Last Updated: September 24, 2019 Nidhi Singh
Delhi has always been on the list of food lovers. The gastronomists can any day defend Delhi by producing a long list of places where one can eat like a king and be satisfied. However, Delhi is often reckoned to be a paradise for non-vegetarians but Vegans have a different story to tell. Yes, one might not find an entire market dedicated to veg delights but there are number of places that make excellent picks for pure vegetarian food enthusiasts.
Here are some of the best places in Delhi and NCR to relish the vegetarian delicacies:
Saravana Bhavan, Connaught Place
Whether you are a vegan or not, you are going to love this place! Known for its budget menu and great ambience, Saravana Bhavan has been the most preferred restaurant for people wanting to eat vegetarian delights. Situated in the outer circle of Connaught Place, Saravana has many a time recognized as a legendary restaurant in Delhi. Come here for authentic South Indian cuisine and deserts and nowhere else shall you go ever again!
- Where: P13, Connaught Place
- What to Order: Onion Rava Masala Dosa, Masala Dosai, Sambar Vadai, Rava Kesari, Rava Kichadi, Panchavarna Utthappam, Mini Tiffin
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 11:00PM
Carnatic Café, New Friends Colony
Another great pure vegetarian restaurant in Delhi that gives a good run to Saravana Bhavan is Carnatic Café. Situated in New Friends Colony, this small and cozy South Indian restaurant offers a safe shelter to the lovely people who like to call themselves vegetarians. Lightly lit and decorated with corn hangings, it is a decent place to have your friends and family enjoy some incredible South Indian dishes.
- Where: Ground Floor, India Mall, Community Centre, New Friends Colony
- What to Order: Malleswaram Dosa, Paddu, Butter Milk, Coffee
- Opening Hours: 9:00AM to 10:30PM
64/6-Country Inn & Suites, Sahibabad
If you are seeking a restaurant that offers delectable food at affordable price that 64/6 Country Inn and Suites is the place for you. The concept of buffet is what makes this restaurant a hit amongst vegetarians. The restaurant has a big menu that allows you to try some tried and tested dishes as well as some innovative items. The cuisine ranges from European to American to Indian to Chinese to Continental; where else do you wish to go but here!
- Where: Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Sahibabad
- What to Order: Pancakes, South Indian, Baked Boondi
- Opening Hours: 7:00AM to 10:30AM, 12:30AM to 3:00PM, 7:00PM to 11:00PM
Destroyers of South Indian food, this is your kingdom! Naivedyam can be found at many places in Delhi and that’s why, we cannot ignore this place. No seriously, if you are an ardent South Indian food lover, this is a place you should be. Authentic food, the servers dressed in traditional attire and the ambience are the highlights of this restaurant. Don’t worry about your pocket, the menu is decently priced but high in taste.
|Naivedyam Restaurants in New Delhi
||Shop 1, Haus Khas Village
||F12, Main Road, Kalkaji
||25/35, East Patel Nagar
|Naivedyam Restaurants in Gurgaon
||Vipul Square, B Block, Sushant Lok
||41, Vatika Street Market, Golf Course Extension Road, Sohna Road
|Naivedyam Restaurant in Noida
||H-1A/17, First Floor, Near Fortis Hospital, Sector 63
- What to Order: Rasam Vadai, South India Thali, Mysore Rava Masala Dosa
- Opening Hours: 11:00AM to 11:00PM
Kunzum Travel Café, Hauz Khas
Ok, now there are places where the vegans may go and lick their fingers because the food was so scrumptious and then head home and straightaway right a review about the restaurant. Then there are places like Kunzum Travel Café, where you happen to land and all you see is a room full of travel photographs and people who seem quite relaxed and happy. You decide to take a seat and order a coffee with some biscotti, in no time at all; you would realize that the place is awesome! Why, because all people chat here is about travel, they share travel stories, pin their experiences on a board here and what the hell leave the place with paying whatever they feel like! Yes, you read it right, you can order coffee or whatever drinks you want and you can pay as much as you want for it….THATS Kunzum for you! Established by famed Indian travel blogger Ajay Jain, this place is a second home to travellers from all over the world. The restaurant’s concept of ‘Pay what you like’ has made this place a big hit in Delhi.
- Where: T 49, Ground Floor, Hauz Khas Village
- What to Order: Coffee and Cookies
- Opening Hours: 11:00AM to 7:30PM
Chache Di Hatti, Kamla Nagar
The star of Kamla Nagar market, Chache Di Hatti shines bright in our list too! Despite all that long queue agitation, you end up with soul-satisfying experience. The place is known for its mouth-watering, finger-licking good Chhole Bhature. The place is small but clean and the take away option is also available. Also, please note that the place is open till afternoon and make a great place to have lunch and Brunch in Delhi. If you happen to find yourself at Kamla Nagar, do not forget to hunt this place down and devour their special Chhole Bhature.
