100 Holiday Activities for Kids in and around Delhi
Delhi and its adjoining areas have many fabulous places to hangouts for adults. But when we think about our kids and growing up children we simply do not get enough knowledge about where we should take our kids during those weekends when they are craving for some fun. It is a good idea to inculcate the habit among our kids to gather more and more knowledge about our history or may be about the wonders of the world in form of historical monuments. There are many destinations in and around Delhi where you can take them for educational trips as well as the places where they can learn know about wildlife, and also if they are sports enthusiasts they will find many places which will give them fun during the weekends as well as their holidays. It will also helps them to become creative and learn more from the fun-filled activities and at the same time give them the adventure which is much needed for growing children.
Fun Places to be with Kids
- Make sand castles at Kingdom of Dreams and enjoy theatrical performances at a distance of 38.8 kms.
- Enjoy Go karting along with thrilling rides at Worlds of Wonder, Great India Place at a distance of 38.8 kms from Delhi.
- Go round and round like Ringa Ringa Roses at Adventure island located at Rohini, Opposite to Rithala Metro station.
- Rock climbing sessions and entertainment activities at Delhi Rock.
- Cycling through old lanes of Delhi along with guided tours and ride over Yamuna by boat with Delhi by Cycles.
- Chug along with miniature world of trains along with remote controlled cars and boats at Neverenuf Garden Railway 29 kms from Delhi.
- Thrilling rides in Entertainment Zone, Appu Ghar and Oysters beach which is just 39.5 kms from Delhi.
- For great bowling alley and play area for kids come at Versus Playing Zone at Tagore Garden.
- Ride battery operated car and play video games at Fun Zone, Sec 12, Faridabad, 49.2 kms from Delhi.
- Become a budding cricketer and polish your cricketing skills with bowling machines at Crazy Cricket, Dlf Phase IV, Gurgaon, 39.2 kms from Delhi.
- Amazing rides and lip smacking food at nearby food courts at Kids Paradise, RAJOURI Garden
- Bowling and enjoy fun filled activity at Appu Ghar Express, Sec 38, Noida, 38.7 kms from Delhi.
- Hone your gaming skills at Federation of Gamers, Saket at DLF Place.
- Bungee jumping for kids on Trampoline at West Gate Mall, Rajouri Garden.
- Do rain dance and splash in water at Splash water park near Outer Ring Road ON MAIN gt Karnal Road.
- Go Quack Quack with Duck train at Fun town amusement and Water Park in Bahadurgah, Haryana 25 kms from New Delhi.
- Enjoy Bowling at its best at Skittle Bowling Arena, Greater Noida located at 61.9 kms from Delhi
- Become a pro in gaming at Game X playing lounge, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi.
- Dip into the Indoor swimming pool at Aapno Ghar along with water games on Delhi-Jaipur Expressway 50.6 kms from Delhi.
- Outdoor games at DDA Sports Complex, Sec 11, Dwarka
- Bowl at largest bowling alley at Essex Farms, Hauz Khas where also nice dishes are served.
- Splash into the Wave Pool at Jurasik Park Inn, GT Karnal Road 13.7 kms from Delhi.
- Ride the Delhi Eye at Kalindi Kunj Park along with famous joy rides.
- Know about renewable form of energy at Rajiv Gandhi Renewable Energy Park and enjoy Solar car rides 38.9 kms from Delhi in Gurgaon.
- Love camping and Zorbing. Come at Camp Tikkling, Sohna road, Gurgaon, 59.8 kms from Delhi.
- Enjoy game of paintball at Shootout Zone, Chattarpur Zone.
- Go up and down at highest roller coaster at Drizzling land, Delhi Meerut Road, Ghaziabad at 44.3 kms from Delhi.
- Want to know about traffic rules? Get to Traffic training park at one of the these locations- Roshanara Bagh, Punjabi Bagh, Pragati Maidan, Bal Bhawan, BSZ Marg, Baba Kharak Singh Marg.
- Talk with stars and learn about their mystery at Nehru Planetarium, Central Delhi near Teen Murti House.
- Hop in Hop out at the Hoho Bus Service by DTC which is ideal for Delhi Darshan and book tickets on Delhi Tourism website.
- Walk along the heritage trail at Mehrauli Archaeological Park or Jamali Kamali at Mehrauli, South Delhi.
- Be like Micchael Phelps by learning swimming at Pacific Sports Complex, Andrews Ganj, Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Hone your Tennis skills at Hari Nagar Sports Complex, New Delhi.
- Learn and ride the horse at Janak Horse Riding Club, Sec 57- Gurgaon located 29.4 kms from New Delhi.
- Heritage trail by Walk at Hauz khas along with scenic monuments and lovely deer park.
- Ride Akbar the steam engine from Delhi Cantt to Alwar. Tickets can be booked through IRCTC Website.
- Learn history of Indira Gandhi at Indira Gandhi Memorial located near Safdarjung Tomb.
- Tell the history of automobiles at Heritage Transport Museum located at Manesar Gurgaon 45 kms from Delhi.
- Ride Mini rail and get information about Indian Railways at National Rail Museum, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
- Tell history of Fighter planes at Indian Air Force Museum, Palam, New Delhi.
- Show the paintings and artefacts from Mughal era at Archaeological Museum- Mumtaz Mahal, Red Fort.
- Take your little princess to Shankar’s International Dolls Museum and show her great dolls
- Tell the kids about Our First Prime Minister Nehru Museum at Teen Murti House, Chanakyapuri.
- Take the kids on a historical journey by taking to Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Smriti located at Birla House.
