Day 1: Mumbai – The Journey Begins at The City of Dreams
- The start of the luxury vacation is marked by a traditional Maratha welcome at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- After the completion of check-in process guests can relax in their compartments as the train commences the journey to Aurangabad.
- Dinner is served on-board Deccan Odyssey.
Day 2:Aurangabad – Ellora Caves – A Must Visit Heritage Site
- Day 2 of the luxury holidays starts with an on-board breakfast as the train sails towards the Aurangabad railway station.
- Meanwhile, the train reaches Aurangabad guests can opt to go for a spa session in the train itself.
- The lunch is served on-board
- Post lunch embark onto exploring the former Mughal city which is home to various Mughal
- architectural marvels. One such monument is a UNESCO World Heritage site Ellora Caves.
- Explore the ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain temples housed within the Ellora complex.
- Return to the luxury of Deccan Odyssey to relax.
- Dinner is served in an exclusive venue in the city of Aurangabad after which guests return to the luxury train for an overnight stay on-board.
Day 3: Aurangabad – Delve Into the Historical Mughal Era
- The morning starts with a lazy breakfast on-board the Deccan Odyssey.
- After breakfasts guests can deboard the train to explore the city of Aurangabad.
- The first monument to visit is the Bibi-ka-Maqbara which is a replica of the UNESCO World Heritage site, Taj Mahal in Agra. Dedicated to wife of Aurangzeb, the monument was commissioned by Aurangzeb’s son, Prince Azam Shah.
- Next destination on the list is the weaving center of Himroo fabric, a traditional fabric made in the region since Mughal era.
- Back to the comforts of Deccan Odyssey to relax and enjoy the bar and lounge, Mumbai Hi, on-board the luxury train.
- Dinner is served on-board as the train departs for its next destination.
Day 4 : Ramtek — Pench National Park – A Safari Amongst Tigers
- The days begins with an on-board breakfast as the train arrives into Ramtek. Today is going to a thrilling day.
- Proceed to a wildlife safari in the Pench National Park, home to numerous flora and fauna. You might spot tigers on the safari trails amongst many other exotic animals. If weather conditions allow, rafting is also available to guests.
- Return to the train for a lavish lunch.
- Relax in the cabins or rejuvenate in the on-board spa or explore the on-board lounge.
- Dinner is served on-board as the caravan departs for Tadoba.
Day 5:Tadoba – A Safari Like None Other
- The day 5 of the trip starts with the bright light of the shining sun. It’s an early start for today as the guests embark upon the wildlife safari of Tadoba National Park and Tiger reserve.
- Post safari enjoy stupendous brunch at the National Park’s resort.
- Indulge in interacting with the local staff of the park. Guests can also opt to watch documentaries on wildlife.
- Post exploration return to refresh and relax in the comforts of Deccan Odyssey.
- Lavish dinner is served on-board the Deccan Odyssey Maharashtra Wild Trails as we embark upon the next destination, Jalgaon.
Day 6: Jalgaon – Ajanta Caves — The Ancient and The New
- As the guests munch upon the breakfast served on-board Deccan Odyssey on 6th day of the luxury vacation, the train arrives at the Jalgaon railway station.
- Deboard to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site, Ajanta caves. Within the complex of 30 rock cut caves, lies ancient Hindu and Buddhist temples. Explore the ancient wall arts engraved within the caves.
- Return to the royal train to enjoy a mouth-watering lunch on-board the train.
- Rest of the evening would be relaxing with train departing for its final destination on Maharashtra Wild Trails, Nashik. Enjoy the facilities of the luxury train.
- Dinner is served on-board.
Day 7: Nashik -The Wine City of India
- As the train arrives in to the holy city of Nashik, guests could feel a sense of calmness spread all across the city. The breakfast is served on-board.
- Post breakfast stroll onto the serene Ghats of the river Godavari. Witness the Hindu rituals and traditions being practiced on the bank of the river.
- Explore the local markets for a shopping spree.
- Next destination on our list is the vineyard of Nashik. Explore the place and tastes the wines that are brewed in the breweries.
- Lunch is served in an exclusive venue.
- Return back to the train post-lunch for a lazy evening on the train as the Deccan Odyssey proceeds for its terminus.
- Dinner is served on-board.
Day 8: Mumbai -Back to The City of Dreams
- The morning is welcomed by a final breakfast on-board the luxury train.
- Deboard the train at Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus and bid farewell to the luxury holidays aboard the Deccan Odyssey Maharashtra Wild Trails.