Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter is unarguably one of the quickest and convenient ways to embark on a spiritual journey in Uttarakhand. But, over the past few years, there have been several fraud cases when devotees were cheated for helicopter ticket bookings, especially for Kedarnath Darshan.
So, if you are planning 4 Dham Yatra 2021 by helicopter and wondering about where, when and how to do the booking, we are here with a complete travel guide that will cover you with all the necessary and authentic information about the chopper services for Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri & Yamunotri Yatra. But before that, take a look at why you should endure the helicopter service for the popular pilgrimage circuits in the Garhwal Himalayas.
Recommended Tour Packages
Why Do You Need Helicopter Service for Char Dham Yatra?
4 Dham Yatra by helicopter service is not only for those who are pressed for time but also those who can’t manage to undertake the extensive road journeys. Travelling to the pilgrimage destinations by helicopter will let you complete the entire pilgrimage tour in the shortest period of time along with offering you a never had before spiritual experience to cherish for years to come.
After all, nothing can beat the experience of witnessing incredible and unparalleled beauty of the mountains all around and make it to all the Char Dham destinations including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath situated at a great distance from each other in such a short time.
Advantages of Char Dham Yatra By Helicopter
- The perks of travelling to 4 Dham Yatra by Helicopter are many. Of all, few of them includes the following:
- The first and foremost benefit of travelling by helicopter is it saves a lot of time, especially for those who are tight on schedule.
- It is the most comfortable mode of transport for those who are aged or suffering from any physical ailment.
- Devotees can get a bird’s eye view of the breathtaking Himalayan beauty all around.
Disadvantages of Helicopter Tour
Even though the helicopter ride costs a lot more than the traditional mode of travelling but it is worth taking in terms of time and a new experience.
How Many Heli Services Are There in Uttarakhand for 4 Dham Yatra?
Well, there are a number of Heli services in Uttarakhand that are both public and private. Some of the helicopter operators even offer services according to the number of Dhams you would wish to perform pilgrimage like Ek Dham, Do Dham, Teen Dham and Char Dham Helicopter Yatra. The timings and fares of the helicopter service can vary accordingly.
Also, charter planes services are available for Kedarnath and Badrinath Yatra. Devotees can either visit Badrinath or Kedarnath by a charter or can choose either of the two sacred sites. Mentioned below are the names of popular Heli tour operators for Char Dham in Uttarakhand:
- Pawan Hans
- Heritage Aviation
- JetTech Aviation
- Aryan Aviation Pvt Ltd
- Ghodawat Aviation
- Sar Aviation
- Colossus Air
- Pinnacle Air Pvt Ltd
- Utair India Pvt Ltd
- Himalayan Heli
- Summit Aviation Pvt Ltd
- Aerodream Aviation
From Which Places Chardham Yatra Heli Services Operates?
The starting point of the Char Dham Yatra helicopter service is Sahastradhara Helipad in Dehradun. The helicopter services to all the four destinations including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath is conducted at 6:30 AM.
Take a quick look at the sample itinerary for 4 Dham Tour by Helicopter:
- Helicopter Service to Yamunotri: Sahastradhara Helipad to Kharsali (Helicopter) – Kharsali to Yamunotri Temple (Pony or Trek). Return to Kharsali.
- Helicopter Service to Gangotri: Kharsali to Harsil (Helicopter) – Harsil to Gangotri (Car). Return to Kharsali.
- Helicopter Service to Kedarnath: Harsil to Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi (Helicopter) – Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi to Kedarnath (Helicopter). Return to Guptkashi.
- Helicopter Service to Badrinath: Guptkashi to Badrinath (Helicopter). Return to Dehradun.
Also, devotees who wish to endure Do Dham Yatra (Kedarnath-Badrinath), the itinerary looks like:
- Helicopter Service to Kedarnath: Sahastradhara Helipad to Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi (Helicopter) – Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi to Kedarnath (Helicopter) – Kedarnath Helipad to Kedarnath Temple (around 10-minute trek). Return to Kedarnath Helipad.
- Helicopter Service to Badrinath: Kedarnath Helipad to Badrinath (Helicopter) – Badrinath Helipad to Badrinath Temple (Car or trek) – Return to Dehradun.
