Nearer and nearer, we are drifting towards the Season of Summer which is invigoratingly inviting and luring the tourists to visit North India. The North Indian Himalayas states like Uttarakhand, Himachal, and Jammu & Kashmir & Ladakh is blessed with abundant Hill Stations that will delight your soul and seduce your senses.
You have to agree that the season of summer is not as fancy in plains as compared to the blissful hill stations of North India. Harsh climate of plains restricts us to go outside and enjoy which gives a sense of frustration and gloom in the heart. Summer is a great time for hill station holidays as in the season of summer, tourists get to see different vibes of North India to cherish as a memory.
North India has blissful destinations for the travellers of all kinds; be it the exquisite natural wonders for the inspiration of artists, poets and nature lovers; plethora of adventure activities like trekking, paragliding, rafting, rock climbing, camping and jungle safaris for adventure seekers; Numerous picnic spots and parks with fun activities to enjoy with family and friends, solace and bliss for honeymooners and the most unique and divine pilgrimage destinations to quench your spiritual thirst.
All these treasures are rare to find in a single region but North India is unique. Its unique cup of wide range of tourist activities, beautiful places, pilgrimage places, adventure activities makes north India one of the best summer getaway.
Here is a list of the top 12 Hill stations to visit in North India in the summer season which will soothe your heart and seduce your senses –
- Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- Kanatal, Uttarakhand
- Lamayuru, Ladakh
- Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
- Binsar, Uttarakhand
- Shoja, Himachal
- Dhanaulti, Uttarakhand
- Karsog, Himachal
- Nainital, Uttarakhand
- Dalhousie, Himachal
- Almora, Uttarakhand
- Kausani, Uttarakhand
Popular Hill Station Tour Packages in India
Solan – Definition of Solace
Surrounded by the lofty Matiul Peak in the east and Koral Peak in the north, Solan is a land where bliss never dies. It is a thing of beauty and joy forever. Solan is one of the best Hill stations to visit in North India in summer. The quaint town of Solan is popularly known as the ‘City of Red Gold’ and ‘Mushroom Capital of India’, thanks to the abundant growth of Tomato and mushroom in this blissful region.
Solan is decked with lofty hill slopes and serene ancient temples. Cool weather, serene environment, Scenic hills, spicy food and Solan fair which is celebrated with great pomp in the month of June makes Solan one of the top summer destinations in North India. If you want some quiet time away from the chaos of the city then solace is a perfect place for you. visiting North India without visiting Solan would be an incomplete experience of a North India holidays.
Top Things to Do in Solan
- Meditate in the serenity of Bon Monastery.
- Tranquil vibes and divine blessings of Shoolini Mata in the Shoolini Mata Temple are waiting for you.
- Revel in the historical charms of Dagshai Jail Museum. It was a British Prison.
- The 800 years old charm of Kuthar Fort will blow your heart away.
- Solan Brewery is one of the most visited places in Solan. It is one of the oldest breweries of India.
Also Read: Best Places to Places in Himachal Pradesh
Kanatal- Offbeat Gem of Himalayas
Kanatal is one of the offbeat destinations in North India. It is a hidden gem of the Himalayas. Kanatal got its name from Kanatal Lake which does not exist anymore. The whole landscape of Kanatal is dotted with magnificent Himalayas and serene valleys.
It is also one of the best weekend getaways to visit with family and from destinations like Delhi, Dehradun, Mussoorie, Haridwar & Rishikesh. Kanatal is not only decked with pristine beauty but it is also famous for adventure activities. Blissful weather of Kanatal, tranquil lakes, ancient temples, forests makes Kanatal one of the best hill stations to visit in North India in summer.
Top Things to Do in and around Kanatal
- Sightseeing in Kanatal is one of the blissful experiences of North India Vacations. Surkanda Devi, Tehri Dam, Chamba, Kodia Jungle, Mussoorie are some of the most popular tourist destinations in and around Kanatal.
- Kanatal offers amazing adventure activities to the tourists. Trekking, Rock climbing, Rappelling and valley crossing etc are some of the best things to do in Kanatal.
- Camping under the star- laden sky with a bliss of bonfire, barbeque is a wonderful experience.
- Jungle Safari in Kodia Forest and spotting wildlife are some of the best things in Kanatal.
- Simple lifestyle in the local homestays of Kanatal is an experience of a lifetime.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Lamayuru – Blissful Moonscape
Lamayaru never ceases to attract tourists throughout the year because of its Lunar landscape. It is popularly known as the ‘Moon land of Ladakh’. It houses the oldest monastery of Ladakh. It is a scenic village with blissful vibes. According to the legends Lamayuru was once a lake that dried up. It is one of the most highlighted destinations in the Leh Ladakh tourism package.