- Where: 32, Near All Smile Dental Clinic, Kamla Nagar
- What to Order: Chhole Bhature
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 2:00PM
Ropad Punjab Walo ka Dhaba, Rohini
People from Rohini are going to feel so proud right now! Vegans if you haven’t been to this restaurant in Delhi then you have missed out on something big. Dhabas always reflect best the culture of a place and Ropad Punjab Walo ka Dhaba just does that. Their Rajma Rice Combo is the specialty but that not the only thing they have to offer, Chana Masala, Karahi Paneer and Mix Veg can also get one going.
- Where: CSC 5, Near D3 DDA Market, Behind Veera Jain Hospital, Sector 11, Rohini
- What to Order: Rajma Rice Combo, Chana Masala, Chaap, Mix Veg, Karahi Paneer
- Opening Hours: 12:00PM to 4:00PM, 7:00PM to 10:00PM
Hot Pick, Faridabad
All right, this is where we want you to go in Faridabad. A lovely outlet in NCR for vegetarians, Hot Picks offers Indian, Chinese and Italian cuisine. The restaurant has a cozy set up, which can definitely cheer one up. There are number of dishes that one must try here, the place also has home delivery service, so now you don’t have fight hunger pangs without even settling for bad food.
- Where: Ashoka Enclave, Main Market, Sector 35, Faridabad
- What to Order: Penne Rose, Penne Alfredo, Honey Chilly Potato
- Opening Hours: 11:00AM to 10:30PM
Being Chef, Gurgaon
Here is an exception but we think it truly deserves to be on this list. Being Chef is a food home delivery service in Gurgaon and it truly rocks! Tasty, hygienic and fresh food can reach your doorstep whenever you want and vegans in Gurgaon you should be extremely happy about it. Being Chef offers India, Chinese and Italian cuisine and there combos are killer. So, if you are a lazy vegan, who is reluctant to cook or even go out, Being Chef is your mighty savior in Gurgaon.
- Where: (Order Online) 0124-4116040, email@example.com
- What to Order: Customizable Meal Box, Veg Thali, Paneer Lababdar
- Opening Hours: 11:00AM to 11:00PM
Kunafa, Lodhi Colony
In the modest Meher Chand Market, standing proudly is Kunafa, a Turkish restaurant that will simply make you fall in love with it. Kunafa is named after the dessert item that is the specialty of this restaurant. One would love the ambience of this place and the friendly staff makes it look even more appealing. If incase you are strolling in Meher Chand Market and your stomach suddenly seem to gurgle with hunger, right away search for Kunafa and indulge into some sinfully tasty food.
- Where: 70, Meher Chand Market, Lodhi Colony
- What to Order: Kashew Baklava, Jordanian Coffee, Turkish Tea, Kunafa
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 11:30PM
Baljeet’s Amritsari Koolcha, Paschim Vihar
Super tasty veg Punjabi food at affordable prices is how Baljeet’s Amritsari Koolcha can best be described. The restaurant has no sitting arrangement, there are just tall round tables, where you can gather around with friends and enjoy the meal or two. The stuffed naans have been a huge hit and when accomplice with chhole, it works out magic for gurgling stomachs.
- Where: D2, Shubham Enclave, Jwala Heri Road, Paschim Vihar
- What to Order: Chhole with Stuffed Naan
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 10:00PM
Kamal’s, Sunder Nagar Market
This place gets thumbs up for its veg tandoori snacks. Situated near DPS Sundar Nagar, Kamal’s has been a haunt for many vegetarian foodies in Delhi over a decade. The restaurant offers an open-sky sitting arrangement and serves tandoori items, hot and crispy! You can head out to this place if you care for some delightful evening snacks and rest assured you wouldn’t be disappointed.
- Where: K1, Sunder Nagar Market
- What to Order: Malai Paneer Tikka, Malai Chaap, Soya Bharwa Chaap
- Opening Hours: 12:00PM to 10:30PM
Green Bells, Indirapuram
Green Bells is fast food paradise for vegans. A small place with nicely done décor, Green Bells actually Ring Bells when the vegans are hunting for green prey! It is one of those places, where you would like hangout in the evening to have a coffee accompanied with delicious sandwich or a burger. It is a decent place with exotic food that not only served quickly but also with a smile.