Similarly, devotees can attain spiritual fulfilment by availing helicopter service to Ek Dham and Teen Dham.
How to Book Helicopter for Char Dham Darshan?
There are two types of heli services for 4 Dham Yatra. One is controlled by Uttarakhand Government who offers services for Kedarnath from local helipads situated in Kedarnath Valley. The helicopter bookings can only be made from the official website approved by the Uttarakhand Government or local booking centres established by the government.
Another helicopter service for all the 4 Dhams is offered by private heli tour operators. You can book private charter helicopter tour packages from a reputed travel agent on attractive prices.
These private helitour operators offer a range of helicopter packages for Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath which includes their terms & conditions, inclusion & exclusion, package cost, and more.
You can also book your private charter helicopter tour for Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath with Tour My India.
Travel Tips for Yatra By Helicopter
There is very limited space in the chopper, so only 5kg per passenger is permitted for Helicopter tours. It is recommended to avoid suitcases and carry only handbags.
- Don’t forget to carry cash and helicopter tickets along with you.
- Due to high altitude (especially during Kedarnath Darshan by helicopter), the weather is always cold. Make sure you carry a medical kit and woolen clothes when travelling to CharDham.
- Helicopter Tour totally depends on the weather conditions. Therefore, it should be kept in mind when booking the helicopter service that there are possibilities of the ride being delayed or cancelled due to bad weather.
So, this was everything you need to know for booking your Char Dham Yatra by helicopter.
If you need more information or assistance in planning your holidays by helicopter, we are here to help. Give us a call at +91-8744012051 or send your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our travel experts will get back to you with the necessary information required for booking the yatra package
Check out: Popular Char Dham Yatra Tourism Packages
Like & Follow our social media accounts at Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin & Instagram for getting the latest updates & offers on holiday packages.
Disclaimer: We do not take credit for some of the licenced paid images used in our blogs, whether from Google Images, Fotolia & Shutterstock. All such images are the copyrights of their respective owners and we try to provide credit for them wherever we can. If, however, any copyright image has been used on our blog, the concerned person can either mail us directly to remove the image or provide credit to whomsoever the image may belong to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Is the Char Dham Yatra Helicopter Service Exclusive or Shared?
Devotees who are planning to avail helicopter services for Ek Dham, Do Dham, Teen Dham or the entire pilgrimage circuit need to share the ride with other passengers. Exclusive 4 Dham Yatra Helicopter service is only for the VVIPs.
But one can also hire the full private charter helicopter for their tour. The luxury private charter tours also offer VIP Darshan at Chardham temples in the packages.
Q.What Type of Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter Packages Are Available?
There are a number of private charter helicopter packages devotees can avail as per their needs and preferences. By this, we mean, devotees who cannot make it to all the 4 Dhams due to time constraints, can avail Ek Dham Yatra, Do Dham or Teen Dham by Helicopter.
Also, the cost of helicopter tour packages may vary according to the destinations devotees choose to perform the pilgrimage. Some of the most popular & selling charter helicopter packages are as follows:
- 1 Day Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Kedarnath- Badrinath)
- 1 Day Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Yamunotri Gangotri)
- 4N/5D Charter Helicopter Tour Package for Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath & Badrinath
- 2N/3D Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Kedarnath-Badrinath)
Q.How to Protect Yourself from Fraud Cases When Booking Char Dham Yatra Packages?
One of the worst experiences when travelling is to be cheated by fraudsters. We have already mentioned in the beginning, there have been several fraud cases related to helicopter booking for 4 Dham Yatra, especially for Kedarnath Darshan from local operational offices at Kedarnath Valley. So, if you are planning a spiritual tour in the Garhwal Himalayas by Helicopter, the following are the things to remember:
- Helicopter booking for Kedarnath Dham will only be made through the official website of Government.
- Helicopter packages can be also availed from the private heli operators.
- Carry a hardcopy of the helicopter booking confirmation.
- Be aware and only book your helicopter tour with a reputed travel agency.
- Read all the guidelines, terms and conditions, cancellation policies carefully.
- Stay alert and attentive throughout the journey.