Bhagwan Sheetalnathji Jain Temple in Calcutta is popularly known as Shri Badrinath Jain Swetambara Mandir. This temple is one of the famous Jain centres of pilgrimage. The main temple is known as Paraswnath Temple. It was built in the year of 1867. This temple complex is subdivided into four parts, Shitalnathji Temple is one of the four temples. It is a beautiful temple with designs intricate. The main temple is dedicated to Bhagwan Shitalanath. The idol has diamond studded forehead which is the main attraction. This temple is now managed by a private trust.
The temple has wonderful architectural structure. The entrance gate of the temple has a plaque with the name Rai Budree Das inscribed on it, he is the founder of this famous temple. Just beside the gate is the statue of a woman with long hair standing on a tile. The sculpture of the woman is that of wearing a gown with a flaming torch in one hand. This light is used to depict the silent testimony of the contemporary world.
The architectural design of this building is magnificent. It is a single storey structure and comprises of statue of two elephants along with their mahouts on either side. The statue of the founder of this temple is also seen here which is made up of white marble. This statue was constructed in the year 1910. The shikharas of the temple has mosaic pattern and is made up of coloured glass. The interior of the shrine has a lavish decoration of beautiful coloured glass and quality mirrors. The ceiling of the temple is decorated with elegant looking chandeliers and the floor of the temple is made up of marble with wonderful floral designs engraved on it.