Day 1- Delhi: Sheher Dilwaalon ka (A city of generosity)
- Guests get ready to enjoy a traditional and royal welcome at Safdarjung Railway Station and commence the luxurious journey.
- Luxuriate the delicious on-wheels dinner.
- Guests relax their way through night in the Maharaja Express that has departed for its very first destination- Jaipur.
Day 2- Jaipur: The Royal Destination
- The guests enjoy a mouth-watering breakfast as they arrive the desired destination.
- On reaching the destination, guests could enrich their knowledge about the gorgeous pink city with a visit to Amber Fort which showcases the true example of Rajasthani royalty.
- After exploring the fort, the guests are escorted to City Palace where they get to experience elephant rides and also spend some time with them by decorating and feeding them.
- After the fun filled activities, the guests head towards lunch.
- After lunch the guests could choose to take rest in the luxury express or they could enjoy the following activities which are inclusive in the packages provided by Maharaja Express:
- Private shopping tour
- Spa facility at the 5-Star Hotel
- Pay a visit to world’s largest stone Sundial, popularly known as Jantar Mantar or could go to the Observatory and City Palace Museum.
- Guests can enjoy the delicious dinner on-board.
- While guests enjoy a peaceful rest, the train departs for the second destination- Sawai Madhopur to say hello to the majestic creatures called Tigers.
Day 3- Ranthambore: A Royal Bengal Tiger’s Abode to Fatehpur Sikri: The Ancient Capital of Mughals
- World’s leading luxury train now arrives at Sawai Madhopur and the guests embrace themselves for the visit to Ranthambore National Park.
- After the exciting drive through the National Park, the guests return to the luxury train.
- The Maharaja Express then leaves for the next exciting destination, i.e., Fatehpur Sikri.
- Guests could explore and learn about the once flourishing capital of Mughal Emperor Akbar.
- Guests enjoy the delicious dinner on-board, while the train leaves for the next destination- Agra.
Day 4- Agra: The Romantic City of India to Gwalior: Another Mesmerising City of India
- The luxury odyssey continues with Agra being the next stop for Maharaja Express.
- The guests witness the monumental symbol of love- The Taj Mahal and enjoy one of a kind Champagne Breakfast on top of the Taj Khema.
- After boarding the express, the train departs to the next location- Gwalior.
- The guests enjoy the on-board breakfast and then leave for exploring the famous Gwalior Fort, Jain Cave Sculptures and the Saas-Bahu Temple or they could just simply enjoy the spa service at Usha Kiran Palace Hotel.
- After exploring the places, the guests visit Jai Vilas Palace Museum and the evening tea is served in the compound of the palace.
- The guests spend their peaceful night on-board as the train is stationed at Gwalior for the night.
- The morning sees the departure of train to Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh.
Day 5- Khajuraho: The Historically Rich Destination
- While the luxury train reaches Khajuraho, guests enjoy an on-board breakfast at the themed restaurants of Maharaja Express namely- Rang Mahal and Mayur Mahal.
- On arrival, the guests prepare themselves to explore the Khajuraho temple (Western Group of Temples) and commence their spiritual adventure.
- Guests could return to the royal comfort or could enjoy the following:
- Sound and Light show
- Dance of India Show
- Spa facility at a 5-star hotel
- After having traversed Khajuraho, the guests enjoy a fulfilling dinner on-board while the train departs for the next destination- Varanasi.
Day 6- Varanasi: India’s Spiritual City
- While the guests give their taste buds a rest with the on-board breakfast, the express reaches Varanasi.
- The guests pay a visit to the Silk Weaving Centre followed by the mouth-watering lunch at Taj Gateway Palace.
- After enjoying the lunch, the guests visit the Sarnath Museum and ruins.
- To make sure that the cultural and spiritual side of India is showcased and enjoyed by the guests, they are given the experience of a boat ride in the holy Ganges and the evening aarti (prayers).
- To have dinner, the guests return to the luxury train.
- The guests relax on-board as the luxury express takes a turn towards Lucknow.
Day 7- Lucknow: The city of delicacies and adab (manners)
- Breakfast is enjoyed by the guests on-board while we reach Lucknow.
- The guests then set out to explore the Bara and Chota Imambara, Rumi Darwaza and The Residency followed by a live Kathak performance (classical folk dance) along with the authentic Awadhi Lunch at Vivanta by Taj.
- After having such an amazing day, the guests return to the Maharaja Express to enjoy an “Indian Evening” followed by a dinner.
- The luxury express then leaves for the final destination, where it all started- Delhi.
Day 8- Delhi:
- Guests will be served the on-board breakfast while the train routes for Delhi.
- On reaching the place from where the journey started, make sure you collect your valuable memories, and bid farewell to the luxurious express.