Off the Jaipur-Amber road in a valley, one could see Gaitore, a prominent tourist attraction of Rajasthan where Kachhwaha Rajput kings and the members of the royal family were entombed. It is believed that the place got its name from the mispronounced form of the Hindi phrase, 'Gaye ka Thor,' which means resting place of the departed souls. The site was designed by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. After he ( Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II) shifted his capital to Jaipur in 1733, all the cremations of Kachhwaha King were done here, except for Maharaja Sawai Ishwari Singh. All the tombs here are constructed in the shape of chhatris (cenotaphs), which are the signature architectural style of Rajputs. All the chhatris have different carving, which is engraved as per the taste, stature, and power of the ruler it contains. Here one can see cenotaph of Sawai Ram Singh, Sawai Madho Singh, and Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. Amongst all these, Maharaja Jai Singh cenotaph is the most beautiful and finely carved, which also has approximately 20 pillars.