e-TOURIST VISA (Indian Visa on Arrival)
The government of India promotes the economic interests of the Indian business community and creates awareness about India through its Indian embassies and Indian consulates. At the nearest Indian consulate or Indian embassy in your country you can avail the following consular services:
- Visa services
- PIO services
- OCI services
- OCI miscellaneous services
- Passport services
- Miscellaneous services
List of Indian embassies & Indian consulates
Here is a complete list of the various Indian embassies situated across the world. Visit the website of your country to find out more details about the address, telephone number, fax number, email address and office timings. All you need to do is to visit the nearest Indian embassy or Indian consulate in your country to get a valid Indian business visa.
Government of India has introduced e-Tourist Visa Facility (eTV) scheme for the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands,Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
The eTV is allowed for a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility by the Immigration Officers at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Goa airports. eTV is allowed for a maximum of two
times in a calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two
months between two visits. eTV shall be non-extendable and
The foreigners of above mentioned countries may avail of
eTV for a period up to 30 days for tourism, medical treatment,
casual business or to visit friends/relatives, etc. The eTV
facility is not applicable to the holders of Diplomatic/Official
Passports. Further, eTV shall not be granted to the foreigners
who have permanent residence or occupation in India. Such
persons can visit India on normal visa, as applicable.
- International Tourists who are travelling to India with the motto of meeting friends or relatives, sightseeing, recreation, medical treatment or casual business meets.
- Passport must have validity of six months
- International Travellers should carry return ticket or onward journey ticket, and they must have sufficient money with them to spend during her/his stay in India.
- International Tourists with Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin have to apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Official / Diplomatic Passport Holders.
Instructions for e-Tourist Visa Facility
- Applicants of the countries eligible for this criterion may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days.
- For Example: If one is applying on 1st Dec then s/he can select arrival date from 5th Dec to 4th Jan.
- Applicant has to upload a latest front facing photograph with white background along with the photo page of passport having personal details like name, date of birth, expiry date, nationality etc. However, the confirmation of the application is subject to rejection if the uploaded document is not clear or as per specification.
- TVOA or Tourist Visa on Arrival charge is US $ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for debit/credit cards. Tourists have to pay the fees 4 days in advance before the expected date of travel filled by his/her or else the application will not be processed.
- The fees for eTV is non-refundable.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) while travelling to India.
- Biometric Details of the traveller will be collected compulsorily at Immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of Visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- ETA is valid to let the travellers enter into the country through 9 reputed airports of the country, i.e, Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Cochin, Goa, Mumbai, Hyderabad & Trivandrum.
- This facility is available in addition to the existing visa service.
- Tourist Visa on Arrival (eTV) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- eTV once issued, on arrival is non-convertible, non-extendable & not valid for visiting Cantonment and Protected/Restricted areas.
- Applicants can easily track their application status online clicking Visa Status.
- For any assistance regarding Visa issues and other related concerns tourists can call 24 * 7 Visa Support Centre at +91-11-24300666 or send email to email@example.com.
The documents required for Tourist Visa On Arrival are:
- Scanned copy of the First Page of Passport in PDF Format, size should be minimum 10 KB to maximum 300KB.
The digital photograph that needs to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following criteria:
- The photograph to be uploaded should be in JPEG Format, size should be minimum 10 KB and must not exceed 1 MB.
- The photo must be equal in both height and width.
- Photo should display Full Face, Front View with your eyes open.
- Centre head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain light coloured or pure white.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- No Borders.