Romancing in God’s own country…
Kerala- God’s own country is a dreamy landscape where everything is utopic. You turn your eyes towards the top of majestic mountains, the mountain will perhaps smile at you in euphoria. Lush green canopies and dense forests will never cease to be like an empyrean domain. Verdant backwaters will take you away from the chaos of cities, where romance is everywhere in different forms. Twitter of birds and beautiful nature resounds in glory the legacy of Kerala.
Here blossomed flowers and marvelous trees will make you feel the blessing of togetherness.
If you are looking for a wonderful romantic getaway in Kerala and have already imagined yourself romancing in these picturesque landscapes, then let us help you with our top 12 best honeymoon destinations of Kerala.
- Poovar Island
Popular Kerala Honeymoon Tour Packages
Munnar – Paradise of honeymooners
Munnar left a lasting mark in the hearts of honeymooners in the form of enchanting forests, pristine valleys, picturesque mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, beautiful tea plantations and cascading waterfalls. Munnar is a place where you see the beauty of nature at its best.
If you are planning a honeymoon trip to Munnar then Munnar honeymoon packages offer delightful experience to the newlyweds. Be it walking in the scenic plantations, thrilling treks and mountain trails or beautiful sightseeing of indigenous tribal villages and enjoying some quality time by embracing the solitude of nature- Munnar has it all. It is one of the best places to visit in Kerala for Honeymoon.
Top things to do for couples in Munnar
- Nature walks around Mattupetty Lake
- Visiting the Tea Museum and the romantic candlelight dinner at the tea garden is the best thing to do for couples in Munnar
- Embrace the tranquil vibes of Sandalwood forest
- Romantic night at Tree house would be the best thing ever.
- Adventure seeking couples! Get ready for Meesapulimala trekking
- Munnar Shopping – Shop for your beloved
- Munnar has some best honeymoon hotels and resorts, which provides comfortable stay to the couples.
Also Check out: Popular Points of Interest in Munnar
Alleppey- Venice of the East
The beauty of Alleppey never ceases to attract honeymooners. Backwater cruise along the rural backwaters, tranquil Vembanad lake, scenic narrow canals, lush greenery of the vegetation around backwaters and breathtaking coconut groves makes Alleppey the first choice for the newlyweds in Kerala. It is said that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but here beauty lies in every mile of Alleppey. It’s scenic beauty is the ideal setting for the honeymooners in Kerala.
Top things to do for couples in Alleppey
- Ayurvedic Couple spa is one of the best things to do in Alleppey.
- Romantic stay at the backwaters of Alleppey or a comfortable stay at Luxury hotels and resorts will be the best honeymoon experience.
- Strolling on beaches and witnessing the mesmerizing sunset is the best thing in Alleppey.
- Embrace the quaint village life of Kuttanad.
- Thrill of kayaking for the thrill seeking couples.
- You can also try Toddy – local alcohol in Alleppey.
- Divine blessings of almighty from the temples of Alleppey would be delightful.
Also Check out: Popular Points of Interest in Alleppey
Wayanad -Crowning glory of Kerala
Your experience of honeymoon will elevate to a whole new level in Wayanad. What makes Wayanad one of the best places of Honeymooners in Kerala is its enchanting and breathtaking wilderness. It is surrounded by the mountains of Western Ghats.
Numerous trekking trails, adventure sports, exotic beaches and shorelines, dark forests and scenic plantations is a perfect romantic setting to feel the romance in perfect harmony. The most intriguing part of Wayanad is that it never gets monotonous. There are amazing adventure activities in Wayanad to enrich your honeymoon experience in Kerala.
Top things to do for couples in Wayanad
- Pookot Lake in the center of enchanting forests is an ideal setting for a romantic date.
- Sentinel rock falls is the fairytale-like landscape to spend some quality time with a beloved.
- Kuruva Island has romantic vibes which makes it the best place in Wayanad for couples.