The village of Lamayuru looks mind boggling on a full moon night. Cool climate, picturesque landscapes and old monasteries make Lamayuru one of the best tourist destinations in North India Himalayas. Because of its odd geographical formations Lamayuru is the perfect haunt for Photographers.
Top Things to Do in Lamayuru
- Lamayuru Monastery is one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh. It’s a must visit place in Lamayuru.
- Camping on scenic Srinagar – Leh highway and Lamayuru village will be a soul soothing experience.
- Want to watch monks doing yoga and meditation? You must visit Lamayuru’s yoga retreat center for solace.
- Trekking trails from Lamayuru to Darcha or Wanla is a bliss.
Ranikhet – Perfect Summer Getaway
If you want to witness the best scenic vistas and soul soothing natural beauty of Uttarakhand, then you must consider Ranikhet in your North India Tour. It is one of the best scenic hill stations in India.
Serene Vibes of the beautiful gardens of apple, apricots, pine trees, enchanting forests and cascading waterfalls never ceases to attract tourists. Be it a spiritual retreat, bliss of solace seekers, leisure time for family and friends or pristine wilderness and pleasant climate – Ranikhet seduces the senses of the travelers of all kinds.
For honeymooners and family vacationers, this blissful place comes under the top 10 most visited hill stations of Uttarakhand.
Top Things to Do in & around Ranikhet
- Drink serene drops of solace and spirituality in the divine temples of Ranikhet. Ram Mandir, Dunagiri Temple, Mankameshwar Temple, Haidakhan Temple, Jhula Devi Temple are some of the must visit temples in Ranikhet.
- Jungle themed Ashiyana Park is one of the best places to spend time with family and friends with Ranikhet. This makes Ashiyana Park one of the best places to visit in Ranikhet.
- Nature walks in the soul soothing Chaubatia gardens and the bliss of scenic lush greenery around will blow your heart away.
- Bhalu Dam- It is one of the most popular picnic spots to spend time with your family and friends. Scenic views of majestic Himalayan Peaks will soothe your soul.
- Upat Golf Course- One of the best places to visit for Golf enthusiasts.
- Majkhali – It is 12km from Ranikhet. Majkhali is famous for its scenic views of Himalayan peaks and Goddess Kali Temple.
Recommended Tour Packages
Binsar – Soul Soothing Heaven
Far away from the chaos of the city lies the sleepy hill station of Binsar in Uttarakhand. Binsar provides visual treat to tourist by offering scenic views of Himalayan Peaks of Chaukhamba, Nanda Kot, Panchachuli, Kedarnath from Binsar Zero Point.
It is a hub of tranquility and bliss for wildlife enthusiasts. The pristine wilderness of Binsar wildlife sanctuary is decked with rich flora and fauna, which is enough to blow your heart away.
The beauty of Binsar has the capacity to turn anyone into a poet or artist. Nature walks in the scenic village of Binsar is one of the best things to do in Binsar. It is an ideal summer getaway in North India to visit with family.
Top Things to Do in and around Binsar
- Binsar Trek, Paragliding, Bird watching, forest walks and Rafting are some of the top things to do in Binsar.
- Spot amazing flora and fauna in the wilderness of Binsar wildlife Sanctuary.
- Binsar Zero Point is one of the best places to visit in Binsar. It offers scenic views of majestic Himalayan Ranges.
- Seek holy blessings from Lord Shiva in Bineshwar Mahadev Temple.
- Binsar Sanctuary Museum offers a useful insight into the biodiversity of Binsar.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Shoja- Offbeat one in Himachal
Shoja is a much needed summer retreat for a toil-weary soul. It is one of the offbeat destinations to visit in North India. Absolutely beautiful Shoja is cradled high in conifers and deodars. Snow clad peaks will gaze at you in bliss whenever you visit the blissful shores of Shoja.
It serves as a link between Kullu and Shimla. Every mile in Shoja reveals bliss. You gaze at trees you will be able to see the soul soothing dance of tree leaves. This is a place where birds sing with joy. Awesome weather is enough to make your day.
Shoja is a beautiful world of colors spread everywhere. Travelling to Shoja will make your holidays in North India blissful. There is nothing much to do in this offbeat charm. Just relax and enjoy the bliss of scenic views. Serolsar Lake, Jalori Pass, Tirthan Valley and Raghupur fort are some of the popular tourist attractions in and around Shoja.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Dhanaulti- Journey of a lifetime
Ever thought about strolling through the small and beautiful places full of serenity and tranquility, where natural beauty allows you to discover your soul, if yes, then Dhanaulti is a right place for you.
This small town near Mussoorie does not have much to see in terms of tourist attractions but a bliss of solitude, picturesque views, and cool weather is the promise that has made Dhanaulti one of the best hill stations it is today.
