Last Updated: June 27, 2019 Latika Sabharwal
Bandhavgarh National Park is famous for its white tiger population, but now it has become popular for the highest density of Bengal tigers. The Park has always been a center of attraction for the wildlife junkies. Sprawling over an area 446 square kilometers in the heart of India, Madhya Pradesh, Bandhavgarh National is also a place where you can see leopards, wolves, Indian bison, barking deer and many other wildlife species roaming freely. Throughout the year, Bandhavgarh remains packed with the crowd. So as to provide a comfortable stay to tourists, from budget to luxury, many wildlife resorts are built around the park.
If you’re planning a trip to Bandhavgarh National Park in near future and looking for the best jungle resorts around the city, then you should go for the following options.
Taj Mahua Kothi
Taj Mahua Kothi, Photo: https://goo.gl/7uBncm
Just imagine- staying in a cottage on a vast, grassy plain, punctured by Sal, Saj, Bija and Banyan trees, which feed a robust population of tiger, barking deer, nilgai, and deer. Welcome to Mahua Kothi, 20 minutes away from the entrance of the Bandhavgarh National Park and home to Indian wildlife. Spread over an area of 40 acres; Mahua Kothi is the places where the wildlife meets luxury. This luxury resort is set in the Vindhya Hills and is delicately designed for couples although families with children are welcome, too. Bestowed with all the modern amenities perfectly planned for a comfortable stay, Mahua Kothi is one of the best luxury resort in Bandhavgarh.
- Nature walks- witness the park by walking on foot
- Chauffeur-driven pick and drop from Khajuraho & Jabalpur airports
- Guided safari in a customized Tata open 4×4 safari vehicles
- Tour to nearby village to explore the lifestyle of rural people
- 12 well-furnished kutiyas with in-room basic amenities like A.C, minibar, laundry bag, in-room heating, writing desk, and direct dialing telephone
- Guest can savor finger licking food under the shade of lush mahua trees that serve home-grown organic vegetables and fruits
- Kids can connect with the local culture through fun lessons under the caring supervision of the trained and enthusiastic activities staff
- The resort is equipped with swimming pool, traditional garden, interactive kitchen, spa and a Safari Shop
Samode Safari Lodge
Samode Safari Lodge, Photo: https://goo.gl/9PhQG5
Serene and beautiful, so says the fellow travelers who have experienced a relaxing stay in the Samode Safari Lodge. Located in the heart of tiger country, Bandhavgarh, the lodge is hardly an hour drive from Jabalpur. Listed in the best luxury wildlife resorts in India, Samode Safari Lodge is a perfect place to enjoy a comfortable stay in the wilderness.
- The lodge offers a stay in 12 spacious independent villas featuring a four-poster bed, verandah with forest views and an open area bathroom with shower and large tub.
- Guests can enjoy delectable Indian, barbecue and continental cuisines around the campfire, on the poolside, amidst the bushes or in the comfort of the villa. Gole Ghar, Jim’s Grill and Gurney House are the three restaurants of the lodge.
- The lodge features state-of-the-art and prompt facilities like doctor on call, safari tours, laundry, travel desk, spa, stocked library, swimming pool, gymnasium and an art gallery.
- A guided tour to the nearby villages
- For adventure seekers, activities such as jeep safari and cycling tours are organized by the resort.
Tree House Hideaway
Tree House Hideaway, Photo: https://goo.gl/uY5JRV
Do you dream of staying in a tree house, enjoy reading your favorite book while the birds are chirping outside and greeting you every morning? Well, this dream can come true if you book a stay in the Treehouse hideaway in Bandhavgarh. Each of the five air-conditioned tent houses in the lodge has a walk-in closet, satellite television, living area and a balcony from where you can greet birds and spot animals. So if you’re tired of your babbling city life, and wish to wake up to the sound of the chirping birds than Tree House Hideaway is a perfect place to stay for the next holiday. A stay in these specially crafted tree houses, where the hospitality is premium is an experience that is worth treasuring.
- To explore the diverse Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, the resort offers a jeep safari in 4 x 4 Open Suzuki Jeeps with front facing elevated seats.
- Apart from the jeep safari, the thrill seekers on a stay at the resort can enjoy cycling tours and picnics in the park and nearby villages.
- There are five tree houses in the resort namely Mahua, Tendu, Peepal, Banyan, and Palash. Divided into different parts, the tree houses are furnished with premium amenities and basic facilities like 24 hrs hot or cold water, living area, mini bar, split ACs with 100% power back up, mosquito netting, writing table and chair, and balconies offering the beautiful view of the park.
