Daulah.
- The train makes its way to Sawai Madhopur (the nearest railway station to Ranthambore National Park). Lunch will be served onboard.
- Arrive at Sawai Madhopur and then proceed towards Ranthambore National Park for an exciting game drive. A game drive is more rustic than a safari, and carries with it more adventure and excitement. Return to the Maharajas’ Express. The train proceeds to Jaipur, your next destination. Dinner will be served onboard.
Day 3: Jaipur – Royal in more ways than one
- Start your day with a tasty breakfast and then proceed to visit the Amber Fort. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is built out of red sandstone and house a number of architecturally impressive buildings like Diwan-i-Aam, Diwan-i-Khas, Sheesh Mahal and Jai Mandir.
- You can also choose to enjoy a spa session at a hotel, visit the Observatory (known as the Jantar Mantar) or go on a private shopping tour. Return for some rest and relaxation on the Maharajas’ Express. Lunch will be served onboard.
- Dinner promises to be a special affair, as you enjoy the pleasures of fine dining at Rambagh Palace. Return to the lap of luxury onboard the Maharajas’ Express. Overnight stay onboard as the train makes its way to Delhi.
Day 4: Delhi-End of the trip, goodbye!
- Your day starts with an enjoyable breakfast after which you disembark and continue with your journey onward.