Opulent Interiors & Luxurious Cabins
- There are a total of 14 guest carriages in the Maharajas’ Express, one of the famous luxury trains in India.
- Each of these carriages have been named after precious stones like heera (diamond), moti (pearl), monga (coral), pukhraj (sapphire), neelam (blue sapphire) and feroza (turquoise).
- These 14 carriages are home to luxury cabins which are divided into four categories, deluxe cabins, presidential suites, junior suites and suites.
- Among these, it is the Presidential Suite which is the most coveted by guests. Known as Navratna, it takes the concept of luxury onboard even further.
- An entire carriage of the train is devoted to this suite, which consists of two bedrooms, a separate living area, dining room and modern private bathroom with a bath.
Facilities onboard Maharajas’ Express
- Even as you are taken to the most picturesque and amazing tourist places in Rajasthan along with other destinations (depending on the kind of journey you select), you always find yourself seated in the lap of luxury.
- The cabins, besides being spacious, adhere to international standards when it comes to the facilities provided to the guests.
- Some of the amenities which are common to all the cabins are LCD TV, twin or king size bed, channel music, private bathroom, electronic safety deposit, dvd players and direct dial telephone.
The Pleasures of Fine Dining!
- The Maharajas’ Express also boasts two thematic fine dining restaurants which tell you what fine dining is all about.
- The two restaurants are “Mayur Mahal” (named after the national bird of India, peacock, also called mayur in the local language) and “Rang Mahal” (which means the Palace of Colours).
- Upto 42 guests can be accommodated in these restaurants at any time. The seating arrangements have also been made keeping in mind the needs and conveniences of the guests onboard.
- The restaurants offer a wide variety of cuisines, both Indian and international. You also have the option of opting for a Table d’hote meal.
The Royal Way of Unwinding!
- If you enjoy your drink, then you are in for a treat during your journey onboard the Maharajas’ Express.
- There are two bars in the train, a lounge bar and thematic bar. While the former is called The Rajah Club, the latter is called Safari Bar.
- Both these bars boast a rich collection of wine and spirits with comfortable seating arrangements.
- The bar is also stacked with a great collection of books, while board games are available for those who prefer some games over drinks.
Journeys Offered by the Maharajas Express
- There are six journeys offered by the Maharajas Express.
- The itineraries have been designed in a way so as to take you to the most famous tourist attractions in India which are noted for their historical, cultural and religious significance.
- All the travel destinations covered in the Maharaja Express itinerary also give you a valuable insight into the culture and heritage of India.
- They also make for some interesting sightseeing and exploration. From forts and temples to palaces, you are taken on an incredible sightseeing tour of famous tourist attractions in India.
- The six journeys offered by the Maharajas’ Express are Heritage of India, Treasures of India, Indian Panorama, Indian Splendour, The Southern Jewels and The Southern Sojourn.
Terms and Conditions Related to Online Booking
- The fare on the train differs according to the suites and journeys available on the Maharajas’ Express.
- The ticket prices can be changed at any given time in case of any alteration of the train routes followed by the Maharajas’ Express train.
- The GST (goods and services tax) will be charged extra wherever applicable.
- Although all efforts will be made to inform the customers beforehand, the itineraries, venues, destinations and schedules can be changed beforehand without any notice.
- All the prices mentioned are decided on one person one journey on twin sharing basis.
- Supplements will be applicable for Signature Journey and special occasions such as Christmas, New Year and other holidays.
- All tariff will be determined on the basis of US Dollars and INR for one person, one journey on twin sharing basis.
- Supplement charges will be applicable in all cases of single occupancy.