Visit Kerala 2015 Campaign: An Initiative to Promote Kerala Tourism
To promote Kerala as a tourist hub of the country along with the promotion of responsible tourism, Union Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge) launched ‘Visit Kerala’ campaign on 9 April in Delhi. The campaign aims at promoting state specific tourism products such as Ayurveda, Spice Route and Responsible Tourism. Under this newly introduced campaign, the government will take different initiatives that would churn out the natural beauty, culinary traditions, cultural splendour, and famed hospitality of the God’s own country. To attract both domestic as well as international travellers several innovative schemes and programmes will be introduced in due course.
Prime Features of the Visit Kerala Campaign
- The prime motive of the campaign would be to increase the number of tourists’ arrival in Kerala to more than 1.37 crore in 2015.
- April 2015 to March 2016 is announced as Visit Kerala Year.
- The second phase of the campaign is named as Kerala-Home of Ayurveda and it will be launched in a few specific national as well as international markets.
- The government will make use of social media to its best to promote the core campaign. To attract tourists it will focus on the year 2015-16 as the best time to visit Kerala and introduce several contests to grab attention.
- To introduce Kerala’s authentic cuisines, food festival will be arranged in major Indian cities like Mumbai and New Delhi.
- A special tourism industrial meet will be arranged to promote responsible tourism and to encourage the involvement of local communities. The core motive of the meet will be to guide local people to set up home-stays and villas with small-scale investment.
- The existing Kerala souvenirs will be redesigned and will be sold to the tourists with the support of Kudumbashree units.
- To grab the attention of tourists, a comprehensive festival and events calendar will be released.
- Kerala Tourism is persuading hoteliers, airlines and travel agents to give special offers to the visitors.
- In order to ensure women empowerment, a major share of women personnel will be hired in the tourism industry.
- To make it sure that the tourists can go around the city with a single ticket, very soon a hop-on hop-off bus will also be introduced in Thiruvananthapuram.
- To promote domestic tourism, the government will offer incentives to the partners of international trade fairs and special tour packages will be introduced with major domestic airlines.
You may also like to read: