Tourism Ministry Plans to Launch ‘Know Your India’ Drive
Mahesh Sharma, the Union Minister of Culture and Tourism, on Tuesday said that the government wants youth and children to explore the natural treasures and gems of India before they opt for holidaying outside the nation. With the strong intention of putting words into action, the government soon plans to launch ‘Bharat Ko Jano’ (Know Your India) drive.
While interacting informally with media, Sharma said “India has many unknown destinations that all Indians should explore and know about. If resources are used wisely, we are sure that Indians will certainly want to visit these unknown destinations.”
He added that government thinks that inclusion of domestic places that enhance our knowledge and give new information in school curriculum will be beneficial. Coming to Know Your India drive, he stated that the plan is in its preliminary state and will take some time.
When a reporter asked him what the culture ministry is planning to do to ensure safety of monuments, which are currently under the protection gambit of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), Sharma said “We believe the reports that suggest that ASI is not working up to the mark. We will look into this issue surely, swiftly and seriously.”
You may also like to read:
- Top Unexplored Heritage Sites in India
- 15 Unexplored Wildlife Destinations in India
- Top 20 Explored and Unexplored Film Shooting Locations in Uttarakhand
- 10 Less Explored Treks in the Garhwal Himalayan Region
- Take a Trip to These 5 Less Explored Tourist Spots in India
- The Rural Tourism in India: A Journey through Rich Indian Tradition
- Indian Village Tour: A Walk through Real India