Famous for its exceptionally striking architecture and marble carving, Dilwara temple is one of the most beautiful Jain temples in the world. The shrine is adorned with minute statuettes on the walls, gateways, archways, pillars, and panels. If one wants to soak themselves in religious spirits, then they should not miss an excursion to this temple on their tour to Mount Abu.
One step in this temple and visitors will be spellbound by its enchanting interiors. A profound example of the Nagara style of architecture, Dilwara temple was built between the 11th and the 13th century by Vastupal Tejpal. Within the temple there are 5 small temples:
- Vimal Vasahi (Shri Adi Nathji temple) dedicated to the first Jain Tirthankar, Lord Rishabh.
- Luna Vasahi (Shri Neminathji temple) dedicated to the 22nd Jain Tirthankar, Lord Neminatha.
- Pithalhar (Shri Rishabha Devji temple) dedicated to the first Jain Tirthankar, Lord Rishabh.
- Khartar Vasahi (Shri Parshva Nathji temple) dedicated to the 23rd Jain Tirthankar, Lord Parshva.
- Mahavir Swami (Shri Mahavir Swamiji temple) dedicated to the last Jain Tirthankar, Lord Mahavir.
Dilwara Jain Temples, Mount Abu, Rajasthan, 307501, India
12 Noon to 3: 00 PM, Open on all days