- The highlight of the tree house is its dining area, which is built around a century-old Mahua tree on two levels. At the top level, you can enjoy a relaxing drinking session with friends while looking at the beautiful landscapes and greenery around.
Kings Lodge, Photo: https://goo.gl/FxyQAd
10 minutes drive from the main entrance of the Bandhavgarh National Park; Kings Lodge is the perfect place to stay for the nature lovers. With cottages made of local materials and sewage treatment plan installed for safe water, the camp makes every possible effort to adopt eco-friendly credentials. Also, make a point to go for a jeep safari to Bandhavgarh National Park, which is famous for the largest population of tigers in India. The lodge also has an organic farm, from where you can pick vegetables for your meal.
- At the lodge, travelers can choose to stay in cottage room or stilt cottage rooms.
- All the cottages in the lodge are well appointed with facilities like attached bathroom, a large verandah that offers the view of the resort, writing chair and table
- For the food lovers, there is a beautiful dining hall overlooking the grasslands and landscapes clad with sal trees
- Those looking for a little relaxation and rejuvenation can take a dive in the pool or enjoy a relaxing spa time at the lodge.
- The lodge rooms are constructed using recycled products. Additionally, an eco-sensitive waste disposal systems are also installed in the lodge.
One of the leading luxury resorts in Bandhavgarh National Park, Bandhav Villas is a perfect place to stay in an adventurous ambiance. The spacious rooms of the hotel offer impeccable services and facilities. The resort also has a spa center and a swimming pool that can prove to be relaxing after an enthralling jeep safari at Bandhavgarh National Park. For the lovers of nature and wildlife, Bandhav Vilas is the place to be.
- Each and every room of the hotel is spread over an area of 1000 sq feet and offer world class facilities like a bedroom, walk-in closet, mini bedroom, television, private deck, and courtyard with a rainshower.
- The resort houses a swimming pool with a massage and spa centers that offers utmost relaxation to the tourist.
- The resort organizes visits to Bandhavgarh National Park with guides.
Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge
Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge, Photo: https://goo.gl/hx28P4
A luxurious eco-resort, Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge is set amidst the surreal forest, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The resort has been designed in such a manner that the guests can enjoy a relaxing stay and understand the importance of eco-tourism, and its positive effects. With the installation of solar power panels, adoption of organic farming, and flourishing medicinal plant garden, Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge pledges to put emphasis on preserving the regenerating and multi-faceted natural resources of nature. Meals in the resort are made from fresh food and vegetable picked from the organic farm By offering warm hospitality and perfect services; Bandhavgarh Jungle Lodge is the right place to book for the best experience.
- There are 21 well decorated, clean and comfortable rooms in the resort; equipped with modern facilities.
- For an intimate movement with the loved ones, guests can enjoy their meal on a verandah. Also, there is a library, which often remain intact with the book lovers.
- Inside the property, there is an organic farm from where guest can pick vegetables for their meals. Alo there is a nursery, where tourists can find medicinal and herbal plants.
- Regular trips to the organic farms and neighboring villages are organized on the daily basis by the lodge.
- Here different types of safari experiences are on offers like elephant safari and jeep safari.
Jungle Mantra, Photo: https://goo.gl/oOevQZ
Located amidst lush green Vindhyan Range on the bank of a lake, Jungle Mantra is known for offering one of its kind luxury wildlife experience in Madhya Pradesh. At Jungle Mantra, tourists can book a stay in stylish cottages with wooden flooring and bamboo roof. The greenery and tranquility attract a variety of birds so keep your cameras handy.
- Clean and comfortable cottages of Jungle Mantra are well appointed with modern services
- On daily basis, the resort organizes tribal dance shows, jeep safaris and sightseeing tours
- Meals prepared at the hotel restaurant are prepared with fresh spice and vegetables from our organic gardens and local villages
Camp Aranya, Photo: https://goo.gl/N0g2Lm
Amidst the Bandhavgarh four hills, nestles the beautiful Camp Aranya on the bank of Charan Ganga river. All the river and forest facing deluxe rooms and cottages of the camp features standard amenities like free wifi, air conditioner, heater, and doctor on call. Traditional cuisines are prepared at the Camp Aranya and mostly are created using vegetable and herbs grown in camp’s organic garden.
