Pilgrimage to Begin in Tungnath from May 8
The portals of the third Kedar amongst the five Kedars (Panch Kedar), Tugnath is likely to open on May 8 for the devotees. According to reports, all preparations have been made to carry the idol of Tungnath from the winter seat of Markendya Temple, Makkumath to the main Tungnath Temple in Chopta, Uttarakhand.
As per the high priests Ram Prasad Maithani and Maheshwar Prasad Maithani, the Utsav Doli (Palanquin) of God Tungnath will leave the winter seat Makkumath on May 6 after all the rites and rituals are performed. The evening halt of the palanquin shall be Bhootnath Temple, where a few devotees will get the opportunity to pay homage. The Dola will reach Chopta on May 7. The time for the portals of the Tugnath Temple for the devotees to be opened on May 8 is set to be at 11.15 AM.
You may also like to read:
- Why is Char Dham Yatra Extremely Significant for Hindus
- How to Complete Char Dham Yatra in 10 Days
- 733 Pilgrims Visited Kedarnath Temple as the Weather Clears
- Char Dham Yatra 2015 Remains Safe Despite Earthquake
- Bookings For Char Dham Yatra 2017 Have Started
To get all the live updates from Tour My India, like our Facebook Page and click here for enquiry and holiday packages for Panch Kedar Yatra