Day 1: Delhi-Agra: Arrival, followed by the excitement of seeing the Taj Mahal
- Your Indian Splendour journey starts with your arrival at Safdarjung Railway Station. Get in touch with our representative and complete your check in formalities at Safdarjung Railway Station. Board the Maharajas’ Express.
- You are treated to a wonderful brunch followed by a tour briefing onboard. Arrive at Agra and proceed towards the Taj Mahal. Enjoy sightseeing and photography.
- You can either choose to return to the comforts of the Taj Mahal or enjoy the Mohabbat The Taj Show, which is based on the love story of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan and his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. You can also treat yourself to the pleasures of a spa at a hotel.
- Enjoy your dinner followed by an overnight stay onboard.
Day 2: Agra-Ranthambore: Nothing beats the thrill of going on a game drive at Ranthambore
- Today, you see be visiting the Agra Fort, which served as the residence of the Mughal emperors till 1638, when the capital was shifted to Delhi. You also have the option of visiting Itmad-ud-Daulah Tomb.
- Return to the train for a delicious breakfast onboard. The next stop is Ranthambore National Park, and the Maharajas’ Express commences its journey towards Sawai Madhopur Railway Station. Lunch will be served onboard.
- After reaching Sawai Madhopur Railway Station, proceed towards Ranthambore National Park, one of India’s top places for wildlife safari holidays, for a game drive.
- After exploring the flora and fauna of Ranthambore, make your way back towards the Maharajas’ Express. The next destination of your Indian Splendour journey is Jaipur.
- Dinner is followed by an overnight stay onboard.
Day 3: Jaipur- A World Heritage City that charms you at first sight
- The train arrives at Jaipur. Start your day with a wonderful breakfast.
- An incredible sightseeing experience awaits you at Amber Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From Zenana Quarters to Sheesh Mahal, every corner of this grand structure leave you captivated. You also have the option of enjoying a spa treatment at a hotel or visiting the City Palace and Jantar Mantar (also known as the Observatory), two famous tourist attractions in Jaipur. Go ahead and take a local city tour if that’s what you feel like.
- Return to the Maharajas’ Express where a delicious lunch awaits you. Rest, relax and enjoy the comforts of the train.
- Then, head towards the Rambagh Palace for dinner. Rambagh Palace is a 5 star hotel belonging to the Taj Group of Hotels. Once the residence of Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II and his wife, Gayatri Devi, it has hosted renowned personalities like Lord Louis Mountbatten, Jacqueline Kennedy and Prince Charles. Return to the Maharajas’ Express, which resumes its journey to the next destination, Bikaner.
Day 4: Bikaner- The sights & sounds of rural Rajasthan
- Wonderful scenic images of the rural areas meet your eyes as you start your day with a breakfast. The train arrives at Bikaner. You have the option of either relaxing onboard or opting for optional activities, which involve a visit to the Lalgarh Museum or a local city tour. Lunch is served onboard.
- Post lunch, set off to visit the Junagarh Fort, one of the few forts in Rajasthan which is not built on a hilltop. Sheer magnificence in reflected in its colossal proportions and its gates, temples and palaces.
- Next, you are taken to the sand dunes that Rajasthan is famous for. Here, you can enjoy sundowners which consists of cocktails accompanied with barbecue. A folk dance show makes your evening as lively as it can be. Return to the train.
Maharajas’ Express departs for Jodhpur. Overnight stay onboard.
Day 5: Jodhpur- Where forts & palaces abound
- A hearty breakfast awaits you in the morning, as the train gradually reaches Jodhpur.
- There are two ways you can enjoy your time at Jodhpur. One, you can take an optional tour to Bishnoi village to explore their way of life or head towards a hotel to pamper yourself to a spa treatment.
- You also have the option of visiting Umaid Bhawan Palace and Jaswant Thada. Umaid Bhawan is the largest private residence of the world and the only palace built in the 20th century. Lunch is served onboard.
- The next place which you will visit is Mehrangarh Fort, counted among the most famous forts and palaces in Rajasthan. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it rises 100 feet and easily dominates Jodhpur’s skyline.
- This is followed by a walking tour of the Old Clock Tower Market. You can also enjoy a ride on a tuk tuk, which is funny, enjoyable and the local way of exploring things.
- Your next stop is at Hanwant Mahal or Khaas Bagh, where you can enjoy an exclusive cocktail dinner.
- Return to the Maharajas’ Express for an overnight stay. The next stop in your journey is Udaipur.
Day 6: Udaipur- Of lakes and palaces
- Your day begins with a wonderful breakfast. Arrive in Udaipur, famously known as the
“city of lakes”.
- After arriving, you will be treated to a boat ride at Lake Pichola. The lake is surrounded by famous attractions like Lake Palace, Jag Mandir, City Palace and Mohan Mandir.
- Other famous attractions in Udaipur which you will visit are City Palace and Crystal Gallery.
- Lunch will be served at Satkar Hall of Fateh Prakash Palace.
- Return to the train post lunch. Rest, relax and enjoy the comforts onboard the train even as it makes its way to Mumbai.
- Enjoy a indian evening onboard followed by a delightful dinner.
Day 7: Mumbai- Hope you enjoyed the trip
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast which is served onboard. Enjoy the sights which greet you as the train makes its way towards Mumbai. It is interesting to observe the changes in the landscape, people and houses. Enjoy your lunch onboard.
- Maharajas’ Express arrives at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus in Mumbai. This lovely trip comes to an end.