Girnar Ropeway in Gujarat which has become Asia’s longest ropeway has recently been inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India, himself. The ropeway has been constructed on Mount Girnar in Junagadh District, which is a major tourist attraction in Gujarat because of the presence of pilgrimage sites such as Amba Temple, the Dattatreya Shrine, and many other Hindu templesas well as several Jain temples. Here’s all that you need to know about this soon to become a popular attraction which will make your Gujarat temple tour easy and quick.
Check out: Gujarat Tourism Packages
A little background on Girnar Ropeway
The Girnar Ropeway project was first proposed by the Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL) back in 1983 but the construction started only in September 2018 due to government approval delays and litigation.
Since the project was located within the Girnar Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park, the wildlife clearance was granted by the National Board for Wildlife in 2011 and the environmental clearance was granted only in 2016.
What is the Girnar Ropeway All About?
- This Asia’s longest ropeway is constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 130 crore.
- The project was given to Usha Breco on BOT (build-operate and transfer).
- An interesting fact about Girnar Ropeway its length of 2126.4 m (2.3km) can be covered in just 7.5 minutes.
- The construction includes building lower and upper terminals as well as nine poles supporting the rope.
- It operates mono-cable gondola detachable type lifts.
- Nine towers have been erected between Bhavnath Taleti and Ambaji Temple. The highest pole is 66-m and is placed on the 1000th step of Girnar.
- The cable care will take passengers to 850 m above the hill to the Amba Temple.
- There will be 25-30 cable cars, with a capacity of eight passengers each. The cable car can carry 1,000 passengers per hour but is operating at a capacity of 800 passengers per hour and 8000 per day.
- The ropeway provides a picturesque view of the lush greenery surrounding the Girnar Mountain.
How to Book Girnar Ropeway Ticket Online?
To book an online ticket for the Girnar Cable car, visit its website www.Udankhatola.com. The ticket prices for Girnar Ropeway are ₹400 (one-way) and ₹700 (two-way). For children between 5 and 10 years of age, the fare is ₹350.
What is Girnar Ropeway Timings?
The timings of Girnar Cable Car ride is between 8 am and 5 pm.
Now that you have all the information you require about Girnar Ropeway, we’re sure you are as excited as us to plan your trip to Gujarat and experience a ride in this Asia’s longest ropeway. So, book your tour to Gujarat with our best holiday packages and make the most of your vacation when in this western state of India by visiting Mount Girnar.
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.