Published: 01 Jul, 2019 Swati Mishra
The picturesque settings of palm trees; the aroma of spices; pristine beaches; and emerald backwaters give the eyes a visual treat. Yes, Kerala makes one of the most sought after tourist destinations in India. Tourists visiting Kerala not only have a rendezvous with nature but also experience euphoria while luxuriating in stunning hotels and resorts that dot the entire state. If you too have been planning a family trip to Kerala, here I bring to you the list of best family resorts that will give you reasons to cherish the trip for a lifetime. The hotels and resorts in Kerala offer an experience of traditional Ayurveda massage, traditional cuisine, the art of cooking and a lot more. So, let’s quickly check out this blog to get a sneak peek into the best hotels and resorts of Kerala for your family.
Table of Content: [hide] [show]
1. Trident: Relish a Luxurious Stay and Rejuvenate Yourself With Traditional Ayurveda Therapy
The beautiful swimming pool area, impeccable interiors and the warm hospitality of the staff members are the things that you will notice in the elegant 5-star Trident hotel. Located on Willingdon Island, Hotel Trident is perfect, if you are looking for a luxury vacation in Kerala. With top-notch services, every thoughtful gesture that you will receive is sure to win your heart and make you fall in love with the place. Not just this, the hotel even offers complimentary cooking classes and Ayurveda Centre that are not to be missed. The traditional massage offered here will help you unwind and add to a memorable experience of your stay here.
- Inviting blue waters of the swimming pool
- Complimentary cooking classes for you and your kids
- Ayurveda Centre for wellness and healing
- Travancore in-house restaurant to relish multi-cuisine including Kerala delights
2. The Dunes: Experience an Impeccable Hospitality in an Ambience where Comfort Meets Convenience
Yet another family-friendly hotel in Kerala, the Dunes is a 4-star hotel and one of the best in Cochin where comfort meets convenience. With a contemporary design, the hotel comprises imperial amenities and world-class services and a promise to make your stay in Cochin a memorable one. Every corner of the hotel whether it be the luxury rooms, restaurants and other venues, display a sheer elegance. Coming to the architecture of the hotel, it has a unique blend of avant-garde which gives the hotel a classic look. In addition to this, as the hotel is perched right in the heart of the city, it provides easy access to the tourist attractions of Cochin.
- Authentic Ayurveda treatment that cleanses the entire body
- A roof-top restaurant where you can enjoy multi-culinary delights
- A swimming pool where you can relax with your family
3. Crowne Plaza: Detox Your Senses at the Tranquil Waterfront Settings and Let Luxury Pamper You to the Fullest
With breathtaking views of the backwaters, Crowne Plaza is an ideal option if you are looking for luxury hotels in Cochin. Located at a distance of approx 33 km from the city airport, Crowne Plaza provides easy access to the popular points of interest, especially the widely acclaimed Fort Kochi. With amazing amenities and world-class, there is no doubt that you and your family is going to get the celebrity treatment.
- Garden area where you can sit, relax and adore nature
- Games room where you can indulge in a myriad of activities with your kids
- Kid-friendly buffet where your child can choose according to their choice
4. Le Maritime: Luxuriate Amidst Ambience Inspired by Colonial Architecture
A magical world with excellent facilities, Le Maritime will give you one of the best travel experiences in Cochin. Located off Marine Drive, the hotel combines brilliant amenities and indulgent hospitality which will make your family vacation a memorable one. The hotel boasts splendid room types and you can choose to book either a luxurious suite, executive or ambient. The striking exterior is inspired by the colonial architecture.
- Fitness and wellness facilities like spa and sundeck
- Swimming pool to relax and play with your kids
5. Fragrant Nature: Experience a Stay in Contemporary Style Rooms with Splendid Views of The Harbour
A boutique 5-star hotel, Fragrant Nature features contemporary style rooms with magnificent views of the harbour. The interior of the hotel is magnificent comprising Trompe-l’oeil artwork by two popular English artist that is there in the lobby. As you take a walk in the hotel you will lose yourself to the breathtaking luxury underlined by world-class facilities and services which indeed make Fragrant Nature one of the best luxurious places to stay when on a family vacation to Kerala with family. Staying in the hotel, you can feel niggle seep away when you enjoy an Ayurvedic massage at the State-of-the-Art Spa, the major highlight of the hotel.
