Male Breast Reduction Guide: Symptoms, Diagnosis & TreatmentMedical Tourism Treatment
Male breast reductions are a procedure that help men get rid of the look of enlarged breasts. The main reason men get breast reductions is due to swelling of the tissue surrounding the breast area. This procedure is also known as a Gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is estimated to affect about 40-60% of all men, resulting in the appearance of abnormally enlarged breasts. Swelling is caused by the male having abnormally high levels of estrogen in the body. Swelling can also cause discomfort, tenderness, and even pain for the person whose breasts are swollen. This condition can happen at any age from cases seen in young boys to cases seen in full-grown men.
Gynecomastia leaves the male with more than just tender, swollen breast tissue. Many males are absolutely humiliated and self-conscious about their swollen, enlarged breasts. Many men even refuse to even go shirtless in public at the risk of being seen with their breasts swollen and enlarged. Swollen breasts oftentimes have a psychological impact on the male’s well-being. Breast reduction can be a solution to solve this humiliating problem.
The male breast reduction is aimed at reducing breast size in men by removing excess skin and tissues around the breast area. The procedure firms and tightens the chest area, and brings physical satisfaction to the patient when their breasts no longer appear puffy, swollen, and enlarged. Male breast reduction surgeries are long-lasting in their effects if not completely permanent.
Male Breast Reduction Procedures:
a) Using Liposuction:
Plastic surgeons today are able to treat a growing number of gynecomastia patients through a surgical procedure involving a liposuction. This is generally proving to be a less invasive technique when it comes to performing a gynecomastia. However, the skill of the surgeon still plays a big role in how well the procedure turns out using this less invasive technique. A steady hand is a key to producing top-quality results for the patient. Generally, the liposuction is done using a local anesthetic to numb the breast area during the procedure. The patient is either under a sedative or general anesthesia, depending on the individual’s preference.
Depending on the type of liposuction being done, the surgeon will make the incisions along the edge of the areola and/or under the armpit. Through these incisions, the surgeon will remove excess fats and/or glandular tissue while sculpting a new chest contour that looks more natural to the body. Recovery is usually pretty easy and quick for most patients. Patients should be prepared to wear a compression garment for the first few weeks after the procedure to minimize the swelling and to help the tissue heal. Vigorous exercise is usually strictly off-limits for about 3 weeks after the procedure occurs. Many men return to work in several days following their procedure. Surgeons will give specific instructions to each individual based on the invasiveness of their procedure to help them recover quickly.
b) Using Tissue Excision:
More severe cases of gynecomastia may require a surgical excision to achieve optimal results. Excessively stretched and sagging skin will usually require this approach. Excision allows greater amounts of glandular tissue and fat to be removed in men who have more severe breast swelling. The location and the length of the incisions depend on how much tissue needs to be removed and the extent of what needs to be done. Most incisions are usually made around the edges of the areola or on the natural crease-lines of the chest. Qualified cosmetic surgeons will make incisions inconspicuous as possible.
Tissue excisions are generally done as an outpatient procedure. Soreness may last up to a few days; however, pain should be relatively minimal. Pain management is done with Tylenol to help curb soreness. Some men may be able to return to work as soon as a few days after their procedure depending on their line of work. Any loss of feeling in the surgical area should return in the following months after the procedure.
What Are The Pre-And-Post Surgery Stances To Maintain:
Pre-Surgical Protocols & Preparations:
- Ensure you are exercising and stretching regularly as well as lifting moderately heavy weighs.
- Being in shape will help you recover quickly after your procedure.
- Make sure you are not suffering from ailments such as the cold or flu in weeks prior to your procedure. These “minor” illnesses can cause problems and delay the recovery period from an otherwise somewhat basic procedure.
- Practice good hygiene to keep healthy.
- Smoking and marijuana use should be discontinued at least four weeks (one month) prior to the surgery. Smoking habits can prolong recovery periods by inhibiting breathing. The use of cigarettes or marijuana can also restrict blood flow to the area where the procedure was done, causing further delays in healing.
- At least 2 weeks prior to your procedure, you should stop taking supplements like Vitamin E, garlic supplements, green tea extracts, anti-inflammatory agents, estrogen supplements, or herbal medications you take that can increase the chances of extra bleeding.
- Sun damage can lead to developing irregular scars and pigmentations after surgery. Avoid any form of exposure to the sun before the procedure, and while the scars heal and fade.
- On the day of surgery use an antibacterial soap while showering. Do not use scented soaps, creams, deodorants, hair spray, or cologne.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before the procedure as it can interfere with sedation during the procedure.
Post-Operative Care & Maintenance:
- Get adequate rest — this is an important after-care measure to help your body heal quickly and properly.
