IRCTC on 8th December 2018 flagged off Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train from the Safdarjung Railway Station in Delhi. The train will cover all the major Buddhist pilgrimage destinations in India and Nepal. Buddhism has been one of the most followed religions worldwide and having its origin in India has always attracted tourists from all across the globe. Buddhist pilgrimage destinations are scattered in the Northern and Central part of India and the train service aims to bridge the distance between all of these Buddhist attractions. The service was first started in 2008 but the latest upgrades make this Buddhist special train quite literally a 5-star palace on wheels.
Brief Information about the Train
Starting from Delhi, covering Bodhgaya, Nalanda, Rajgir, Varanasi, Sarnath, Lumbini, Kushinagar, Sravasti and Agra, the luxury train shall offer two type of accommodations to its guests — AC First Class and 2 Tier Sleeper AC. The upgraded Buddhist special train features all the modern safety features with upgraded LHB design coaches pacing across various Buddhist tourist attractions. The train is fitted with all the modern luxury for a comfortable stay. With facilities like onboard restaurants, foot massagers, digital locker, shower cubicles and mini library. Housing all the modern 5-star hotel-like facilities and services, the Buddhist circuit luxury train will take you across the Buddhist destinations in style and comfort.
Travel Itinerary of Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train
Day 1 – Delhi
- Arrival at Safdarjung Railway Station followed by boarding process.
- Departure of the Buddhist train for Gaya.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the luxury train.
Day 2 – Gaya-Bodhgaya
- Early morning tea served onboard the Buddhist special train after which you can freshen up. Breakfast would be served onboard.
- Arrival at Gaya Railway Station followed by travelling to Bodhgaya by coach.
- Check in at the hotel in Bodhgaya, followed by stupendous lunch.
- Leave the hotel for the sightseeing tour of the Buddhist pilgrimages. This includes the famous Mahabodhi temple and Niranjana River. Also, explore various Buddhist Monasteries.
- Return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3 – Bodhgaya-Nalanda-Rajgir-Gaya-Varanasi
- After early morning breakfast at the hotel, proceed towards next Buddhist destination on the itinerary, Rajgir.
- Arrival at Rajgir followed by sightseeing tour of the town. The attractions include Bimbisara Jail, Gridhakuta hill and Venuvan.
- Enjoy the lavish lunch after which the caravan departs for Nalanda.
- At Nalanda, witness the ruins of the world famous Nalanda University and Nalanda Museum.
- Depart for Gaya Railway Station to board the train.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard the Buddhist Circuit Train as it departs for its next destination, Varanasi.
Day 4 – Varanasi-Sarnath-Nautanwa
- Early morning tea and breakfast served onboard as the train arrives at Varanasi Railway Junction.
- Disembark the Buddhist circuit luxury train for tourist to visit Sarnath, which is 10 km from Varanasi. The attraction at Sarnath includes Dhamekh Stupa, Sarnath Museum, Ashokan Pillar and Mulagandha Kuti Vihar.
- Check in at the hotel followed by a lavish lunch.
- Visit Ganga River Ghat for the enchanting evening Ganga Aarti.
- Return back to the Railway Station to board the train.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard the train as it races to its next destination, Nautanwa.
Day 5 – Nautanwa-Lumbini
- Early morning tea and breakfast would be served on board as the train arrives at Nautanwa Railway Station.
- Deboard the train and board the coach bound for Lumbini, Nepal. International Tourists must keep their Passport and Visa handy as we would be crossing the Indo-Nepal border.
- Check-in at the hotel in Lumbini followed by a lip-smacking lunch.
- Leave the hotel for the sightseeing tour of Lumbini which includes attractions like Maya Devi Temple and Ashokan Pillar.
- Return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6 – Lumbini-Kushinagar-Gorakhpur
- Breakfast would be served at the hotel after which the caravan departs for Kushinagar.
- Arrival at Kushinagar followed checking-in at the hotel.
- Lunch would be served at the hotel.
- After lunch, visit famous tourist attractions like Mahaparinirvan Temple, Ramabhar Stupa, Mata Kutir Temple.
- Drive to Gorakhpur in coaches.
- Arrival at Gorakhpur Railway Station followed by boarding the luxury train which will take us to the next destination, Balrampur.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard the luxury Buddhist train.
Day 7 – Balrampur-Sravasti-Balrampur-Agra
- Early morning arrival at Balrampur Railway Station followed by tea served onboard.
- Deboard the train to visit Sravasti, which is 15 km from Balrampur.
- Upon arriving at Sravasti, check in at the hotel after which the breakfast would be served in the hotel.
- Leave the hotel to explore tourist attractions in the city, which includes Jetavana Vihara, Pakki Kuti & Sahet Mahet.
- Return back to the hotel for a lavish lunch.
- Proceed to the Balrampur Railway Station.
- Board the train as it departs for its final destination, Agra.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard luxury Buddhist train.
Day 8 – Agra-Delhi
- Early morning arrival at Agra Cantt Railway Station followed by early morning tea aboard the luxury train.
- Freshen up onboard the train as the breakfast is served onboard.
- Disembark the train to explore the tourist attractions in Agra.
- Proceed to visit one of the seven wonders of the world, Taj Mahal, after which return back to the train.
- Get onboard the train as it leaves for the terminus, Delhi.
- Evening Tea served onboard.
- Arrival at the Safdarjung Railway Station in Delhi, marking the end to the Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train Tour.
Accommodation Options Available
The luxury train provides three options to choose from —
- AC First Class – A single compartment which can accommodate 4 people, this is one of the most luxurious accommodations available to guests. First class also features comfortable seats and cosy interiors.
- AC Two Tier – AC Two Tier is fitted with all the modern amenities and luxury just like First AC except for privacy. While in First AC, there is a compartment, Second AC only had curtains.
- AC First Couple – Similar to AC First Class, the only difference is that one compartment only has accommodation for two people, making it an ideal choice for couples.
Buddhist Special Train Tickets Booking
You can book your tickets for Buddhist circuit luxury train from Tour My India. Contact us at +91-9212553106 or send us your queries at email@example.com.
Package Prices for 2019-2020
||Per Night Price
||Full Tour Price
|AC 1st Class
|AC 2nd Class
*All rates are on per person per journey on twin sharing basis. Terms & conditions are applicable.