The doors of Badrinath and Kedarnath are going to be closed for six months for the upcoming winter season. The doors of Badrinath will be closed on 27th November and those of Kedarnath will be shut down after Diwali on 25th October. This announcement was made on Friday whilst following all the traditional rituals. Further, Madmaheshwar and Tungnath will be closed for pilgrims from 21st November and 30th November, respectively. And the respective dates of door closing ceremony of Gangotri and Yamnutri are 24th and 25th October.
In a meeting hosted on the occasion of Vijaydashmi, Mr. Bhuvan Chandra Uniya (the Dharmadhikari of Badrinath) decided the dates of door closing ceremony with the help of Panchang (Ancient Vedic Astrology).
Important Dates Of Door Closing and ‘Doli Agaman’ Ceremony Of Kedarnath Temple
- 25th October – At 8:15 AM, the doors will be shut in ‘Tula Lagan’. On the same day Doli will enter Rampur and spend the night at the same place.
- 26th October – The Doli will travel from Rampur to Guptkashi
- 27th October – From Guptkashi, the Doli will travel to Ukhimath. And upon reaching, it will be emplaced here only. For six months of Winter season, the Lord Shiva will be revered at the shrine.
Important Dates Of Door Closing and ‘Doli Agaman’ Ceremony Of Madmaheshwar
- 21st November – At 8:00 AM, the doors will be closed in ‘Varishchik Lagan’. The Doli will spend the night in Gaundar village
- 22nd November – The Doli will travel from Gaundar to Ransi
- 23rd November – This day, the Doli will travel from Ransi to Giriya
- 24th November – From Giriya, the Doli will reach the final destination i.e. Omkerashwar Temple, Ukhimath
First Published on: 04 Oct, 2014