- Show the kids arms and ammunitions at Delhi Police Museum, CGO Complex but is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Tell kids more about Gandhi literature by visiting with them at National Gandhi Museum
- Take a leaf from the history of WW II at India War National Museum and guide your kids on history lessons.
- Tell the kids about freedom struggle of Tibet by taking them to a tour of Tibet House Museum which was founded by His Holiness Dalai Lama. 1965.
- Teach kids about Indian freedom struggle at Museums Of India Struggle for Freedom, Chandni Chowk, Delhi.
- Tell kids about parliamentarians and their history at Parliament Museum, New Delhi.
- Give knowledge to kids about ancient crafts and culture at National Museum, Delhi.
- Tell about the crafts and culture at Crafts Museum,National Handicrafts, near ITO, New Delhi.
- Tell the kids about making of Metro the modern means of transport in Delhi at Delhi Metro Museum, patel Chowk Metro station.
- If your kids interested in collecting postage stamps then take them to National Philatelic Museum, New Delhi.
Adventure Activities for Kids:
- Learn rock climbing and various outdoor activity at Indian Mountaineering Foundation, Shanti Niketan, Dhaula Kuan.
- Dive into Lazy River at Fun N food Village, Kapashera, New Delhi
- Learn Horse riding skills at The Children’s riding club on Race Couse Road near Safdarjung Tomb.
- Enjoy outdoor sports at Rohini Sports Complex by DDA suitable for all age groups.
- Learn team building at Camp Mustang 40 kms from Delhi at Gurgaon
- Dressage and Show jumping at its best at Excellentia Equitation Centre, Sultanpur Delhi.
- Enjoy Rock climbing and paragliding at Damdama lake, 63.1 kms from Delhi on Sohna Road.
- Kayaking and Water sports at Surajkund Lake located 2 kms from South Delhi.
You may also like to read
Picnic Resorts in and around Delhi
- Chill out at Pratapgarh farms and resorts by enjoying picnic with family and friends 57.3 kms from Delhi.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of Ganga and do ample fishing and gaming at Camp Aqua Forest Resort, Rishikesh, 265 kms from Delhi.
- Paly pool games at Westin Sohna resort and rejuvenate and relax at 64 kms from New Delhi.
- Walk along the nature trail at Botanix nature resort, 51 kms from New Delhi.
- Enjoy kids friendly activity at Golden Dunes Retreat, Pataudi Road, Gurgaon, 55.4 kms from Delhi.
- Unwind and rejuvenate during weekends at Surjivan Resorts located near Manesar 55 kms from Delhi.
- Rejuvenate and play at 32Nd Milestone behind Sector 15, Gurgaon located at 40 kms from Delhi.
- Enjoy sumptous cuisines and play great games at Kanak Garden Resort, GT Karnal road.
You may also like to read
Gardens, Parks and Lakes
- Learn about variety of flora at Garden of Five Senses located at Mehrauli-Badarpur Road at Said-Ul -Ajaib Village, New Delhi
- Enjoy rolling in the lush grass and swinging and swaying at Children’s park, India Gate.
- Heritage walk at Lodhi Gardens.
- Get playful at Millenium Park near Indraprastha Metro Station with your kids.
- Do boating at Prasad Nagar lake and enjoy Sharad Utsav during December.
- Play cricket of picnic at Central Park, Connaught Place .
- Enjoy boating at Naini lake Model Town, Delhi by riding paddle boats.
- Get away with the hustle and bustle of city at Leisure Valley Park 37.8 kms from New Delhi.
- Run and play games at the large Swarn Jayanti Park, Indirapuram, 20.1 kms from New Delhi.
- Enjoy the beautiful species of rose and teach your children about them at National Rose Garden, Chanakyapuri
- Witness variety of flowers including the Tulips at Mughal Gardens at Rastrapati Bhawan.
- Play in Talkatora gardens, which by the way is an ancient place.
- Pick up your favourite sport and indulge in it at the Chankayapuri open area for kids
You may also like to read
- Witness variety of animals at National Zoological Park adjacent to Purana Quila.
- Picnic and heritage walk at Deer Park
- Teach empathy to children about birds at Charitable bird hospital, Old Delhi.
- Bird watching paradise at Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary with 250 species of birds 50 kms from Delhi.
- Tell about WW II Martyrs at India Gate and popular hangout area for Delhites.
- Lean about the rich history of Delhi at Qutub Minar
- Picnic and heritage walk at Purana Quila .
- Camel Safari and light show at Neemrana Fort near Alwar 116 kms from Delhi.
- Know about astronomy and stars at Jantar Mantar, Connaught Place, Central Delhi.
- Heritage and food walk nearby Red Fort.
- Sound and Light Show at Red Fort
- Learn history of Tughlaq period and play in the open area for kids.
- Picnic in the gardens of Humayun’s Tomb, near Nizzamudin Delhi.
- Visit Mirza Ghalib Ki Haveli.
- Enjoy rowing boats and paddle boats at Boat Club, India Gate.
- Enjoy boating at Purana Quila with scenic backdrop of the Fort Purana Quila
- Guided tour of the city of almost 2 hours, conducted by children who used to live on the streets of Delhi.
We are lucky enough to find so many wonderful options in and around Delhi for kids. So, go now make weekends and holidays of your children worth the wait, and yes, don’t forget to have a good time as well. In case you want us to help you with planning a weekend holiday or long tour in India, give us a call at +91-9212553106/07 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ensure that your every trip is a memorable one and by no means burn a hole in your pocket.