Monastery and Temple
The monastery and the temple is located in the southern part of
Raipur city on the banks of an ancient river called Maharajbandh.
This ancient temple dedicate to Lord Rama, was built in the mid
of 17th century by King Jaitsingh. The temple has beautiful murals.
The monastery was named after Swami Balbhadra Das who only had 'Doodh'
(milk) as his food. Burials of the former Mahants can also be seen
Mahamaya temple is located in Raipur's old fort area near Maharajbandh
temple. This temple originally belonging to the Kalchuri era has
been renovated later. Nearby is the Samleswari temple dedicated
to Goddess Samlai.
Hatkeswar Mahadev temple and Mahadev Ghat
The Mahadev ghat is located 5 kms from Raipur on the banks of river
Kharun. The temple was built in 1402, by Hajiraj Naik during the
rule of Bramhdeo Rai, son of the Kalchuri king Ramachandra. Brahmdeo
Rai's monumental script in Sanskrit is still preserved at the Mahant
Ghasidas memorial museum.
In Mathpurena situated at one end of Raipur, a four handed sculpture
of Lord Bramha belonging to the 8th century believed to be of Som
dynasty has been found.