- Sunrise Valley- Enchanting wilderness, exotic wildlife, dense forests and picturesque views – what’s your pick for a romantic moment?
- Vellarimala Trek would be a soul soothing experience for the couples.
- Banasura Sagar – Feel the crispy air of mountains by holding each other’s hand.
Also check out: Popular Tourist Attractions in Wayanad
Vagamon – Song Filled Surroundings
Love and joy both reside in the surroundings of Vagamon, hence it is the most highlighted destination in Kerala Honeymoon itinerary. From mystical hills, verdant nature’s magnificence, soul soothing and joyous treks to pine forests and lush green meadows to serene nature walks and mesmerizing views of cascading streams, Vagamon is a perfect place to express your love and enjoy romantic time together. Vagamon’s beautiful landscapes make it a natural choice for newlyweds.
Top things to do for couples in Vagamon
- Romance is incomplete without adventure, enjoy the thrill of paragliding in Vagamon.
- Off-roading to lush green meadows and pine forests would be a delightful experience
- Nature walks to the scenic places like Kurisumala, Moonmala, and Thangal para, Murugan Para are the best places to visit for newlyweds in Vagamon.
- Romantic stay in the luxury hotels and resorts in Vagamon would make your honeymoon memorable.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Kumarakom- Romantic Landscape
Scenic views and tranquil vibes of Kumarakom best resonate with your heart’s cheerful vibes like two pendulum clocks in resonance synchronize themselves. This quaint village of Kumarakom is an absolute pleasure for newlyweds.
It is the best place to be in if you want to explore something really soul pleasing. Twitter of birds like Darters, waterfowls, herons, egrets will make your morning melodious. Staying in the exquisite houseboats in the verdant backwaters of Kumarakom makes Kumarakom a sweet celestial abode for honeymooners.
Top things to do for Couples in Kumarakom
- Your honeymoon experience is incomplete without exploring the scenic views of Kumarakom backwaters. Explore marine life. Kettuvallam is quite popular in Kumarakom.
- Rural settings in Kumarakom will delight your soul.
- Pathiramanal Island is the best place to find solace in togetherness.
- Luxury resorts and romantic resorts are sure to please in Kumarakom.
Also check out: Popular Tourist Attractions in Kumarakom
Bekal- Peaceful yet Lofty
The historic keyhole shaped fort, verdant backwaters, amazing views of Arabian Sea and golden sands of beaches- This is Bekal for you. The exquisite scenic setting makes it one of the best honeymoon tour package destinations in Kerala. In Bekal you will experience secluded serenity and eternal peace. Harmony of nature will pierce your soul. It is one of the most sought after destinations to visit in Kerala.
Top things to do for couples in Bekal
- Beautiful solitude of Kappil Beach will blow your heart away.
- Lovely resorts and scenic views of Nileshwar Beach are one of a kind.
- Bekal is a land of Beaches. Bekal Beach, Pallikere Beach, Hosdurg Beach are some popular beaches to visit in Bekal for newlyweds.
- Bekal is also popular for numerous amazing picnic spots and historical forts like Bekal fort and Chandragiri Fort.
- Holy blessings are important while starting a new life after marriage. You must visit Ananthapura Lake temple.
- Valiyaparamba Backwaters is the best thing to enjoy in Bekal.
Also Read: Top Things to Do on Bekal Beach Kerala
Palakkad- Utopic and surreal
Dream like landscape of Palakkad is an ideal destination to fulfill your honeymoon dreams. Its scenic and lofty setting attracts the couples to spend some memorable time to cherish forever. It is one of the most popular destinations in Kerala Honeymoon Packages.
Palakkad has a romantic vibe. Eye pleasing mist concealing the hills, music filled mornings, fascinating dams for picnic and scenic villages will be a perfect setting for the couples to hold hands and walk together while looking up to the surreal dusk laden sky. Palakkad is also popular for its historical forts and palace. Don’t forget to revel in the charms of bygone days.
