Last Updated: April 16, 2019 Nidhi Singh
Ok, so 10 days is what you have at hand and you are here in India, which by the way is a vast and diverse land. You don’t intend to see everything in India right? Good! Because with 10 days at hand you won’t be able to, there are just too many things to do and see in the country. So, an ideal and wise 10 days plan would be:
- To first decide what interests you the most
- To pick a region that intrigues you the most and
- To create an itinerary to avoid confusion and missing out important things.
AND once you are done dealing with these three important steps, you can finally go out and materialize your plan! Since, we all know that India is a diverse land, chalking the right kind of India tour would be slightly difficult, buy HEY! Why are we here for? We can help you decide where to go and what to see. Here are some of the best ideas that you can choose from:
Ladakh Tour: Plunge into Adventure, Soak in the Spirituality and Bask amidst Nature’s Splendours
Route Plan: Delhi – Manali – Jispa – Sarchu – Leh – Uley Topko – Basgo – Leh – Delhi
Ladakh Tour is probably the best way to start exploration in India. Far away from the confines of maddening rush and sweltering heat, Ladakh offers a holiday that is unparallel in all its senses. Your adventure begins as soon as you take the road between Manali and Leh and your journey gets enough exciting by experiencing adventure sports at Manali. This one particular trip is sufficient to estimate tourism potentials of India. Here are highlights of the trip can be:
- Visit major tourist attractions of Delhi including Red Fort, India Gate, Jama Masjid, Humanyun Tomb, Birla Mandir, Qutub Minar, Laxmi Narayan Temple and the President’s House.
- Sightseeing tour of Manali covering major tourist attractions like Hadimba temple, Gayatri temple, Bijli Mahadev temple and the Vashisht Hot Water Springs. Experience adventurous sports like parachuting, skating, zorbing and paragliding, at the Solang valley
- Explore Jispa, for its remarkable scenery and panoramic views of the lovely surroundings.
- Enjoy luxury tented accommodations at Sarchu
- Witness gold-plated statue of Lord Buddha called the Maitreya Buddha, at Thiksey Monastery
- Guided tour to visit the Stok Palace.
- Explore the Phyang and Likir monasteries.
- Visit Pangong Lake and Lamayuru Monastery
Jammu & Kashmir Tour: Witness Unparalleled Nature’s Beauty, Enjoy the Amiable Environ and Savour the Mouth Watering Delicacies
Photo: Basit Alvi
Route Plan: Srinagar – Sonamarg – Gulmarg – Pahalgam – Katra – Jammu
The best thing about travelling is that it makes you realize how dead wrong you were about a place. Yes, Jammu & Kashmir can be a difficult state in India to travel to with all that terrorist activities and routine protests and strikes but once you have taken your mind above than these trivial issues, you’d realize what a fool you have been all through for keep postponing a trip to this true paradise on earth. The state has everything that you are looking forward to for an ideal holiday in India: Mountains rather snow-clad mountains, salubrious climate, scenic landscape, adventure activities, delicious food and good connectivity. Do I need to write more or you are convinced? Here are the highlights of the trip:
- Sightseeing in Srinagar include Mughal Garden
- Shikara ride on Dal Lake, Srinagar
- Day trip to Sonmarg
- Excursion to Gulmarg
- Visit to Pahalgam
- Darshan at Mata Vaishno Devi cave temple (if you are a Hindu)
Ancient Monastery Tour: Seek Knowledge, Imbibe Culture and Attain Tranquillity
Route Plan: Srinagar – Kargil – Rangdom – Padum – Kargil – Uletokpo – Leh (Ladakh)
Yes, you need to be interested and willing to learn about a whole new culture and an unshakable faith. You should also be ready to question as to how in ancient time a small tribes could come with such magnificent Gompa structures. There are monasteries in Ladakh and Kashmir that date back to 10th century AD as well and they house some of the most primitive thangakas and artefacts. Here is the highlight of the Ancient Monastery Tour:
- Shikara ride on Dal Lake
- Srinagar Sightseeing
- Visit to Rangdum and Sunni Gompa
- Excursion to Karsha Monastery (the largest one at Zanskar)
- Trek to Bardan Gompa (a 17th century monastery)
- Visit to Lamayuru Monastery (the oldest and largest Gompa in Ladakh)
