Day 1: Delhi to Agra: Mughal Magnificence!
- Depart from Safdarjung Railway Station in the morning. Enjoy your lunch onboard.
- Deboard at Agra to visit the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Return to the train.
- Taj Mahal is a timeless wonder & a UNESCO World Heritage Site , which was built by Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- Agra Fort is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which was built by Akbar & served as the residence of the Mughal emperors till 1638. It contains the most magnificent structures of Mughal architecture.
- Dinner is followed by overnight stay onboard. The train leaves for Jaipur.
Day 2: Arrive at Jaipur-Jodhpur: Fabulous sightseeing awaits you!
- Arrive at Jaipur in the morning. Breakfast is served onboard. Deboard the train to explore Amer Fort and City Palace.
- Amer Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site which houses within it numerous attractions including Diwan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khaas and Sheesh Mahal. A light and sound show is also organised here.
- City Palace was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the founder of Jaipur. It is a lovely combination of Rajput and Mughal architecture and houses magnificent structures like Mubaraak Mahal and Maharani’s Palace.
- Enjoy your lunch at a hotel with day use rooms. You can rest for some time or pay a visit to the famous Observatory, which is famously known as Jantar Mantar.
- In the evening, make your way towards Chokhi Dhani for dinner. Chokhi Dhani recreates the rural ambience of Rajasthan with its village centric theme. Guests are treated to folk performances, local cuisine and given a glimpse of rural Rajasthan.
- Return to the train and depart for Jodhpur.
Day 3: Jodhpur-Jaisalmer: The sights & colors of Rajasthan!
- The train arrives at Jodhpur in the morning. Enjoy your breakfast onboard and then deboard to visit the two famous tourist places in Jodhpur, Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada.
- Mehrangarh Fort is a colossal masterpiece, and reaches the skies at an incredible height of almost 100ft. Rudyard Kipling, the famous author, called it, “the work of giants”. It dominates the skyline of Jodhpur, while the museum inside it is known for being one of the most well preserved of its kind.
- Jaswant Thada is an exquisite white memorial built towards the end of the 19th century as a dedication to Jaswant Singh. It never fails to impress one architecturally, with its chhatris and jharokha. Concerts during music festivals like Rajasthan International Folk Festival and World Sacred Spirit Festival are held on its grounds in the mornings.
- Enjoy lunch at a local hotel or restaurant. Post lunch, visit the Local Market and Clock Tower.
- Return to the train for dinner and overnight stay. Depart for Jaisalmer.
Day 4: Jaisalmer: Wrapped in splendour!
- Enjoy your breakfast and then disembark the train to visit Jaisalmer’s popular tourist attractions, Jaisalmer Fort, Gadisar Lake and Patwon ki Haveli. A delicious lunch awaits you at the hotel.
- In the afternoon, a thrilling adventure awaits you in the form of dune bashing at Sam Sand Dunes. This is followed by a lovely dinner, after which you are treated to authentic cultural performances. You can also choose to enjoy alcoholic beverages and drinks.
- Overnight stay onboard the train and departure for Delhi.
Day 5: Delhi: The end of a lovely trip!
- Breakfast is served onboard, followed by lunch later on in the afternoon. Deboard at Safdarjung Railway Station.