Permits for Foreign Tourists Arunachal Pradesh

All foreign tourists require a Protected Area Permit (PAP) for entering into Arunachal Pradesh. The permits can be obtained All Indian Missions abroad, All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai, Home Ministry, Govt. of India and Home Commissioner, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.

The permit requirements were relaxed for foreign tourists in 2008, and now generally only two or more people need to travel together to obtain the permit. However, single travelers can also obtain PAPs but their visit will be restricted to areas like Tawang, Bomdila and Ziro. Permits are available for a duration of 30 days (cannot be extended) for a cost $50 per person. The form is available online and has to be filled and duly submitted at any of the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO).

Permits For Foreigners

Arunachal Pradesh Travel Information at a Glance