- Trek to Rizong Monastery, known as ‘Paradise for Meditation’
- Visit to Alchi monastery
- Day trip to Hemis, Thiksey and Shey Monastery
- Visit to Kings Palace and Leh Mosque
Golden Triangle Tour: Meet the Three Musketeers of India, Enjoy Diverse Culture and Get Awe-Inspired by the Architectural Grandeur
Route Plan: Delhi – Agra – Jaipur
Almost everyone goes on a Golden Triangle Tour, so it is a deliberate sin we drop this one out from the list. Covering the three most incredible places of North India, the Golden Triangle Tour is one of a kind as it allows one to take a profound look into the culture and history of India. You as a visitor would love to get acquainted with not only the historic side of these three majestic places but you shall also get a glimpse of the modern lifestyle. So, take your time to explore each of these destinations and with no biasness we would recommend a longer stay in Delhi in order to get a better look at Capital’s nightlife, gourmet and shopping streaks. Here is the highlight of Golden Triangle Tour:
- Guided tour to Laxmi Narayan Temple, Parliament House, Red Fort, Gandhi Memorial, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb and Qutub Minar Complex
- Guided tour to Taj Mahal, Red Fort and the tomb of Itmad-Ud-Daula and Fatehpur Sikri
- Take an elephant joy ride to Amber Fort, visit Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh Fort, State Museum, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal and Chokhi Dhani
Yoga Tour: Become a New You, Enjoy Peace, Experience Divinity and Lose Yourself to Spiritualism
Route Plan: Delhi – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Shivpuri – Delhi
You can realize the power of Yoga once you land to the land of its origin. Teaching yoga for thousands of years now, India has become an international name when it comes to healthy living ambassadors. Rishikesh recognized as the Yoga Capital of India has been catching the attention of fitness freaks from all over the world and along with its neighbour Haridwar, it makes an excellent place for those seeking healthy living and peace of mind. Here are the highlights of Yoga Tour:
- Delhi Sightseeing.
- City tour followed by a visit to Ashrams in Rishikesh
- Attend meditation, yoga classes and lectures at Ashram in Rishikesh.
- Temple Tour in Haridwar
- Walk in the reserve forest at Shivpuri.
- Indulge in rafting.
- Explore wildlife at Chilla.
- Attend advance yoga class at Shivpuri.
Buddhist Circuit Tour: Attain Enlightenment, Peace and Knowledge at the Land of Buddha
Route Plan: Varanasi – Bodhgaya – Vaishali – Kushinagar – Kapilvastu – Shrawasti – Balrampur – Lucknow
India is the only country out of which three major religions of the world have originated. Certainly the land of Hindus, India is the origin land of religions like Buddhism and Jainism. To put it another words, apart from all Hindu Gods, India is the birthplace and abode of Lord Buddha and Lord Mahavira. Therefore, India is a pilgrimage centre like no other. The Buddhist Circuit Tour allows you to visit several places where Lord Buddha practiced and preached. It is a good opportunity to learn deep thing about Buddhism and attain complete peace of mind. Here are the trip highlights for you:
- Excursion to Sarnath- Dhamekh Stupa.
- Sightseeing Tour of Varanasi- Bharat Mata Temple and Vishwanath Temple.
- Sightseeing tour of Vaishali- Chaumukhi, Ashok Pillar and Lotus Tank Explore the length and breadth of Nalanda University
- Visit Jetvana Monastery
Forts and Palaces Tour: Marvel at the Magnificent Forts, Glorify their Majesty and Treasure the Splendid Views
Route Plan: Delhi – Mandawa – Bikaner – Jaisalmer – Jodhpur – Ranakpur – Udaipur – Pushkar – Jaipur – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Delhi
One of the best ways to explore India is to visit the forts and palaces. Rajasthan is probably one of the finest places to appreciate the art of fort making. Dotted with small and big forts and palaces, Rajasthan boasts rich culture and traditions. Second to Rajasthan would be Delhi and Agra, these two destinations give Rajasthan a good run the art of fort and monument making. Reflecting country’s rich past the relics present in these destinations are an absolute must-see in India. Here are the trip highlights for you:
- Explore Capital City Delhi; Humayun Tomb, Qutub Minar, Old Fort and Red Fort.
