IRCTC once again flagged off Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train from the Safdarjung Railway Station in Delhi. The train will cover all the major Buddhist pilgrimage destinations in India and Nepal. Buddhism has been one of the most followed religions worldwide and having its origin in India has always attracted tourists from all across the globe. Buddhist pilgrimage destinations are scattered in the Northern and Central part of India and the train service aims to bridge the distance between all of these Buddhist attractions. The service was first started in 2008 but the latest upgrades make this Buddhist special train quite literally a 5-star palace on wheels.
Also Check Out: Popular Luxury Train Tours in India
Let’s Know About Buddhist Circuit Train FAM Tour
Buddhist Circuit Train FAM Tour is a special train tour from Safdarjung Railway Station which will cover the popular Buddhist Heritage sites in India. It will cover the destinations such as Gaya-Bodhgaya, Rajgir-Nalanda in Bihar as well as Sarnath -Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has organized this awesome Buddhist Circuit Train FAM Tour as a part of the union government’s ‘Dekho Apna Desh” Initiative. The tourists will be able to get great experience of the train journey and insights on the self-disciplined and celebrated life of Lord Buddha.
Buddhist Circuit Train Route
Buddhist Circuit FAM tour Train route will cover all the major Buddhist Heritage destinations. The major destinations covered in a FAM Tour are – Varanasi, Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Nalanda, Patna, Kushinagar, Shravasti, Balrampur, Lucknow and Lumbini in Nepal which are decked with various stupas and monasteries.
Features of Buddhist Circuit Train
- This semi luxury train by IRCTC will provide a comfortable stay and luxury journey right away as it has a beautiful dining carriage, hygienic kitchen, and bathroom cubicles with showers.
- There are three classes for travel- AC First class, AC 2 -Tier and AC First coupe. The ticket price for Buddhist Circuit Train tour are – ($165 per night) for AC First class, $135 per night for AC 2 Tier and $165 for AC First coupe.
- All the passengers will be provided with travel insurance for the duration of the tour.
- The train is also equipped with private security guards in each coach for the safety of the passengers.
Also Check Out
Places to See in Buddhist Circuit FAM Tour Train
Bodhgaya is one of the most prominent sites in Buddhism pilgrimage circuit tour. The quaint town of Bodh Gaya is decked with numerous scenic monasteries and temples. Throughout the year, devotees from all over the world come here to seek divine wisdom and soak in peaceful vibes. You must visit Mahabodhi Temple, Thai Temple, Japanese Temple, Buddha Statue.
In the Nalanda district of Bihar, Rajgir is one of the most popular Buddhist pilgrimage destinations. Surrounded by scenic five hills and numerous temples, hot springs and monasteries, it is one of the beautiful and tranquil sights to behold. It was once the capital of Magadh. Here Lord Buddha had set in motion his second wheel of law.
Once Asia’s most famous university was located here from 5th to 12th century AD. Lord Buddha himself graced the university by his divine presence. All the glories and stories of Nalanda’s ancient past are kept with pride in the Nalanda Archaeological Museum. For Tourists it is indeed a place full of history and culture.
Sarnath is one of the most popular Buddhist pilgrimage spots. It is a place where Lord Buddha preached his first sermon after attaining enlightenment at Bodh Gaya. It houses several religious and historic monuments built by the great emperor Ashoka. Dhamekh Stupa, Sarnath Museum, Ashokan Pillar, Mulgandha Kuti Viharare some of the major religious tourist attractions to visit here.
The spiritual capital of India, Varanasi is not directly a part of Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour but it is one of the most popular religious tourist attractions to feel the pleasure of eternal bliss. You must visit various Ghats and temples to embrace the whirlwind of spirituality, if you are on a journey to discover yourself.
It is the birthplace of Lord Buddha. You will witness several archaeological remains associated with the Birth of Lord Buddha. It is one of the most renowned UNESCO World Heritage Sites. It is one of the most visited Buddhist pilgrimage destinations in India.
If you are in Kushinagar the ancient Mahaparinirvana Temple is a must visit religious tourist attraction. It is said that Lord Buddha attained Nirvana here. Devotees should also visit Ramnagar Stupa which is a cremation ground of Lord Buddha. The Sun temple from the Gupta period is also one of the most notable religious sites here.
Devotees from Thailand, Japan, China and Sri Lanka come here in large numbers to offer prayers at Buddhist Pilgrimage sites here. It is a major Buddhist pilgrimage attraction to visit in India. Sravasti is also an important center for Buddhist learnings. Many old structures, relics, stupas and viharas belonging to Lord Buddha make this site a great place for religious exploration.
Agra is one of the most popular tourist spots in the Buddhist Circuit Train Tour Itinerary. It needs no introduction as one of the seven wonders of the world – Taj Mahal is a great architectural marvel which captures the hearts of tourists from across the world.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Travel Itinerary of Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train
Day 1 – Delhi
- Arrival at Safdarjung Railway Station followed by boarding process.
- Departure of the Buddhist train for Gaya.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the luxury train.
