Spring has sprung for the tulips to dance in bliss….
Ever imagined yourself surrounded by the land of emerald set in pearls, magnificent trees, majestic mountains, cool weather, land of lakes and clear streams? If you do then you must have planned to visit Kashmir this spring. As in the blissful vibes of gentle spring, you will get to see the infinitely varied beauty in different forms and colours. Each corner of Kashmir reveals some different charm and grandeur.
This 2024 the blissful shores of Srinagar in Kashmir is inviting you to show its charm and grandeur, to blow your heart away with its 6 day Tulip Festival – to welcome the blissful arrival of spring season which brings song filled mornings, serenity in every corner, picturesque views and blissful breeze which sets the rhythm for the dance of trees, flowers, lovely glades and forests who were drowsy by the bellowing winter. The festival will be from 4th April till 10th April. The festival will be held at the Tulip Garden of Srinagar.
In order to promote tourism, this blissful Tulip festival will showcase the valley’s rich culture and tradition. Tulip festival in Kashmir is a blissful sight to behold for nature lovers. The festival will be inaugurated by the Lieutenant governor of Jammu & Kashmir Manoj Sinha on 3rd April. According to the deputy director of tourism and publicity “All the arrangements are in place for the festival and we are looking forward to it”.
Dates of Kashmir Tulip Festival 2024
The dates for Tulip Festival 2024 will be from March 19 to April 20, 2024. It is a blissful haven for nature lovers.
Venue of Tulip Festival
Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden in Srinagar
- 25 INR for Children
- 50 INR for Adults
Recommended Kashmir Tour Packages
Every year Tulip Festival welcomes tourists with different charms and interests. In 2024 also, the Tulip Festival has left no stone unturned to bring joy to the tourists with some added attractions. It is the most popular spring festival in Kashmir.
- According to an official, there will be 62 varieties of Tulips and 15 lakh flowers of different varieties to mesmerize the tourists with its charms. Imam Rehman Rafi (caretaker of the garden) said – “Around 15 lakh bulbs of different varieties will mesmerise the visitors this year”.
- Tulips will be planted in different shapes of bed- circle, fan, diamond shapes etc along with other blissful trees like almonds, peach, apricot and ornamental plants like Daffodils, Hyacinths, Narcissus etc.
- Culture shows and musical evenings and craft of local and national artists will make your day.
- 25 stalls would be set up to showcase the rich tradition, culture and crafts of Kashmir.
- Unique display of diverse culture, lip- smacking cuisines, beautiful handicrafts and handloom products to make your day in Tulip festival more blissful.
- The garden authorities have introduced numerous facilities for the comforts of the visitors like free Wi-Fi, washrooms, drinking points and additional fountains.
- Enthusiastic campaigns will be held at prominent places like metro stations, travel marts and other public places to lure the tourists.
Other Interesting Blogs to Read
Let’s know about Tulip Garden and Festival
Set in the majestic foothills of Zabarwan mountain range and on the beautiful banks of Dal Lake, Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden is one of Asia’s largest tulip gardens. It is popularly known as Siraj Bagh.
It was established in 2007 to promote tourism and floriculture in the beautiful valley of Kashmir. It houses more than 60 varieties of blissful tulips along with beautiful species of daffodils, hyacinths and ranunculus. Since 2017, Tulip festival is organized to showcase a wide variety of flowers at the onset of spring. Nishat Bagh, Chashma Shahi and Dal Lake on three sides provide a blissful background to the Tulip Garden.
Tulip Festival in Srinagar is one of the best opportunities to feel the cultural vibe and beauty of the picturesque landscapes of the valley of Kashmir. Experience Tulip festival in Jammu& Kashmir in 2024 like never before only with TourmyIndia. Tulip Festival of Kashmir is the most highlighted tour in Kashmir Tour Package for the month of April. This makes the Tulip Festival, the heart of Jammu Kashmir Tourism for the month of April.
Other Important Jammu & Kashmir Tourism Links
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.When the blissful Tulip Festival is celebrated in Kashmir?
Tulip Festival is the most popular spring festival in Kashmir. Every year in the month of April Tulip Festival is celebrated to welcome the arrival of spring by showcasing a wide variety of flowers, especially Tulips.
Q.What is the venue for the Tulip Festival 2024?
Tulip Festival of Kashmir will be held at Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden In Srinagar.
Q.What is the price of tickets for the Tulip Festival in Kashmir?
The price of the ticket for children is INR 25 and the price for the adult is INR 50.
Q.How to book tickets online for the Tulip Festival?
Online ticket booking facility for Tulip Festival is not available. Tourists can visit the Tulip Garden to get the tickets and enjoy the blissful sights and sounds of the festival.
Q.What are the top things to do and see during the Tulip Festival?
Some of the top things to do and see during the Tulip festival
- Visit the picturesque Dal Lake,Nishat Bagh,Chashma Shahi Garden.
- Lip smacking cuisines, cultural activities, local handicrafts and handlooms in the festival will blow your heart away.
- Embrace the beauty of gorgeous Tulip flowers and other variety of plants
- Photography of scenic landscapes is must
Q.What are the timings of the Tulip Festival?
The timings for the tulip festival are 9:00am to 7:00pm.
Published: 30 Mar, 2021 | Last Updated: 09 Feb, 2024