- Visit the famous Junagarh Fort of Bikaner
- Camel ride and sightseeing in Jaisalmer
- Spend some time in Mehrangarh Fort
- Soothing boating rides in the City of Lakes; Udaipur
- Relive the era of love in Taj Mahal
Temples, Tigers & Tribes of Central India: Explore the Heart of India and Plunge into its Many Adventures
Route Plan: Delhi – Jhansi – Orchha – Khajuraho – Bandhavgarh National Park – Kanha National Park – Kawardha – Raipur – Delhi
Madhya Pradesh is a blessed land, not only does it make the centre of India but it actually is the centre for many activities in India. Talk about forts, palace, lakes, waterfalls, national parks, temples or just about anything that relates to India’s rich culture, Madhya Pradesh is the place to find it all. Home to some primitive tribes and a large population of tigers, this central state is the destination for those wanting to get maximum from their India tour. Here are the highlights of the tour to Madhya Pradesh:
Textiles and Handicrafts of Gujarat: Get Drenched in the Colours of Gujarat, Savour their Sweet Delicacies and Dance to their Rythmic Tunes
Route Plan: Ahmedabad – Gondal – Junagadh – Gir -Jamnagar – Kutch – Dasada – Patan – Ahmedabad
Gujarat is a colourful land and culturally rich state. From their scrumptious food to their flamboyant art and craft, Gujarat seems to win hearts of not only domestic but foreign tourists as well. The steadfast approach of people in Gujarat towards their handicraft is worth appreciating and their unwavering dream of attaining world recognition for it is truly an allurement for those seeking to explore India better. Here is what you can see and do in Gujarat:
- Guided excursion to the local village nearby Sayla, famous for its local weaving and beadwork
- Visit the Naulakha Palace, known for its collection of brass utensils, beadwork, silverware and hand-painted wooden toys
- Game/Jeep safari in the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary
- Guided tour of Anjar City, famous as the center of textile and metal handicraft industry
- Guided tour of Patan to understand the art of double-ikat weaving technique
Chennai-Andaman Tour: Swim in the Ocean, Explore the Rich Architecture, Befriend Flora and Fauna and Find Inner Peace
Route Plan: Chennai- Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry – Thanjavur – Trichy – Chennai – Port Blair – Ross Island-North Bay Island – Harbour Cruise – Port Blair – Havelock Island – Port Blair – Mount Harriet – Port Blair – Chennai
One of the best trips that one can avail in 10 days includes Tamil Nadu and Andaman. Sighting the majestic temples that are done well in colour and sculptures and basking on pristine beaches and enjoying vivid water sports is certainly a deadly combination. Enjoy the serenity of Pondicherry in between and give yourself a break from routine trips. On coast, off coast, this Chennai-Andaman Tour is definitely a must-try. Here are the highlights of the trip:
- Sightseeing in Chennai
- Exotic temples of Kanchipuram
- Thanjavur attractions
- Tribal art at Anthropological Museum
- Port Blair city tour Pristine Coral islands in North Bay and Harbor Cruise
- Sun baked beaches of Andaman
- Water sports like Scuba Diving, Snorkeling and Canoeing
Kerala Tour: Lose Yourself to Serenity, Romance and Break into a Song
Route Plan: Cochin – Munnar – Periyar – Kumarakom – Alleppey – Kovalam
Undoubtedly one of the most scenic places in India, Kerala does deserve a dedicated trip to it. The beautiful backwaters, the emerald tea gardens, pristine beaches and tranquil cities, all make Kerala a must-visit destination in India. Rich culture, mouth-watering cuisine, vivid temples add to the flavours of this gorgeous state. Kerala is a perfect destination for people looking for a romantic getaway as well as incredible culture experience. Here are the highlights of Kerala Tour:
There are some other great trips apart from the ones mentioned above; a trip to North East India can be a soul-stirring experience (condition that it is planned properly). Treks to Uttarakhand and offbeat destinations in Himachal Pradesh can also be planned for a span of days. A mix tour to tribal and urban Odisha is also a good idea if one is seeking to explore the diversity in India. There are many ways that 10 days in India can be utilised; we hope you liked our suggestions. However, if you have more ideas to share with us, we are all ears to it.
If you are planning a trip to India we can help you design your tour itinerary and ease your tour to India. You can simply give us a call at +91-9212777223/24 or drop an email on email@example.com to allow us helps make your India tour memorable.
Image Courtesy: Google
Published: 21 Sep, 2015