It is one of the best weekend getaways for nature lovers and solace seekers. This place has kept its simplicity intact as it does not have any fancy hotels and modern restaurants. Its simplicity and solitude with picturesque views delights your soul. This makes Dhanaulti one of the best hill stations to visit in North India during summer season.
Top Things to Do in & around Dhanaulti
- Scenic hiking trails to Lal Tibbba, Gun hill, Kunjapuri will blow your heart away.
- Valley crossing, sky walking, camping, rappelling, rock climbing, mountain biking, boating, quad biking, zip climbing and swinging, paragliding and skating are some of the best things to do in Dhanaulti.
- Scenic village walks would be a blissful experience in Dhanaulti.
- Breathtaking tour of potato farms is a mesmerizing sight to behold.
Also Read: Best Snowfall Tourist Places in Uttarakhand
Karsog – Small yet Sublime
Karsog is a small but a very sublime hill station surrounded by Himalayan peaks. Its blissful weather, emerald green plantations, fruit orchards and picturesque landscapes blow your heart away. Far away from the chaos of the city, Karsog is a heaven sent blessing for nature lovers.
Karsog is also very popular for its trekking activities. The terrain of Karsog is very suitable for trekking. Mahu Nag, Kamru Nag, Shikari Devi and Dhamoon Naag are some popular treks.
There are very small and beautiful hamlets near Karsog to enjoy and relax. This makes Karsog one of the best places to visit with family and friends. It’s a perfect summer destination to visit in North India.
Karsog comes from two words Kar and Shok which means ‘daily mourning’. It is believed that a human eating demon used to eat villagers everyday causing daily mourning. One day Bhima, one of the five Pandavas saved the villagers by offering himself as a food to the demon.
Top Things to Do in and around Karsog
- Every tiny hamlet of Karsog is blessed with divine temples. Some of the most popular temples in Karsog are Mamleshwar Temple,Mahunag Temple, Chandika Devi Temple and Kamaksha Devi Temple.
- Scenic village walks would be a blissful experience. You will get an opportunity to live a quaint mountain life and also see the traditional himachali houses.
- Karsog Valley is famous for its Apple orchards. There are many Apple farms and Apple picking is one of the best things to do in Karsog.
- Kamrunag Lake- It is one of the best places to visit around Karsog. People offer gold and silver coins for the fulfillment of their desires by Kamrunag Dev.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Nainital- Bliss of Temples, Lakes, Markets and Mountains
At the foothills of Kumaon ranges the blissful hill station of Nainital stands in pride, luring tourists from around the world for ages. It is one of the most popular hill stations and a perfect weekend getaway in Uttarakhand.
It is popularly known as the ‘Lake City Of India’ due to the presence of the divine Naina Devi Lake. It is the heart and soul of Nainital tourism. Boating is one of the best things to do in Nainital.
Cascading waterfalls, lush greenery all around, cool breeze, majestic mountains, divine temples, tranquil lakes and wonderful shopping hubs makes Nainital one of the best places to visit in North India.
Top things to do in and around Nainital
- Enjoy boating and scenic views in the Naini Lake surrounded by majestic mountains.
- Tibetan market, local shops and Mall Road are some of the best places to visit for shopping and nightlife experience in Nainital.
- Blissful and serene vibes of Naina Devi Temple and Hanuman Garhi Temple will blow your heart away.
- Revel in the historical charms of Raj Bhawan.
- Wildlife Safari in Jim Corbett National Park would be a thrilling experience.
- Rock climbing in Nainital mountaineering club is one of the best things to do in Nainital.
Recommended Tour Packages
Dalhousie is another best hill station to visit in Himachal, North India during summer season. It used to be the summer retreat of the Britishers. Dalhousie was founded by Lord Dalhousie in 1850.
When you step into the shores of Dalhousie you will be teleported in the world of the colonial era. Colonial architecture, beautiful churches, Tibetan culture, wooded hills, dense forests, waterfalls, majestic Dhauladhar ranges and cool breeze forms the blissful landscape of Dalhousie which will blow your heart away. It is also one of the popular honeymoon hill stations in India.
Top Things to Do in Dalhousie
- Khajjiar is a bliss surrounded by pine and deodar trees with majestic Himalayan peaks in the background. It is one of the best picnic spots in Dalhousie to enjoy with family and friends.
- Enjoy the bliss of pristine wilderness and rich flora and fauna in Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary. It is also home to Himalayan Bear.
- St Francis Catholic Church is a masterpiece of colonial architecture. Revel in the colonial charms and drink serene drops of spirituality.
- Cascading waterfalls and scenic views makes Panchpula one of the best places to visit in Dalhousie.
- Satdhara falls is one of the best places to delight and heal your mind and soul. Its water has medicinal properties.
- See the beautiful blend of Mughal and British architecture in the scenic Rang Mahal.