- The resort organizes guided jeep and elephant safari tours
- The in-house restaurant offers scrumptious meals
Toms’ Lodge, Photo: https://goo.gl/k1xRWH
Spread across 5 acres; at Tom’s Lodge & Jungle Spa you can find 11 cottages that ensure a complete privacy. The lodge is hardly a yard away from the Tala gate of Bandhavgarh National Park. On a stay at the Tom’s Lodge & Jungle Spa, you can expect usual sightseeing such as gaurs, sambars, barking deer, striped hyenas and Indian leopards, besides the excellent big cat viewing opportunities. Restaurant in the lodge serves scrumptious local cuisines and resort also offer facilities like nature trekking, safari, tribal performances, village tours and bird watching.
- Our 11 luxury cottages are cradled by indigenous flora and fauna. The stone floored cottages features a separate bathroom area with outdoor shower, minibar, LCD television, writing table & chair, and tea and coffee maker.
- They also have a fitness center, jacuzzi, spa and steam room
- The lodge is happy to arrange jeep safari and village tour for the guest
Tigergarh Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/LaKvcm
If there are certain words that could best explain the beauty of Tigergarh than it has to be elegant, which is located in a small hamlet of Bandhavgarh called Ranchha. All the rooms of the resort, whether they are cottages or deluxe villas, are tastefully decorated with plush interiors and all the modern facilities. And for those looking for a little relaxation can book an appointment at the in-house spa or dive in its outdoor pool.
- The in-house restaurant of the resort, waterhole restaurant, serves scrumptious local, Continental, Mughlai and Chinese cuisines.
- Called as Guffas, the four exquisite A/C villas in the resort overlooks the lush green forest. Each villa is tastefully decorated with king-size four-post beds, large windows overlooking green expanse, huge elegant bathrooms, TVs, and balcony overlooking a manicured garden.
- Along with the A/C villas, there are cottages and rooms in the resort that furnished with all the modern facilities.
Tiger Den Resort
Tiger Den Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/dkIo8E
All thanks to its unique location, Tiger Den Resort is one of the most popular budget resorts in Bandhavgarh. The rooms of the resort are set in a beautiful ground, with 60 kinds of trees, a couple of more than medicinal plants and other shrubs. Since the lodge is quite close to the village, so you can also go for a village tour.
- At Tiger Den Resort, you can book accommodation in 34 elegantly appointed Deluxe and luxury cottages rooms facing the Vindhyanchal range.
- For the closer look of the park, the resort offers a guided jeep and elephant safari tour and birding trips. Naturalists and wildlife experts of the resort offers a guided tour of the resort to show you the 60 different kinds of trees, and medicinal plant nursery.
- Foodies can enjoy scrumptious breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack at the Sita Madhi Restaurant that serves a rich variety of Indian and Continental cuisines.
Infinity Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/DZoEXJ
Tip top and tasteful! Sharing its border with the tiger reserve, Infinity Resort in Bandhavgarh, with its elegant architecture and plus interiors simply reminds one of the Maharajah’s shooting lodges. The rooms in the resort range from lakeside pavilions to villas to deluxe rooms and all are unfussy and well-appointed. Infinity Resort puts particular emphasis on the eco-friendly policies and even use solar water heaters to generate hot water.
- To reduce the carbon footprint, the resort follows the ‘eco-friendly’ policies like the solar water heaters are used to provide hot water.
- All the double-storied pavilions, spacious tents, villas and deluxe rooms of the resort are tastefully decorated with stones of differing colors.
- For the business travelers, the resort provides a Conference room, Library, Games area and other amenities suitable for group gatherings.
- Guests who wish to seek relaxation after a tiring jeep or elephant safari session can relax in the pool or enjoy a massage at the in-house spa.
- The restaurant of the resort serves Intercontinental, Indian, and local cuisines prepared with the finest and trained chefs.
Tiger Trail Resort
Tiger Trail Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/66jL91
Claimed to be best of the top places to stay in Bandhavgarh for the budget travel, Tiger Trails Resort is situated in the Tala village and is spread over 11 acres wooded estate. Due to its closeness to the park, here you can spot many animals and birds while sitting in the rooms. Don’t forget to go for nature walks, bird-watching, or trekking.
- The resort has 20 well-furnished cottages boasts of all the modern amenities and all of them overlook the garden.
- The restaurant of the resort that overlook a lake serves delicious Indian and Chinese food. Also, there is a bar in the resort.