- Do not lower your physical activity by a large amount post-operation as it may lead to severe constipation. Engage in like physical activity like walking for about 30 minutes or more daily. This keeps the swelling down, and also can help stop post-surgery swelling.
- Do not overexert yourself doing physical activities. Wait for 2-3 weeks into the stages of healing after surgery to play contact sports.
- Do not begin driving until you have complete control of your arms and their movement. Do not drive until your movement is no longer restricted from the procedure in any way.
- Avoid exposing the scar to the sun for at least 12 months following the procedure. Sun exposure is harmful, and can lead to the permanency of the scars being more prominent.
- Keep the incision clean and inspect it daily for any signs of infections.
- Do not engage in tub-soaking until sutures are removed.
Dietary Needs Surrounding The Procedure:
- Continue to eat a balanced diet but avoid raw fruits as it can lead to constipation.
- Consume adequate Vitamin C each day.
- Do not drink alcohol while on medication.
- Avoid smoking for several weeks (4 weeks – one month recommended) before the procedure and about that long after the procedure as well.
- Take only prescribed medications.
- Do not take un-prescribed pain killers. Even seemingly-innocent things like aspirin can cause swelling to increase. In rare cases these medications can cause bleeding.
- Avoid fish oil, supplemental garlic, omega-3 supplements, multi-vitamins, etc. for the period before your procedure as advised by your healthcare professional.
How To Choose A Worthy Surgeon To Perform A Male Breast Reduction:
Choose a surgeon based upon their merits to perform the procedure. One should take into consideration the educational background and training experiences of the surgeon. This ensures that the surgeon is equipped to do the job that he/she says they can. The surgeon should always be certified to perform cosmetic surgeries to even be considered for the job. You should also personally meet the surgeon before they perform the procedure, and ensure they are someone you are fundamentally comfortable with. You should also feel comfortable with his/her surrounding medical staff. Consequences of a poor plastic surgery procedure done on the male’s breast can result in issues including permanent scarring, loss of nipple sensation, unevenly shaped breasts, or development of lumps around the breast area.
The most important point of a surgery is making the incision. The size of the incision determines the size of the scar and permanency of it. It also determines how natural the position of the nipple will be after the procedure. The male breast reduction cost in India is about $2200 to $3200 depending on the exact procedure performed, and the scope of work needed to be done. The best hospitals for male breast reduction in India include top medical centers in large, industrialized cities such as Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Mumbai.
What Are Alternatives To [Surgically Completed] Male Breast Reductions?
One alternative to the surgical procedure is an exercise and diet regime. Exercise is the most manageable way to decrease breast size. Specifically using chest exercises to target the chest and shoulder area can help keep the muscle solid, and help melt any fat that may make the chest look “swollen” or “enlarged”. This helps keep the chest in line with the male’s desirable body proportions.
A second alternatives are creams and ointments. Many people who do not exercise or cannot exercise due to physical handicaps often turn to various ointments, creams, and serums for results. These are applied to the chest area, and treatments are also desirable as they are noninvasive. They also require little to no effort on the part of the patient to apply the cream or gel to the chest area. These are not recommended for long-term fixes, however, as some of these creams can be very expensive. Some others have side effects like the possibility of developing uneven looking breasts.
Third and finally, there are reduction pills that are available in most pharmacies and are relatively inexpensive. However, many of these medications can also have some damaging side-effects. Despite these options the longest-lasting results are from a surgical procedure, and there are even fewer side-effects when the doctors’ orders are properly followed!
Male breast reductions are becoming more and more common. Male breast reductions are helping more and more males feel more confident about their bodies. Male breast reductions are the cure for many men who suffer from swelling and puffiness in the chest area that makes them uncomfortable and self-conscious with or without a shirt on. It helps many people do everyday activities like going to the beach or swimming pool again with confidence. The best part about male breast reductions is that they are usually a one-time fix. One surgery usually solves the problem permanently for most men.
Cosmetic Surgery: A Comprehensive Guide To Achieve
26 Apr, 2017
How Cancer Treatment in India is Saving The Life o
20 Apr, 2017
Brain Tumors: Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
17 Apr, 2017
Breast Cancer Causes & Treatment: A Comprehensive
13 Apr, 2017
Infertility Causes & Treatments : A Complete Guide
31 Mar, 2017
Weight Loss Surgery In India: Successful Journey F
18 Mar, 2017
Cosmetic Surgery: A Comprehensive Guide To Achieve A Perfect Look
26 Apr, 2017
How Cancer Treatment in India is Saving The Life of Nigerians
20 Apr, 2017
Brain Tumors: Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
17 Apr, 2017
Breast Cancer Causes & Treatment: A Comprehensive Guide
13 Apr, 2017
6 Latest Trends In Healthcare To Watch Out For In 2017
10 Apr, 2017