Day 1: Delhi – Mandawa – Jaisalmer: The fabulous havelis of Mandawa!
- Your Majestic Rajasthan Tour begins in the morning with a departure from Safdarjung Railway Station. Enjoy your lunch onboard.
- Arrive at Mandawa and then set off to visit the famous havelis of Mandawa.
- Mandawa was once inhabited by rich merchant families who built enormous havelis which were decorated with intricate wall paintings. The themes of these wall paintings changed from time to time. For a certain period of time, local mythological characters dominated, until they were replaced by themes that displayed the influence of British Raj on the culture of India.
- Enjoy tea or coffee at a hotel and then return to the train for dinner and an overnight journey to Jaisalmer.
Day 2: Jaisalmer – Jodhpur: Some culture, some adventure!
- After arriving at Jaisalmer, enjoy your breakfast onboard the train. Post breakfast, visit Jaisalmer Fort, Gadisar Lake and Patwon ki Haveli. A delicious lunch awaits you at the hotel.
- Now comes the adventurous part of this luxury train tour to Rajasthan. You will be taken dune bashing at the Sam Sand Dunes. This is followed by dinner and a cultural performance consisting of folk music and dance.
- You also have the option of enjoying alcoholic beverages. Return to the train and depart for Jodhpur.
Day 3: Jodhpur – Jaipur: Here forts, there palaces!
- The train reaches Jodhpur in the morning, while you are served a delicious breakfast. Post breakfast, deboard the train to visit Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada.
- Mehrangarh fort sits atop a hill and towers above Jodhpur at almost 100 ft. It is a gigantic fort & one of the most famous of its kind in India. Rudyard Kipling, the famous writer, paid a fitting tribute when he called it, “the work of giants”. It is counted among the best preserved forts in India.
- Enjoy lunch at a hotel/restaurant. Visit the local market and clock tower in the afternoon. There are a variety of items that you can purchase, including leather items, antiques, textiles, handicrafts and jewellery.
- Return to the train for dinner followed by an overnight stay. The next stop in your Majestic Rajasthan Tour is Jaipur.
Day 4: Jaipur – Delhi: All that royalty is Jaipur!
- A wonderful breakfast awaits you, following which, you will deboard the train to begin your exploration of Jaipur. The two popular tourist places in Jaipur which you will be visiting are Amber Fort and City Palace.
- Amber Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site whose architecture beautifully combines the Hindu and Mughal styles of architecture. It amazes the onlookers with its dazzling exteriors and overall magnificence. It is seven centuries old and contains spectacular buildings like Diwan-e-Aam and Sheesh Mahal. The Maota Lake, which is located in front of the lake, accentuates the beauty of the structure.
- City Palace looks especially beautiful during the evenings, when it’s illuminated. It graciously combines the best elements of Rajput and Mughal architecture. It was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II and is home to various spectacular structures like the Mubarak Mahal. It houses several fascinating items like royal costumes, Pashmina shawls, Benares silk saris and Sanganeri prints.
- After all this sightseeing, you will be treated to a wonderful lunch at a hotel with day use rooms. You can also choose to visit the Observatory, or, the Jantar Mantar.
- A different kind of dinner experience awaits you at Chokhi Dhani. Post dinner, return to train to begin your return journey to Delhi.
- Chokhi Dhani is more than just a place that serves you the local food. It recreates the rural way of life in Rajasthan with its village like settings, folk song & dance performances and other activities.
Day 5: Delhi: Bye, come again!
- Breakfast will be served onboard, after which you will deboard the train once it reaches Safdarjung Railway Station.