Day 2 – Gaya-Bodhgaya
- Early morning tea served onboard the Buddhist special train after which you can freshen up. Breakfast would be served onboard.
- Arrival at Gaya Railway Station followed by travelling to Bodhgaya by coach.
- Check in at the hotel in Bodhgaya, followed by stupendous lunch.
- Leave the hotel for the sightseeing tour of the Buddhist pilgrimages. This includes the famous Mahabodhi temple and Niranjana River. Also, explore various Buddhist Monasteries.
- Return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3 – Bodhgaya-Nalanda-Rajgir-Gaya-Varanasi
- After early morning breakfast at the hotel, proceed towards next Buddhist destination on the itinerary, Rajgir.
- Arrival at Rajgir followed by sightseeing tour of the town. The attractions include Bimbisara Jail, Gridhakuta hill and Venuvan.
- Enjoy the lavish lunch after which the caravan departs for Nalanda.
- At Nalanda, witness the ruins of the world-famous Nalanda University and Nalanda Museum.
- Depart for Gaya Railway Station to board the train.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard the Buddhist Circuit Train as it departs for its next destination, Varanasi.
Day 4 – Varanasi-Sarnath-Nautanwa
- Early morning tea and breakfast served onboard as the train arrives at Varanasi Railway Junction.
- Disembark the Buddhist circuit luxury train for tourist to visit Sarnath, which is 10 km from Varanasi. The attraction at Sarnath includes Dhamekh Stupa, Sarnath Museum, Ashokan Pillar and Mulagandha Kuti Vihar.
- Check in at the hotel followed by a lavish lunch.
- Visit Ganga River Ghat for the enchanting evening Ganga Aarti.
- Return back to the Railway Station to board the train.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard the train as it races to its next destination, Nautanwa.
Day 5 – Nautanwa-Lumbini
- Early morning tea and breakfast would be served on board as the train arrives at Nautanwa Railway Station.
- Deboard the train and board the coach bound for Lumbini, Nepal. International Tourists must keep their Passport and Visa handy as we would be crossing the Indo-Nepal border.
- Check-in at the hotel in Lumbini followed by a lip-smacking lunch.
- Leave the hotel for the sightseeing tour of Lumbini which includes attractions like Maya Devi Temple and Ashokan Pillar.
- Return back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 6 – Lumbini – Kushinagar – Gorakhpur
- Breakfast would be served at the hotel after which the caravan departs for Kushinagar.
- Arrival at Kushinagar followed checking-in at the hotel.
- Lunch would be served at the hotel.
- After lunch, visit famous tourist attractions like Mahaparinirvan Temple, Ramabhar Stupa, Mata Kutir Temple.
- Drive to Gorakhpur in coaches.
- Arrival at Gorakhpur Railway Station followed by boarding the luxury train which will take us to the next destination, Balrampur.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard the luxury Buddhist train.
Day 7 – Balrampur – Sravasti – Balrampur – Agra
- Early morning arrival at Balrampur Railway Station followed by tea served onboard.
- Deboard the train to visit Sravasti, which is 15 km from Balrampur.
- Upon arriving at Sravasti, check in at the hotel after which the breakfast would be served in the hotel.
- Leave the hotel to explore tourist attractions in the city, which includes Jetavana Vihara, Pakki Kuti & Sahet Mahet.
- Return back to the hotel for a lavish lunch.
- Proceed to the Balrampur Railway Station.
- Board the train as it departs for its final destination, Agra.
- Dinner and overnight stay onboard luxury Buddhist train.
Day 8 – Agra-Delhi
- Early morning arrival at Agra Cantt Railway Station followed by early morning tea aboard the luxury train.
- Freshen up onboard the train as the breakfast is served onboard.
- Disembark the train to explore the tourist attractions in Agra.
- Proceed to visit one of the seven wonders of the world, Taj Mahal, after which return back to the train.
- Get onboard the train as it leaves for the terminus, Delhi.
- Evening Tea served onboard.
- Arrival at the Safdarjung Railway Station in Delhi, marking the end to the Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train Tour.
No wonder why your trip to Buddhist pilgrimage Sites will be one of the most memorable trips to remember for a lifetime. The facilities and comforts of Buddhist Circuit Train and these interesting aspects of Buddhist Circuit tour will compel you to indulge in this pious journey for at least once. You can schedule your trip by directly booking the train from the website and you can also contact Tour My India for Buddhist Circuit Train Tour Packages to explore Buddhist tourist destinations at great deals and discounts. Moreover, you will get proper arrangements for accommodation and transportation which will make your trip wholesome.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.What destinations are covered in the Buddhist Circuit Train Tour?
The destinations which are covered in the Buddhist Circuit Train Tour are - Varanasi, Bodhgaya, Rajgir, Nalanda, Patna, Kushinagar, Shravasti, Balrampur, Lucknow and Lumbini.
Q.How to book a Buddhist Circuit Train?
For booking Buddhist Circuit Train Tour Package you can contact TourMyIndia. We will provide you the best deals and discounts with great facilities to enjoy this spiritual journey.