Top things to do for couples in Palakkad
- Seek divine blessings in the temple of Vadakkanthara, Chittur kavu devi and Thiruvalathur Randu Moorthy Temple.
- Embrace the historic vibes of Palakkad Fort and Kollengode palace.
- How about romantic nature walks in Attappady, Rock garden, Ottapalam and Dhoni Waterfalls?
- Meenkara Dam, Parambikulam Dam and Mangalam Dam are some of the best picnic spots to spend romantic moments.
- Exotic wildlife and pristine wilderness of Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary and silent Valley National Park will make your honeymoon trip to Kerala special.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Idukki – Paradise on Earth
The beauty that you behold in Idukki will be ephemeral but the memories you create here will last forever. The charm of Idukki is a thing of beauty and delight forever. From diverse wildlife sanctuaries to soul soothing hill stations dipped in delicious weather, to scenic dams, emerald green plantations, mountain treks and elephant rides, Idukki is considered as an ideal romantic escape for honeymooners in Kerala.
Top things to do for couples in Idukki
- Lush wildlife and romantic setting – Idukki wildlife sanctuary is a place to be in.
- Try water sports like rafting and canoeing, paragliding, trekking, hiking and jungle safaris for a spine chilling experience.
- Delightful romantic date in Cavalry Mount, Ilaveezha Poonchira, Keezharkuthu falls awaits your soul soothing presence.
- Take holy blessings of Mangala Devi for thousand years of togetherness.
- Strolling at the largest hanging bridge of Ayyappancoil will be a pleasing experience.
- Lush plantations and cascades of Anakkara is a journey to heaven.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Kumily- Delightfully Chaotic Vibes
The splendid energy and mesmerizing landscapes of this offbeat gem in Kerala would always seduce the senses of newlyweds. The environment of Kumily is decked with spice and tea plantations. It has still kept its colonial charm intact. Exotic wildlife, aromatic plantations, delicious weather, mesmerizing views of nature makes your honeymoon in Kerala one of the best experiences of your life.
Top things to do for couples in Kumily
- Periyar National Park’s exquisite flora and fauna is a delightful sight to behold.
- Trekking through Pandikuzhi will surely bring you joy of being together.
- Tea and spice plantations is a unique experience to understand the soul of Kumily.
- Embrace the beauty of Thekkady Lake, Boating is the best thing to do here.
Also Read: Best Hill Stations to Visit in Kerala
Kovalam – Feel beyond the range of feelings
Let’s go to a calm fishing village of Kovalam where happiness knows no bounds. In this beach paradise of the south, dip yourself in the rhythm of the cool breeze on sandy beaches. Embrace the romantic vibes of this soulful place. Let’s enjoy the beauty of the absolutely breathtaking Arabian Sea. Each view of Kovalam seems utopic. It is one of the best places to go in Kerala for honeymooners. Here you will go beyond the range of feelings to feel the vibe of this celestial abode called Kovalam.
Top things to do for couples in Kovalam
- Hawa Beach, Lighthouse Beach and Samudra Beach are some of the best places to visit for a romantic date.
- Kovalam is a wonderful place for Ayurvedic spa, yoga in yoga retreats to rejuvenate your soul.
- Adventure activities like parasailing, windsurfing and snorkelling are some of the best things to do in Kovalam,
- Nightlife, candlelight dinner and music in Kovalam will be the best experience.
- Valiyathura Pier is the best spot to click romantic pictures.
- Alluring Vellayani Lake is a must visit place in Kovalam.
- Colonial Halcyon Castle will take you back in time of the Raj era.
- Kovalam has some of the best honeymoon hotels and resorts of Kerala.
Recommended Tour Packages
Poovar Island- Island of Serenity
The pleasing surroundings of Poovar Island is radiant with some supreme insight. Perfect for the newlywed couples, this unexplored Island offers amazing glances of the most serene backwaters, picturesque Arabian Sea and dreamy sand beaches.
