Sunburn Festival Goa 2016
Hailing from Goa, the mother of all music festivals in India, Sunburn will be celebrating its 10th glorious year this December. AND I can’t possibly begin this blog by using the cliché ‘ARE YOU READY TO GET SUNBURNT!’ Ok then! This December the ground at Vagator can be the best place to conclude the year end. It will be a three-day extravaganza that will make you forget about all your previous eclectic experiences with Electric Dance Music (EDM), Cruises, Camping and After Parties! Well I assume this year things will be getting better and crazier for the sake of all the ardent music freaks thronging Goa from all corners of the world. Since, the official Sunburn site refuses to spill the beans, we have to only hope and pray that the event will be nothing but the best! Here are a few things that you should know about this incredible festival in Goa:
- Sunburn’s Climb to the International Stage: Launched in India in 2007, Sunburn Festival was inspired by the grand Tomorrowland Music Festival that is held every year in Belgium. Following in the footstep of Tommorrowland, Sunburn Music Fest have incorporated performances by famous DJs like Carl Cox, Above & Beyond and Axwell. The festival was sponsored by Smirnoff and was organized by Precept at Candolim Beach. Its smashing success encouraged its return in the year 2008 but it was the year 2009 that brought Sunburn international recognition, when CNN declared Sunburn as the 9th best festival in the world.
- This is how Sunburn Rolled! Successfully running from 2007 to 2011 in Goa, the organizers decided to take Sunburn to other parts of the country and see how it goes; well as expected the festival was a huge hit in Noida, Mumbai, IITs and BITS Pilani. Music lovers swarmed from the strangest corners of India if I may put it that way AND made Sunburn one of the most anticipated festivals amongst the youth.
- What Can We Expect From Sunburn Goa 2016? The magnificent 8 years history of the festival gives us big hope for the Sunburn 2016. The dates of this year’s Sunburn Festival have been fixed as 27, 28, 29, 30 December 2016 and the FESTIVITY begins from 12PM onwards. If last year’s show was any indication, we can safely presume that this year we will be seeing some of the following:
- Massive Stages: The world’s best DJs will be playing on the most artistically created colossal stages. We hope that this year there might an increase in the number of stages with ofcourse a completely new theme.
- Awesome Performances: Since, Sunburn festival is about EDM, one is expected to see performances by world’s best DJs like Axwell, Afrojack, Markus Schulz, Pete Tong, Mark Knight, Andrew Rayel, Quintino, James Zabiela, Ummet Ozcan. Also, music lovers will get the opportunity to shake their booty from left to the right on Trance, House, Electro, Techno, Drum & Bass, Psy-trance and Experimental music.
- Delicious Food & Drinks: Along with great music, party people will be able to enjoy sumptuous food and drinks like last year. A variety of food items and pitchers of alcoholic beverages are expected to be served. We also pray that LIKE last year the Happy Hour deal (Buy 1 and Get 1 free) is available.
- Fun Camping: You and your buddies will be able to camp-on site; now, isn’t that a GOOD NEWS! Yeah! We hope to see a lot of camping this year as well, so that one will be able to save money on accommodation (which will eventually be having rates rocketing up!).
- Crazy Cruises: Sailing on the Arabian Sea…We are hoping a bigger, better cruise this year! Also, we are looking forward to some great cruise parties with obviously great music and drinks in the house!
- Impeccable After Parties: At Sunburn festival the parties never end, and just like last year, we are hoping to be part of some awesome ‘Sunburn After Dark’ parties, for which the tickets will be available on the venue for all regular ticket holders. On the other hand, for VIP and VVIP ticket holders, the entry to the after parties will be free.
So, I guess Sunburn Festival 2016 is going to be as awesome as always! By the way did you KNOW that the early bird tickets are out for the event? I am logging in and getting my tickets booked and so should you! I hope to see you guys there! Keep the Sunburn Pride Alive and say it out loud…LIVE.LOVE.DANCE!!
You may also like to read: