Chandi Devi Temple Haridwar
Perched on the top of the Neel Parvat, Chandi Devi Temple is an important pilgrimage centre of Haridwar. It is believed that the principal deity of the temple was established by Saint Adi Shankarcharaya in the 8th century. Chandi Devi Temple is four km away from Haridwar and can be reached by trekking uphill or through a cable car. The current structure of the temple was constructed in 1929 by Suchan Singh, who was then the reigning King of Kashmir. Chandi Devi Temple is one of the Siddhpeeth, along with Maya Devi and Mansa Devi. Commonly known as Neel Parvat Teerth, the temple is also one of the Panch Tirth, five pilgrimage sites located in Haridwar. According to legends, the temple is situated at the same place where Chandi, the goddess born from the energies of the male divinities, killed Chand- Mund, and then Shumbha and Nishumbha.
After the divine darshan of the deity, tourist can further visit the dense forest on the other side of the Neel Parvat. Close to the main temple is another shrine scared to Anjana, mother of Lord Hanuman. If tourists are planning to trek on Neel Parvat, can visit the Neeleshwar Temple, which is located in the foothills of the Neel Parvat. Chandi Devi Temple bustles with devotees during the festival of Chandi Chaudas, Navratri, and the Kumbha Mela in Haridwar to seek the blessings of the divinity. Leather accessories, alcohol and non-vegetarian food are strictly prohibited in the temple.
Chandi Devi Padestrian Marg, Pathari Forest Range, Uttarakhand 249408