This island resort is cladded with coconut gardens, comfortable floating cottages and villas which is an absolute heaven for spending romantic moments. Just imagine yourself hypnotized by the soul soothing views of the cottages afloat on backwaters with your partner. Your visit to Kerala for honeymoon vacation would be delightful if you are planning to visit Poovar Island. So, what do you say? Isn’t it worth visiting?
Top things to do for couples in Poovar Island
- Romantic stay in the floating cottages of the backwaters of Poovar Island.
- Embrace the sun-splashed beaches of Kovalam and Shankumugham.
- Vizhinjam cave dates back to the 8th century and is one of the best places to visit in Poovar Island.
- Don’t miss the architectural wonder of Kuthira Malika Palace.
- Enjoy Luxurious stay in honeymoon Resorts and Ayurvedic resorts for the most memorable experience.
Also Check out: Popular Tourist Attractions in Poovar
Varkala- Mind Boggling Peaceful paradise of Kerala
Varkala is a place where you can redefine your definition of love. Not only it has calm and tranquil vibes but it offers some of the best sights to visit in Kerala, the memories of which will be etched to your soul forever. Feeling the blessing of togetherness while watching the chain of mesmerizing sights that unfold around you and pondering life’s deepest question is what you can cherish forever in Varkala with your partner. It is less crowded. Honeymooners can spend the moments of happiness in the land of Varkala where the atmosphere is always enchanting.
Top things for couples to do in Varkala
- Varkala Beach is one of the best places to visit in Kerala for Honeymoon.
- 200 year old Vishnu Temple is a must visit place for a delightful honeymoon experience.
- Historical charm of Anjengo Fort, Lighthouse and Kilimanoor Palace are sure to please you on your Kerala Honeymoon Tour.
- Yoga retreats and local cultural centers near north cliff will be a useful insight to Varkala’s culture.
- Peaceful day at Ponnumthuruthu Island is an ideal romantic escape in Varkala.
- Parasailing, banana boat rides and Jet skiing are some of the top adventure activities to do in Varkala.
Also Read: Top Tourist Attractions in Varkala
Kerala offers enchanting landscapes to feel the blessing of togetherness. It is a land where the soul and mind rejuvenate with tranquility. From exotic locations to most adventurous trails Kerala has it all and it is one of the best destinations in India for newlywed couples. We hope that your heart will be delighted in the above mentioned destinations.
Other Popular Honeymoon Tour Packages for Kerala
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.How to enjoy romantic vacation in Kerala?
Kerala offers most amazing scenes to enjoy a perfect romantic moment with your loved one, some of the best ways to enjoy in Kerala are –
- Scenic sightseeing in Kerala will make your day. It is always a background for a romantic setting.
- Relaxing in Ayurvedic Spas, Kerala is quite popular for that.
- Relish traditional delicacies of Kerala like Dosa, Idiyappam, Erissery, Appam, Idli sambar and Kerala style prawn curry.
- Luxurious stays, resorts, backwater cruises in houseboats are the best things to enjoy in Kerala.
- Visiting Kerala during festivals would be an awesome way to experience real Kerala and spend romantic moments.
Q.What is the best time to visit Kerala for Honeymoon?
The months of October to March is considered as the best time to visit Kerala for Honeymoon, it is a peak season to visit in Kerala. The weather would be very pleasant this time for sightseeing and other tourist activities.
Q. What are the best honeymoon destinations in Kerala during Monsoon?
Monsoon brings rainfall and during this time Kerala gives the most beautiful views of lush green vegetation, meadows and valleys. Some of the best honeymoon destinations to visit in Kerala during Monsoon are -/p>
Q.What are the best honeymoon destinations in Kerala during the winter season?
Away from the hustle bustle of city life, to enjoy some romantic moments couples prefer to visit Kerala during winters, the weather is pleasant for sightseeing and other tourist activities during winter season in Kerala. Some of the best honeymoon destinations in Kerala during winter season are -
- Silent Valley