Your wait to enjoy the soul soothing hospitality of Kerala is over as the state government decided that all the tourist places in Kerala ahead of Onam will be accessible to the domestic visitors from Mondays to Saturdays.
In the absence of foreign visitors, the tourism sector of Kerala has sustained a loss of 33,000crore from March to December 2020 and 7000 crores in Forex according to the tourism minister PA Mohamed Riyas.
The forest department of Kerala has also decided to open all the eco-tourism zones for the tourists. All the destinations including beaches, houseboat services and beaches will be open and all the Covid-19 guidelines suggested by the government will be followed strictly.
Located on the South Western tip of India Kerala is one of the most beautiful destinations to visit in India. It is the lap of lush green trails, mesmerizing hill stations, serene beaches, pristine backwaters, magnificent temples and exotic wildlife. Tourists from all over India and the world visit Kerala to become one with nature. It is fondly called “God’s Own Country”. Lip smacking cuisines, colorful festivals, rich heritage and culture and various art forms compels the tourist to set their foot on its pristine shores and leave with fond memories. If you are planning a trip to India, ‘God’s Own Country’ – Kerala is the most beautiful place to be in.
Recommended Kerala Tourism Packages
Reopened Tourism Destinations in Kerala
Kerala again welcomes all the tourists on its shores to enjoy its beautiful destinations and soothing hospitality. Government has laid new Covid-19 guidelines for the visitors to travel Kerala safely. If you are planning your holidays in Kerala, this is the best time to enjoy the lush greenery and cool climate of God’s own country. The places that are reopened for the visitors are –
- Eco Tourism Zones under the Forest Department.
- Destinations including beaches, backwaters, houseboat services and hill stations.
- The festival of Onam will also be celebrated on a digital platform which showcases various art, culture and cuisines.
- Places like Munnar and Idukki are also opening for tourists. The Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari in Munnar has also reopened for tourists.
- Destinations under the District Tourism Promotion Council (DTPC) are reopening.
- Periyar Tiger Reserve is also ready to welcome the visitors.
- Eravikulam National Park, Chinnar, Rajamala, Vattavada are reopening in compliance with Government’s covid-19 protocol.
- Backwaters of Alappuzha, Kopttayam and Wayanad will be ready to take the tourists into a magical world of serenity. These are some of the most popular destinations to visit in Kerala.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Covid-19 Government Guidelines for Kerala Tourism 2021
- Persons who have taken at least one dose of vaccine before two weeks are allowed to visit the tourist destinations in Kerala.
- Persons who have an RT-PCR Negative certificate of less than 72 hours are allowed to enjoy Kerala Tourism.
- Persons who have covid positive results more than a month old are allowed to visit Kerala.
- Status of the vaccines of the employees in tourist centers and other establishments will be shown along with the total number of tourists permitted at a time.
- Bio- Bubble model will be allowed for accommodation facilities like Hotels and Resorts in Kerala.
- For boating, the number of tourists will be regulated to avoid crowding.
- The buses for tourists in Eravikulam will be sanitized after every trip.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Latest Plans for Kerala Tourism – Update on Kerala Tourism
- Kerala Tourism is ready to follow all the government Covid-19 guidelines.
- The season of Onam will boost tourism in Kerala according to Tourism stakeholders.
- At Eravikulam National Park, 340 tourists will be allowed per hour. 2280 Tourists will be allowed per day in a park.
- The vaccine drive for Munnar Tourism sector is complete.
- Government will take initiatives to boost tourism and ‘explain to other states about the situation of Kerala which would help more people to visit the State’ said E M Najeeb, president of Confederation of Kerala Tourism Industry.
- According to Tourism Minister PA Mohamed Riyas, the tourism department will bring out an app which would link all the unexplored destinations in Kerala to provide details about tourist destinations in Kerala.
- Contentment Zones will be closed for the safety of the people.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Bliss never ends in Kerala. We hope that this blog will help you to take necessary measures if you are planning a trip to Kerala. If you are seeking peace from the chaos of life then visiting Kerala would be one of the best options. The fresh tint of the green trees, scenic beaches and wildlife will be the most beautiful sights to behold. If you have any other questions, you can ask in the comment section.
Other Important Kerala Tourism Links
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Is Kerala Open for Tourism?
Yes, the state government has decided to reopen all the tourist destinations from 9th August 2021 for the tourists to enjoy Kerala Tourism.
Q.What are the Covid-19 guidelines to follow to visit Kerala?
Those who follow these guidelines are allowed to visit Kerala-
- Those who have taken at least one dose of vaccine before two weeks are allowed.
- Those who have an RT-PCR Negative certificate of less than 72 hours are allowed.
- Persons who have covid positive results more than a month old are allowed.
Q.Are we allowed to do adventure activities in Kerala?
Domestic Tourism is at its peak in India nowadays. With the reopening of all the tourist destinations, tourists will also be able to enjoy the best of adventure sports by following all the social distancing Norms. You can do adventure activities in Kerala.
About the author
She is a candle who burns and melts in the chaos of infinity, from where her visceral whistles and leaves an imprint of desire in her heart to know the map of an Island where there are different sunrises and sunsets. Her curiosity brightens to conquer the hearts unrelieved and sometimes mysterious. Her name is - Pallavi Roy - A traveller by soul and a writer by Profession.