- Mall Road is the best place for shopping in Dalhousie.
Recommended Tour Packages
Almora is an abode of Uttarakhand’s rich culture and traditions. It is surrounded by thick enchanting forests of pine and fir. Rich cultural heritage, picturesque landscapes, local handicrafts, and lip smacking cuisines will promise you an experience of a lifetime.
Hill station of Almora tops the list for travelers who wish to experience the summer season at its best. Those who seek to spend some days living the quaint mountain life must visit Almora in North India.
In addition to its scenic beauty Almora is highly regarded for its temples. This is why Almora is also best for a pilgrimage tour. It is one of the most popular hill stations in North India.
Top Things to Do in and around Almora
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary is the blissful abode of wildlife. One should not miss it. It is the best place for nature lovers.
- Revel in the ancient vibes of Lakhudiyar Cave.
- Get ready for the blissful shopping experience in Thana Bazar.
- Mesmerizing sunsets at the Bright End Corner will soothe your soul.
- Get a glimpse of real Almora’s culture and traditions in the quaint village of Dwarahat Village.
- Kalimath is a great picnic spot in Almora. It is the best place to visit with family and friends.
Other Interesting Blog to Read
Kausani is a quaint village in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, which is popular for offering the scenic views of majestic Himalayan Peaks of Trishul Nanda and Panchachuli. Scenic tea gardens, cascading waterfalls, observatories in the mountains and pleasant weather makes Kausani one of the best Hill stations in North India Himalayas.
It is popularly known as ‘Switzerland of India’ by Gandhi ji. The beautiful hill station of Kausani is also historically significant as it was once the kingdom of Katikyapur. Apart from the scenic views its rugged terrain is perfectly suitable for trekking. It is one of the best things to do in Kausani. It is an ideal place for nature lovers and families.
Top Things to Do in and around Kausani
- Kausani is a temple hub. Make sure you visit these famous temples to feel the sere vibes – Rudrahari Mahadev Temple, Baijnath Temple, Kot Bhramari and Someshwar Temple.
- Refresh your mind and soul in the peaceful Anasakti Ashram, Gandhi Ashram and Lakshmi Ashram.
- Lakshminandan Pant Art Gallery is one of the best places to visit in Kausani. It houses drafts, writings and manuscripts of the eminent Hindi poet – Lakshminandan Pant.
- Treks to Pindari glacier, Sunderdhunga glacier and Kafni glacier is an experience of a lifetime.
- Ever had a dining experience in a thatched roof of bamboo with a gorgeous setting of Himalayan peaks in the background? If not, then visit Garden Restaurant.
Recommended Tour Packages
Blessed with the spellbinding views of nature and amazing weather North India tops the list for travelers of all kinds. North India is an ideal location for travelers seeking picturesque views of majestic Himalayas. Also the experience of travelling to North India is not really complete without indulging in the range of adventure activities, lip smacking delicacies of quaint Himalayan villages. In summers, North India has a magical vibe that lures all the tourists to experience serene vibes. If you want to tick off that dream of spending your time in the cool and crispy air of mountains then you must visit North India for a wonderful summer vacation.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.What are the best hill stations to visit during October to December in North India?
The time of October to December brings the joy of pleasant weather and adventure activities in North India. Some of the best Hill Stations to visit during October to December in North India are:
- Bir Billing
Q.Where are the best hill stations in north India to enjoy snowfall?
North India has a plethora of blissful places to enjoy snowfall. Some of the best Hill Stations to enjoy snowfall are:
- Pahalgam and Gulmarg
- Shimla and Kufri
Q. What are the top hill stations in India for honeymoon holiday?
To feel the divine bliss of togetherness, North India is blessed with scenic Hill Stations. Some of the top hill stations in India for honeymoon are:
Q.What are the best hill stations in north India for adventure activities?
To feel the excitement and thrilling vibes in North India, you must visit these best hill stations in North India:
- Bir Billing
- Spiti Valley
Q.What are the best mountain places to visit in north India in January?
If picturesque views of majestic mountains and pleasant weather is your call then you must visit these best places in North India in January-
- Abbott Mount
Q.What are the best travel tips to visit North Indian hill stations?
Some best and useful travel tip to visit North India hill stations are-
- To enjoy the bliss of North Indian hill stations, plan your trip in advance because there are a plethora of places to see and adventure activities to do. If the trip is not planned it can be overwhelming for you.
- Always carry some cash, if you are travelling to any remote location. ATM’s might not work at some places.
- Pick your hotel wisely. Prefer hotels which are close to the sites you will be visiting.
- Carry woolen clothes. Weather in North Indian hill stations are quite unpredictable.
- Carry a basic first aid box for cold, fever, skin allergy and headache.
- Carry a good pair of shoes for hill climbing or snow walking.