- Where: Shop 27, Eros Market Place, Shakti Khand 2, Indirapuram
- What to Order: Paneerizza Pizza, Chilli Paneer Sandwich, Single Mingle Burger, Cold Coffee
- Opening Hours: 10:00AM to 10:00PM
Kaleva, Gole Market
Have a sweet-tooth? This is your paradise then. Kaleva has been serving sweet-lovers for more than a decade and trust us none has been disappointed…Ever! Apart from its wide variety of Bengali sweets, Kaleva is also known for few scrumptious street food items. Don’t expect to get a seat or a proper place to stand as the place remains crowded due to its popularity but expect some great food items to treat your taste buds just right!
- Where: 109 Bangla Saheb Marg, Gole Market
- What to Order: Kalakand, Ghevar, Dhokla, Dahi Bhalla
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 10:30PM
Bhaja Govindam, Daryaganj
If we need to rationalize why the vegans must visit this restaurant in Delhi then we would simply put it in this way ‘Value for Money’. Bhaja Govindam can be an excellent choice as it offers complete worth for every single penny you spend, order anything from the menu, well apart from the water (LOL) and you would not be disappointed (don’t worry the water is clean too!). The serving quantity is good, the ambiance is nice and the price but ofcourse is pocket friendly.
- Where: Delite Cinema Building, Main Asaf Ali Road, Daryaganj
- What to Order: Vegetable Uttapam, Chhole Bhature, Masala Dosa, North Indian Thali
- Opening Hours: 12:00PM to 10:30PM
Fresh Food Factory, Noida
Nothing exotic about Fresh Food Factory but the place is as honest as its name. A simple menu from them offers dishes like Rajma Chawal and Aaloo Puri but counts here is the taste. Aptly spices and cooked, the food has taste that you will not forget easily. The prices are decent and so is the service, so we have nothing redundant to add but to say a must try pure veg restaurant in Delhi/NCR.
- Where: E1, Sector 3, Noida
- What to Order: Aaloo Puri, Rajma Chawal
- Opening Hours: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Zaza Box, Gurgaon
Zaza Box beautifies this list of best pure veg restaurants in Delhi and NCR and WAIT till you here how! Zaza Box is known for sourcing the freshest, highest quality, seasonal ingredients every day. The restaurant promotes healthy food that is completely cholesterol free and has organic products for every dish. Since, healthy low calorie nutritious eating picking up in India and the future of this market is huge, Zaza decided to take the first big step!
- Where: E113- E115, Sushant Shopping Arcade, Phase 1, Sushant Lok, Gurgaon
- What to Order: Cold pressed Beetroot and Pomogrenade Juice, Shikanji lemon cooler, Meaty veggie sausage, Beetroot slider (Burger), Mushroom spinach pot pie, Fruits and Nuts Parfait, the Guilt free Mango cheesecake
- Opening Hours: 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Kake di Hatti, Chandni Chowk
Been on the list of many food lovers in Delhi, Kake Di Hatti has to make an appearance in this blog as well. This restaurant or Dhaba is known for its large servings and mouth-watering food. The place has some issues with hygiene but if that is overlooked, it can be a great place to enjoy veg food in Delhi and not to mention affordable too!
- Where: 654 & 655, Church Mission Road, Fatehpuri, Chandni Chowk
- What to Order: Soya Chaap, Naan. Dal Makhani, Lauki Raita
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 01:00AM
Karnataka Food Centre, R K Puram
Offering authentic South Indian food, Karnataka Food Centre makes another great picks for vegetarians in Delhi and regions. Not to mention the food is pocket-friendly and you can bet on the taste. Right from its Rasam to Rava Dosa, everything taste fabulous and to end it all on a good note, you can order for filter coffee. All in all it is a nice place to satiate your hunger for good food in Delhi.
- Where: Delhi Karnataka Sangh Building, Sector 12, R K Puram
- What to Order: Mysore Rava Dosa, Coconut Uttapam, Aam Panna, Thali
- Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 11:00PM
Let’s face it, wherever you go in Delhi, a Sagar Ratna follows you…It is always there, somewhere, behind the tall building, on the ground floor or a top floor of a famed mall and near the busy market area. Sagar Ratna is one of the best bets for an authentic South Indian food, which infact falls easy on pocket as well. The food quality is excellent and so is the quantity and this makes Sagar Ratna an absolute must visit place when the hunger strikes!
Vegans, we hope this list fed to your appetite for questing for the best places to have veg food in Delhi. We would appreciate if you can add more places to the list and take some time out to share our blog. Happy Feasting!!
You can also check out this website https://www.zomato.com/ for more information about Delhi’s restaurants, cuisines, bar & pubs.
Published: 21 Aug, 2015
From the Lake District, Nainital, Nidhi Singh is a travel writer whose love for mountains can be seen in her write ups. Talk about solo travelling, indulging in adventure activities, binging on good food, planning budget trips or the Aurora Borealis and you will get all her attention. It is the wanderlust that keeps her going and if at all she could get one wish granted she would love to live a life less ordinary. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.