Day 1: Arrival in Delhi- Sawai Madhopur
- Your journey through the many gems of India begins once you reach the railway station. As soon as the formalities regarding the reservation and check-in are done, you are on-board.
- Guests are treated warmly on their arrival where they are offered a delicious welcome drink and are escorted to their rooms. The train then departs for Sawai Madhopur, which is the first tourism destination on the list.
- A great dinner on wheels experience is offered to the guests.
Day 2: Sawai Madhopur- Ranthambore National Park
- This day brings in a lot of adventure with it as the train reach Sawai Madhopur, the land of Ranthambore National Park. After relishing the breakfast, guests gear up for a great wildlife experience at one of the biggest national park of India which is also a tiger reserve. Animals that one can spot here are tigers, sambar deer, leopard, chital, nilgai antelope,jungle fowl, flycatchers, crocodile, quails, crested serpent eagle, partridges, woodpeckers and more.
- Ticking off the safari tour, the guests head back for filling their stomach with some great lunch. Post which they have a choice to go for a village tour. And the day is not complete without tea time at the Sawai Madhopur Lodge.
- At the dawn time, guests return to the train, enjoy their day and take rest for the fun of the upcoming day.
Day 3: Agra
- Every passing day is going be totally memorable for the guests, as on day 3 they witness the charming mausoleum of love, the Taj Mahal. Built by Shah Jahan in 1632 in the loving memory of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- Once you are done clicking photos, it’s time to leave the Taj Mahal and listen to your demanding stomach. Guests are escorted to a nearby hotel after which they can easily go to the Itmad-Ud-Daulah, this mausoleum is referred to as jewel box and baby Taj which was built by the mother of Shah Jahan. The Agra Fort is the last tourist attraction in Agra that guests cover for the day.
- One can choose to shop from the markets around or go for a relaxing spa experience.
- After covering all the tourist spots, guests proceed back to the train to unwind.
Day 4: Jaipur
- This day packs with it a tour to the city painted with the love of its admirers, Jaipur. While you finish off your breakfast, the luxury train reaches your destination for the day. The sightseeing tour begins from the one of the famous tourist attractions of Jaipur, Amer Fort. Blessed by Maharaja Mansingh in the 17th Century, this fort has been rewarded as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its historical importance and beauty.
- Next on the list is the Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, and City Palace.
- Taking a break from the exploring, the guests are taken to a city hotel where they can relish the flavours of Rajasthan. Post the lunch, guests can choose to travel to the local markets where they can treasure the bandhani fabrics, juttis(kind of footwear), bangles, paintings, and more such traditional things.
- With the end of the day, the guests return back to the train to savour dinner and get some rest for day 5.
Day 5: Udaipur
- The destination Deccan Odyssey touches next is the City of Lakes, Udaipur. Blessed with astounding forts and palaces, on one hand, Udaipur takes pride in having the Aravali Range and lakes on the other.
- The very first tourist spot to be covered on this day is the City Palace, which is the largest complex in the whole of Rajasthan. The palace is blessed with untimely grace and a Crystal Gallery. As soon as you are done with the sightseeing, Lake Pichola and Jagmandir Palace await your presence. Guests are treated the royal way, as the lunch is served here amid soothing music and scenic views.
- Guests can then move back to the train to relax and later head out for a city tour.
- Dinner is served to the guests and the train then departs for its next travel destination of the Indian Odyssey, Vadodara.
Day 6: Vadodara
- The luxury train takes you for a traditional and cultural experience on day 6 as it takes a turn to Vadodara, a city in Gujarat.
- Kickstart the day with a healthy breakfast and then head out for a tour to Champaner-Pavagadh Archeological Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The park is a part of the historical city of Champaner which embodies both Hindu and Islamic architectural styles.
- Delight your taste buds with delicious lunch when you head back to the train. Travellers can choose to stay back or go ahead and explore the Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum, an essential part of the Laxmi Vilas Palace. The building in the first place was built as a school for the kids of the Maharaja which presently is a museum which exhibits the belongings of the Maratha Royals and artworks collected by the Maharajas. Travellers can enjoy tea at the palace.
- As the day comes to an end, travellers push back to the train to savour the dinner and for the overnight stay.
Day 7: Aurangabad- Ellora Caves
- Day 7 brings with it a historically rich experience for the travellers, as they arrive in Aurangabad. Also known as the Mughal city, the land owns its name from the Great Emperor Aurangzeb.
- Guests can enjoy sleeping till late as the train reaches the destination around lunch time. Before setting out for the excursion, guests enjoy their lunch and the scenic view on the way.
- Upon arrival, guests can move towards the Ellora Caves, which are known as one of the largest rock-cut monastery cave complexes found in the world. There are 30 rock-cut shrines which date back to the 4th and 5th century AD.
- Post the tour, travellers make their way back to the luxury treatment that awaits them on the train. Dinner and overnight stay arranged beforehand.
Day 8: Mumbai
- Leaving all the tourism destinations behind and carrying just memories, the Deccan Odyssey then moves ahead to the last stop which is Mumbai. Breakfast is served to the guests after which they deboard the train and bid goodbye to their luxurious vacation.