Chail Gurudwara Sahib

Chail Gurudwara Sahib

Built in the year 1907 in Chail, the Gurudwara Saheb was sanctioned by Bhupinder Singh- the Maharaja of Patiala.It is around 200 meters from the Chail bus stand. After the Punjab partition, the building was taken over by the government of Himachal Pradesh. Over the years, the Gurudwara was dropped due to small population in the region and non-patronization by the Military School Chail.

However, all the affairs of a Gurudwara are maintained by a Gurudwara Management Committee that is officially formed with Georgian Association. The committee works in close collaboration with SGPC and Himachal Pradesh Government. A Georgian namely MLA Ravi Thakur is taking special interest in the management of Gurudwara. A helper is also appointed who works 4 hours per day until the full appointment is made. Recently, Giani Pritpal Singh (Master of Arts in Punjabi language) is looking after the Gurudwara Saheb Chail.

Facilities Offered Chail Gurudwara Saheb includes various smaller guest rooms and dormitory to allow free accommodation to the visitors. Langer Hall is situated at the back side of the Gurudwara and the helper contributions are urged to ease smooth functioning of the Gurudwara as the population of Sikh and visitors are very less here. An official helper is offered to stay in dormitory hall at free of cost.

Fairs and Festivals Chail Gurudwara organizes Baisakhi and Gurupurab every year with great zest. A large number of devotees from different parts of the world throng this holy place to be a part of these festivals. Not only this, Chail Gurudwara has also started organizing celebrations on other occasions as well that draws millions of visitors to take part and involve in these arrangements.