- Ayurveda Massage to feel relaxed and rejuvenated
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pool where you can relax with your kids
6. Abad Plaza: Savour Home-Style International Culinary Delights and Take a Plunge in the Massive Rooftop Swimming Pool
Well-known for its family-friendly environment and proximity to the tourist attractions in Kochi, Abad Plaza is a 3-star hotel. With beautifully decorated rooms, a rooftop swimming pool, Ayurveda and Spa centre, a book shop, the hotel is a perfect choice for a family vacation. Abad Plaza gives an opportunity to enjoy home-style international culinary delights, fully-equipped lounge making your visit to Cochin worth remembering. Also, the good thing is, you can even head to some of the attractions like Subhash Park, Mattancherry Palace, and Ernakulathappan Temple that are within walking distance from the hotel.
- A book shop where you can take you can kids
- A rooftop swimming pool to chill and relax
- Ayurveda and Spa Centre to feel calm and rejuvenated
7. Forte Kochi: A Royal Retreat with a Blend of Old World Charm and Modern Facilities
Once the palatial home of an eminent Jew family, Forte Kochi has converted into a luxurious style heritage hotel making it perfect to plan a stay with family. The feel of the rooms is no less than royalty which has a blend of old world charm and modern luxurious facilities. The inviting poster-beds, colourfully tinted windows, and wooden furniture appear to be inviting. Booking a holiday at this one of the best heritage hotels in Kerala twill give you an opportunity to experience the ancient royalty in Kochi.
- A swimming pool for a nice refreshing lazy swim or simply snooze under the soothing sun
- A library and coffee lounge to enjoy reading over a cup of cappuccino or tea
8. Misty Mountain: Awaken to the Sweeping Views of the Tranquil Natural Beauty
Said to be one of the best family-friendly resorts in Munnar, Misty Mountain will make your stay in Munnar the best one. The rooms of the resort will let you relish panoramic sweeping views of the mountain ranges, lush tea gardens and the distant Sengulam dam and lake. The beauty of the resort is best relished at the sunset when the environment gets enveloped in veils of mist that is sure to make your holiday in Munnar unforgettable. You can choose your stay in the form of Standard Rooms, Valley View Rooms, Valley View Deluxe Rooms, and Valley View Suites. Also, with a number of fun-filled activities like trekking, Ayurvedic Spa treatments and indoor games for your kids, Misty Mountains will give you an enthralling experience. You and your kid can even treat the taste buds by trying out scrumptious cakes, pastries, chocolates that are offered in the bakery of the resort.
- Game area to indulge table tennis, carom and more
- Children’s play area that assures a wonderful time for your children
- Antara Ayurspa to unwind and feel revived
- Bakery to try out some amazing cakes, chocolates and pastries
- Nature walk at the resort’s secret garden
- Offers Karaoke and Bonfire activities
9. Chandys Windy Woods: Enjoy Family Vacation While Learning the Interesting Art of Cooking
With breathtaking views tea plantation, Chandys Windy Woods is one of the top hotels in Kerala. Set along a hill slope, the luxurious hotel comprises a series of rectangular blocks with white walls, chrome and glass fittings that add a contemporary touch. The rooms of Chandys Windy Woods has an artificial waterfall that is truly a treat to the eyes and soothing for the soul. Besides, the chef here will not only take proper care of your personal interest in treating your taste buds but also offers interesting cooking classes to the food enthusiasts.
- Cooking classes for food enthusiasts
- Games room and Children’s Park where your child can spend time playing
- A walking tour and cycling to embrace nature
- Spa and Wellness Centre that will let you feel rejuvenated
- Outdoor activities and sports like a bonfire, jungle safari and snorkelling
10. Spice Tree: Feel and Relax in the Aura of Serenity and Unwind at the Spa Session
Situated amidst the majestic mountain ranges of Kanan Devan and Bison Valley Hills, Spice Tree is one of the ideal Kerala hotels to visit with family. The ambience of the hotel will let you switch from the hustle-bustle of the outside world and relax in the luxurious rooms while watching the amazing views of the hills and listening to the chirping of the birds. As you choose to stay in Spice Tree, you and your kids will get to indulge in a number of things like yoga, nature walks, cooking session, tea tasting, jeep safari, and a spa session. In addition to this, there is a free coffee bar down the hill where you can simply sit and relax while sipping coffee amidst the beautiful sight of bountiful nature everywhere. Also, the pool here is another spot where you along with family can sway in absolute tranquil bliss.
- A family dining hall where you can enjoy exquisite food and indulge in cooking classes
- Yoga and Spa Session for a complete mental and physical peace for you and your child
- Promoting responsible tourism, the hotel offers opportunities like farming activities, weddings, church and temple worship
- A guided nature expedition to learn about a variety of flora and fauna
11. Devonshire Greens: Treat Yourself with a Holistic Experience Amid Tranquil Settings
A colonial style luxury resort, Devonshire Greens is flanked by a lush green tea gardens and stunning views of cascading waterfalls and beautiful valleys. Being one of the mesmerizing holiday resorts in Munnar, the place will grab your attention by its visually appealing sights and enriching harmony in tune. Along with offering stunning views of nature, the resort has unrivalled services and excellent food that make Devonshire one of the best resorts in Munnar. Being here, you can head to the library which has a good collection of books, maps, photos, rare collections of spices in Munnar and a lot more. For a rejuvenating experience, you can make the best use of Ayurveda Spa offered at the resort.
- Curio Shop- Library that has a huge collection of books, photos and spices of Munnar
- Tamas Ayurveda Spa to detox and rejuvenate your body
- A bonfire which is yet another good way to spend quality time with your family
12. PepperVine: Experience a Comfortable Stay with Scintillating Views of the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Located right outside Periyar Tiger Reserve, Pepper Vine is a 3-star hotel that offers the best of services to make your stay a memorable one in Thekkady. Far from the noise of the city, the hotel is ideal for a family holiday where you will have all the opportunities to relax to the gentle music of nature. You will be living right in the heart of nature with scintillating views of the wildlife sanctuary and lush greenery all around. The hotel has all the basic and important facilities that is suitable for you and your family which includes a yoga and spa session, an outdoor swimming pool and a kids’ pool too. Besides, you will have easy access to some of the tourist attractions of Thekkady like Mullaperiyar Dam, Spice and Tea Plantations.
- Yoga and Spa services to make you feel revived
- Outdoor swimming pool and a kid’s pool to make the most of relaxed holidays in Thekkady
- Library where you can take your kids to indulge in reading
13. The Elephant Court: Find Yourself in the Rejuvenating Power of Mother Nature
One of the largest and luxurious resorts in Thekkady, The Elephant Court is wrapped in the shades of green. Located at close proximity to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, the resort invites you to experience the rejuvenating power of Mother Nature. Choosing to stay at the Elephant Court, you will get a chance to enjoy the traditional Ayurvedic treatments, spend quiet moments by indulging in Yoga and Meditation, adore the breathtaking views of the wildlife sanctuary from the rooftop with your kids, buy souvenirs and gifts to take back home.
- Ayur Hasthi Spa to relish a traditional Ayurveda treatment
- Yoga and Meditation to calm and soothe your body and mind
- Guided Nature Walk, Elephant Ride and Jeep Safari to explore a variety of flora and fauna
14. Abad Green Forest: A Memorable Stay in the Jungle Cottages
If you and your family is a big fan of nature, booking your stay at Abad Green Forest would be an ideal option. You can choose from 30 jungle rooms and 20 jungle cottages that offer scenic views of the surrounding areas. Also, they have a nice Ayurveda centre and swimming pool (a different one for the kid’s as well) where you can relax yourself after having a fun-filled day in the wilderness. Your kids can spend time playing in the garden of the resort complex.
- Swimming pool both for adults and kids
- Garden where you can play with your kids
- Ayurveda centre to pamper your body
15. Poetree Sarovar Portico: Wake Up with Breathtaking Views of Periyar Lake in from the Eco-Friendly Rooms
Be prepared to be pampered by Mother Nature while you stay in Poetree Sarovar Portico. Nestled at a unique vantage point, Poetree Sarovar Portico is one of the best budget hotels in Kerala where you can unwind with your family amidst a splendid natural setting. In addition to this, the sun-drenched, eco-friendly rooms of the hotel have elegant furnishing and a private deck that offers breathtaking views of the serene Periyar lake.
- Offers rejuvenation therapies with SVA Spa and Yoga
- Lets you witness the unmatched views of Thekkady’s dazzling sunrises
- A guided garden walk where you can let your kids learn about the unique flora, fauna and aesthetics
- Open roof-top dining that offers magnificent views of Kumily town and the Sahyadri mountains
16. Silver Crest: Best Family Getaway to Witness a Variety of Fauna at Close Quarters
Away from the maddening crowd of the city, Silver Crest overlooks Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, one of the most fascinating wildlife reserves in India. This makes the resort the best one, especially for the families who are keen on wildlife. On being here you can get a unique experience by witnessing a variety of fauna at close quarters. Besides, the traditional unique architecture of the Silver Crest appears to be more beautiful with the legendary Nalukettu and Nadumuttam.
- Children’s play area where your kids can enjoy to the fullest
- Swimming pool to unwind
- Trekking experience
17. Holiday Vista: Take Delight in the Boutique Resort and Revive Yourself with Yoga and Ayurveda Massage
A luxury boutique, Holiday Vista invites you to experience warm hospitality. Nestled amidst the serene greenery, the hotel will let you witness the fineness of Mother Nature. Besides offering amazing facility and amazing services, the hotel provides convenient access to many tourist attractions. Of all, one such is the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary which is a heaven for the wildlife buffs offering a closer glimpse of wild animals. Holiday Vista is yet another accommodation option in Thekkady where you get an opportunity to create memories to cherish for a lifetime.
- Offers authentic Ayurveda treatment
- Playing area ideal for your children
- Yoga zone with a personal instructor
18. Angel Queen Houseboat: Savour Delicious Kerala Culinary Delights and Explore the Backwaters at its Best
Staying in a traditional thatched houseboat and exploring the backwaters of Kerala is a quintessential experience. And when in Alleppey you can make the most of your holidays by booking your stay in a houseboat. One such popular houseboat in Alleppey is Angel Queen Houseboat that offers a wonderful houseboat experience with the best services like delicious Kerala culinary delights. You will get an opportunity to witness the celestial beauty of Kerala, enjoy, relax and visit the different aspects of the backwater. The houseboat drops the anchor at multiple points of interest giving you an opportunity to indulge in a sightseeing tour.
- Offers fishing activity that you can enjoy with your child
- Kids-friendly buffet to enjoy multi-cuisines
- Various water sports activities
- Enjoy a relaxing and pleasant massage
19. Citrus Retreat: Experience the Blend of Tranquility, Serenity and Luxury with a Chance To Indulge in Fishing Activity
Surrounded by lush greenery and paddy, Citrus Retreat is sure to win your heart with its surreal beauty. Spending your days in Citrus Retreat, you will find yourself in the lap of Mother Nature with a perfect blend of tranquillity, serenity and luxury. In addition to this, the resort will let you get an exclusive Ayurveda treatment that will make you feel revived. Also, you can indulge in other fun-filled activities with your kids like cooking classes and fishing. A stay in Citrus with family would be an experience that would call you back time and time again.
- Fishing in backwaters
- Offers an opportunity to indulge in various cultural activities
- Swimming pool to relax with your kids
- Spa Services to let you pamper your body
- Playground to let your kids spend time
20. Erandia Marari Ayurveda Beach Resort: Stroll on the Beach and Enjoy the Mesmerizing of Rising and Setting Sun
Facing the sea, Erandia Marari Ayurveda Beach Resort lies on the long Marari Beach in the state of Kerala. A perfect getaway from the humdrum of city life, the resort will let you explore nature at its best by strolling on the beach during sunrise and sunset or listening to the gushing sound of the sea waves. The resort is popular for its Ayurveda treatment that will let your body and mind feel rejuvenated. The resort is a beautiful combination of breathtaking beauty and top-notch services that will make your stay a pleasant and memorable one.
- Offers a soothing Ayurveda treatment
- Swimming pool to chill and relax
- Offers a unique experience of Dolphin Sighting
Well, a vacation in Kerala needs no reason as the destination is full of serenity and pure bliss with a number of tourist attractions to be witnessed. So, if you are up for planning a family vacation in Kerala, hope you choose to book from these 20 family-friendly resorts that will let your kids make the most of their holidays and leave you talking about beauty and hospitality of Kerala for years.
If you need any assistance in knowing about the best Kerala family tour packages, Tour My India is just a call away. Give us a call at +91-8744012050/87 or drop your queries at email@example.com. Our Kerala travel packages are meticulously created that suits the needs and preferences of our clients. Also, share this blog and put your views in the comment box below regarding the hotels and resorts in Kerala.