White Tiger Forest Lodge
White Tiger Forest Lodge, Photo: https://goo.gl/FJZArY
Offered by MPTDC (MP State Tourism Development Corporation), White Tiger Forest Resort is considered as the best option to stay in Bandhavgarh National. This 36 room resort boasts a huge swimming and a conference hall for the business travelers. Not far from here is Charan Ganga river, which attracts herds of deer, leopards, and even tigers to quench their thirst. So there is the slightest possibility that you might spot animals from the lodge room.
- There are 36 rooms in the resorts, out of which 24 are deluxe AC and rest 12 have safari coolers. It also has a swimming pool and conference hall.
- In-house restaurant of the lodge serves scrumptious multi cuisines.
Wildflower Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/b5BCrj
It’s tough to get bored at this place. On a stay in the wildflower resort, divide your time between the spa, swimming pool and jungle safari. At the three restaurants at the resort, you can pick local cuisines and spend your evenings exchanging stories with other guests over drinks. This 15 luxurious cottage property has a lovely local touch.
- For adventurers, the resort offers jeep safari, elephant safari, bird watching tours and village tours.
- Orchid, Mahua and Tiger’s Torch are three in-house restaurants of the resort that serves delicious cuisine.
- The suites and deluxe rooms of the resort are well-appointed with amenities such as alarm clock, coffee maker, and LCD television with DTH Satellite TV.
Mogli Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/Vn3c4H
When it comes to the budget accommodations in Bandhavgarh National Park, Mogli Jungle resort appears on the top of the list. At a distance of merely 2 km from the main gate of the Bandhavgarh National Park, the resort is famous for offering a stay in its elegant tasteful rooms. Ventilated rooms, restaurants, adventurous jungle safaris, bird watching, nature walk and elephant safari are some attractive features of the resort.
- AC room, AC cottage, and Superior cottages are three types of accommodation options available in the resort.
- The resort also has a library and projection booth where guests are shown wildlife and environmental themed movies.
Mahua Tiger Resort
Mahua Tiger Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/804vtv
A nice three star property, Mahua Tiger Resort is famed for providing premium wildlife holiday in Bandhavgarh National Park. If you’ve been looking for a beautiful place to stay and enjoy the best of nature, then there is no better place than Mahua Tiger Resort. The resort has a provision for fine dining in the multi-cuisine restaurant. Mahua Tiger Resort offers an excellent blend of leisure and business amenities. It is a good choice for hosting events, meeting, conventions and conferences.
- This five acres property features 13 AC Deluxe Cottages, 7 Deluxe AC Swiss Tents furnished in Rajputana style overlooking the lush green jungles.
- The resort offers village our, day and overnight tours to Sanjay National Park and even organizes workshops with bamboo weavers.
Bandhavgarh Meadows, Photo: https://goo.gl/0WtnIo
Bandhavgarh Meadows is situated in Bijaria village and covers several acres. On a stay in the Bandhavgarh Meadows, you can enjoy a tribal dance performances, bonfire and various wild adventures like jungle safari, nature walk, cycling, trekking and many more things. The water-hole inside the resort attracts the attention of wildlife animals.
- A.C. Luxury Villa, A.C. Elegant Villa, and A.C. Independent Cottage are well-ventilated and spacious rooms offered for stay by the reort.
- For some peaceful time, there is a badminton court, swimming pool, and a spa.
- Jungle safari, village tours, and nature walks are organized by the resort.
- All the villas and cottages of the resorts come with a bathroom, bath amenities, complimentary Wi-Fi and lots more.
Sun Resort, Photo: https://goo.gl/Q3hjsD
Extending across several acres and overlooking the lush green jungles, Sun Resorts boasts clean, tidy and comfortable AC rooms and dormitories. The highlight of the resort is guided jungle safaris. With so many species of birds visiting the resort and campsite, the resort is nothing less than a paradise for birdies.
- Gaze into stunning area of the park from the comfort of the AC Rooms and A/c Dormitory of the resort.
- Dig your spoon into the local food at the in-house restaurant of the resort.
- Discover the exotic flora and fauna of the national park from the comfort of the safari vehicle. Experienced, informed and skilled naturalists would accompany you throughout the journey.
Tala Camp, Photo: https://goo.gl/QhyFPk
Visited by many legendary naturalists, conservationists and ecologist, Tala Camp offers an authentic wildlife experience in the lap of nature. Here guests can also stay in the tents that can be pitched in the verandah. The hotel also arranges guided jeep safari and village tours.
- Tala Camp has five air-conditioned rooms. Also, the hotel has a well-stocked library and an open area camp fire place.
- The camp organizes bird watching and village tours
Published: 09 Jun, 2016